• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Utah 2018-19: travel planning, snow conditions, deals

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not skiing this weekend. Ikon passes are blacked out the 19th and 20th for all Utah resorts so headed back to Denver on Sat. We skied Alta today and Solitude yesterday. Not sure where we're going tomorrow.

LKillick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh -- and I wanted to confirm: I asked at Snowbird. If both Snowbird and Alta are skied in one day on the Ikon pass, it only counts as 1 day. My mountain guide radioed down and it was a whole conversation amongst multiple individuals who confirmed. :smile:

LKillick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
LKillick, good to know the breakfast was overall decent at that Residence Inn. Were the rooms decent as well? I’ve considered staying there if I’m on a late inbound flight.

Yes. Rooms were very nice. Hot tub was nice. Would stay again!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm heading to Targhee this weekend! I'll be up at Snowbasin on Friday for the morning hitting as much powder as possible, probably with my 11yo daughter who now skis more of the mountain than I do, thanks to the Devo program!

@Sheena, I signed up for the Divas program for the next session. The early ups are too tempting!

JessIsTryingToSki

Certified Ski Diva
My kids and I started skiing the same day last year. They're off on John Paul and Strawberry this year and I stand at the top of Herberts swearing under my breath.

I think we'll do the Devo program for my youngest next year. He's a fearless speed demon - perfect for racing!

I'm heading to Targhee this weekend! I'll be up at Snowbasin on Friday for the morning hitting as much powder as possible, probably with my 11yo daughter who now skis more of the mountain than I do, thanks to the Devo program!

@Sheena, I signed up for the Divas program for the next session. The early ups are too tempting!

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My kids and I started skiing the same day last year. They're off on John Paul and Strawberry this year and I stand at the top of Herberts swearing under my breath.

I think we'll do the Devo program for my youngest next year. He's a fearless speed demon - perfect for racing!
I can relate to the fear, I promise you. Herberts is a GREAT quick hitter to get more comfortable on a tad steeper terrain.

I like Devo a lot, and I really like that the kids learn how to TURN. One of my biggest peeves is the kids with no fear who straightline in a power wedge, unable to stop if they need to. My daughter has finally figured out that turning is fun, and that speed is not the biggest joy of skiing, nor an indicator of skill!

If you want to take more lessons, I know a ton of the instructors up there and can make solid recommendations. You get half off a private if you have a premier pass.

JessIsTryingToSki

Certified Ski Diva
I can relate to the fear, I promise you. Herberts is a GREAT quick hitter to get more comfortable on a tad steeper terrain.

I like Devo a lot, and I really like that the kids learn how to TURN. One of my biggest peeves is the kids with no fear who straightline in a power wedge, unable to stop if they need to. My daughter has finally figured out that turning is fun, and that speed is not the biggest joy of skiing, nor an indicator of skill!

If you want to take more lessons, I know a ton of the instructors up there and can make solid recommendations. You get half off a private if you have a premier pass.

I would love a recommendation. I have two more lessons this season (one this Friday!) I worked with one earlier this year that just left me completely defeated at the end. I talked to the ski school about it and explained WHAT kind of instructor I need.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll message you. I'd like to know who you've skied with so far. For women, particularly those who are a bit fearful, Shawnee is AWESOME. You can also upgrade your Learn and Earn lesson to a private for $99. Well worth it!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Going to be a bit windy at Alta/Snowbird this weekend, but a lot of snow expected in the next week or so. Now the forecast is calling for almost 3 FEET before the storm system moves out completely.

Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 2.24.23 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
According to Evan of OpenSnow, the snow systems in the next week will be big all over Utah. Brian Head is the winner this weekend, but there is more to come for LCC/BCC that could be measured in feet too. :snow:

marzNC

Angel Diva
I’m excited to get back to Alta. I appreciate the reporting! Thank you!
When are you going at Alta? I'll be there in April per usual.

Actually trying not to look at the snow reports for Utah right now. Powder chasing is always tempting but I've found I do better having a plan and sticking to it, regardless of the weather forecast.

Scribble

Angel Diva
We're back in SLC for the next 5 days, but we've used up all of the Alta days on our Ikon pass. We're hoping to ski Brighton for the next couple of days and Deer Valley later this week. So excited! Hopefully the roads are decent tomorrow morning.

JessIsTryingToSki

Certified Ski Diva
We're back in SLC for the next 5 days, but we've used up all of the Alta days on our Ikon pass. We're hoping to ski Brighton for the next couple of days and Deer Valley later this week. So excited! Hopefully the roads are decent tomorrow morning.

There are chain warnings for I80 eastbound and chain requirements for BCC. I just got back from the gym - the main roads are plowed, but slick.

Leave early, drive slow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly