• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Would you wear this?

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not quite as styling as a Skhoop skirt, but Uniqlo has an insulated skirt for $29 right now.
I have been wanting one of these warm insulated shirts and was going to order one of those from Uniqlo but it looks like they are a Japanese company with super small sizing. After measuring I'd need at least a xl if not a xxl or xxxl :scared: I'm not that big of a person (usually wear a size L in US sizing). The sad thing is they have nothing in stock that over a size large :cry:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think even the wool skirts won't flatter my bottom, although I could try knitting one.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks! The black skirt with the geometric graphic is uber-cute. :smile:

mustski

Angel Diva
I have been wanting one of these warm insulated shirts and was going to order one of those from Uniqlo but it looks like they are a Japanese company with super small sizing. After measuring I'd need at least a xl if not a xxl or xxxl :scared: I'm not that big of a person (usually wear a size L in US sizing). The sad thing is they have nothing in stock that over a size large :cry:

I found the same problem with clothing made in China. When I produced Disney's Mulan, I would have to cut the tags out of everything to avoid an epidemic on anorexia in the middle school drama program. Some of their XLs wouldn't even fit little girls who wore a size 0 in junior clothing!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The wool skirts are cute, but I worry about static, especially over wool long underwear.

@VickiK - have you tried any of those knit patterns?
I have one of the skirts from a couple years ago and wear with non wool tights.....

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The wool skirts are cute, but I worry about static, especially over wool long underwear.

@VickiK - have you tried any of those knit patterns?
I haven't, yet! A short knit skirt might look more like this one on me, except my legs aren't as long.Not sure my apres-ski routine merits one anyway. But I'll give it some thought.
BumCosySkirt.jpg

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Isn't that what watch lists are for? :wink:

See, I usually end up buying the things on my watch list. I don't always buy the exact thing but it serves as a reminder to look for a better price on those things. I had a few head Joy skis on my list for the past few months but then I came across the ones I mentioned in another thread for $299 and bought them! I did find a 32 degrees down skirt for $22 thats on its way to live with me.

Keepur

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for sharing the picture @liquidfeet! I guess I shouldn't try to post late at night on my phone because it didn't show up right when I tried :smile:

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Runway fashion just makes me shake my head. I can't remember if it was Dr. Who or Teletubbies but one of those shows had something similar that was an ailen or robot. Right. I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's either a Dalek or the Queen from Alice in Wonderland. I wonder if all this insulated high couture is a sign of the times coming up in 2019-2020. Like the old mini-midi-maxi hemlines sayings. If so, fasten your seatbelts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly