• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Would you wear this?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, all of us here love down . But today this popped up on my Facebook feed, and I can't help but think it's a little bit ridiculous.

Tell me: would you wear this? Designer, and ONLY $2,710.!!!!

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 8.17.37 AM.png

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@ski diva The Jacket alone is 2K.... Ginevra Down-Quilted Puffer Jacket $2,140 - plus MONCLER Down-Quilted Long Gloves $1,500, and dress is $2710

For womens outerwear color inspiration check out Moncler's site .....

To answer your question, would never wear that dress or jacket (unless its @Jenny's mock version). However, I might wear the gloves skiing .... no powder getting up my sleeves with those! lol.

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay, first that color palette has got to go! If it were just the skirt in just about any other color and under $100 I’d be okay with it. Also, why are those down apres mini skirts so expensive?! I really want one but I’d only ever wear it maybe a couple times a season so it’s tough to justify

Jilly

Staff member
Also, why are those down apres mini skirts so expensive?! I really want one but I’d only ever wear it maybe a couple times a season so it’s tough to justify

I picked one up at the Mountain Hardwear outlet years ago. I've worn it once so far. And it's black!!

Tvan

Angel Diva
I picked one up at the Mountain Hardwear outlet years ago. I've worn it once so far. And it's black!!

We had a gigantic thread about these skirts awhile back. I seem to remember some epic enabling, which is how I got mine. I wear it constantly throughout the winter and I have definitely gotten my money’s worth in wear.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We had a gigantic thread about these skirts awhile back. I seem to remember some epic enabling, which is how I got mine. I wear it constantly throughout the winter and I have definitely gotten my money’s worth in wear.

I love the idea of the skirt. But I wanted a little bit longer, I’m fairly tall, so that when I sit down someplace chilly I don’t go from a fairly warm patch to weigh not warm enough won! And I want to pay next to nothing for it, of course!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the idea of the skirt. But I wanted a little bit longer, I’m fairly tall, so that when I sit down someplace chilly I don’t go from a fairly warm patch to weigh not warm enough won! And I want to pay next to nothing for it, of course!
Not quite as styling as a Skhoop skirt, but Uniqlo has an insulated skirt for $29 right now.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I've got one of those down skirts, only it isn't down, it's polyester fiber-fill. No problem, just as good. It's long and zips up the side. I love it; easy on, easy off. I wear it over my ski pant liners when the ski pants are not on but I'm in public. I used it a ton the last two years.

This was another thrift shop find, and a rare one at that. Probably cost me $3.00. Skhoop Skirt. Problem is, I've lost weight. Must put in a few darts in it to get it ready for this season, which adds to the benefit of it not being down.

https://www.rei.com/product/821740/skhoop-original-insulated-skirt
37a82587-5a0b-4861-be11-931e498139db.jpeg

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've got one of those down skirts, only it isn't down, it's polyester fiber-fill. No problem, just as good. It's long and zips up the side. I love it; easy on, easy off. I wear it over my ski pant liners when the ski pants are not on but I'm in public. I used it a ton the last two years.

This was another thrift shop find, and a rare one at that. Probably cost me $3.00. Skhoop Skirt. Problem is, I've lost weight. Must put in a few darts in it to get it ready for this season, which adds to the benefit of it not being down.

https://www.rei.com/product/821740/skhoop-original-insulated-skirt
View attachment 9503

I'd LOVE one, at a thrift shop price!!

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Somewhere, I saw an idea to up-cycle and old jacket or vest into an insulated skirt. You already have the zipper and pockets. Just add the elastic for the waist. Since it doesn't show under a sweater or jacket, it should work pretty well.

mustski

Angel Diva
That has got to be the most ridiculous outfit I have ever seen! I wouldn't even want to wear it if I was the model being paid to wear it!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Both @Olesya Chornoguz and @nopoleskier looked really good in theirs for Taos apres ski.......... Somehow I have three of them. Somewhere.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Both @Olesya Chornoguz and @nopoleskier looked really good in theirs for Taos apres ski.......... Somehow I have three of them. Somewhere.
I own two insulated skirts, one down filled knee length and one synthetic insulation mid thigh length. I wear them all the time to and from skiing, super comfortable and warm. I only change into ski pants to ski.
Lol at the outfit from Barney's and the price. I am kind of intrigued by the jacket and gloves, but definitely not for that price! I'd agree with @ski diva that it's a bit ridiculous.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly