• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Family Fun in Lake Placid

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
We recently did a family weekend trip to Lake Placid. We decided to give it a try being that we had only visited the area to ski Whiteface in the winter. We did not realize how many fun things there are to do in the summer and we had a blast!

Here is the link to the edit entitled "Dis-lodge". I hope you like it. It is quite different from our ski stuff.
Dis-lodge

AdkLynn

Certified Ski Diva
We recently did a family weekend trip to Lake Placid. We decided to give it a try being that we had only visited the area to ski Whiteface in the winter. We did not realize how many fun things there are to do in the summer and we had a blast!

Here is the link to the edit entitled "Dis-lodge". I hope you like it. It is quite different from our ski stuff.
Dis-lodge
What a lovely video! I'm so happy you enjoyed our beautiful region! ❤️

marzNC

Angel Diva
What a fun weekend! How old are your kids?

There is so much to do in the Adirondacks around Lake Placid, it can be hard to choose. But driving up to the top of Whiteface never disappoints. Absolutely spectacular during fall colors.

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
@AdkLynn glad you liked the video. I can't believe we did all of those things in 2 days. We love the Adirondacks; we can't wait to go back, there are so many things to do. We would love to do some more hiking in the region with the kids.

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
What a fun weekend! How old are your kids?

There is so much to do in the Adirondacks around Lake Placid, it can be hard to choose. But driving up to the top of Whiteface never disappoints. Absolutely spectacular during fall colors.
@marzNC you are right, driving up to the top of Whiteface was quite spectacular. Having missed skiing the Slides by a few days in the spring made it extra special to us.

Our girl Nevada is 9 and our son Sandro is 14. He will be entering High School in September. Having kids who are wide apart in age can be challenging, but this trip seem to offer something for both of them.
So many good little hikes around Whiteface. I did Mt. Jo for the first time a few years ago. One of the easy hikes that starts from the Adirondack Loj.

https://www.hikingproject.com/trail/7039877/mount-jo

During fall colors, can hike on the Whiteface ski trails. Even worth it when it's overcast. I started on the trail next to the stream, then found my way up to the mid-mountain lodge.

View attachment 9165View attachment 9166
What gorgeous colors. Can't wait to do some fall hiking. @marzNC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly