• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Confused by online reviews

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is it just me? Some skis you look up and the reviews / ratings are consistent. Others one site will say they are best for a beginner to lower intermediate, others intermediate to advanced.

For example the new K2 Thrilluvit. Nothing calls it straight up advanced, but I have seen it rated as good for just about every level. So which is it? It can't really be a ski for every level, can it?

Jilly

Staff member
Take any review with the old "grain of salt". If something sounds interesting...go try it!

I've demo'd for years. According to some reviews I should love it, but once I tried it....nah...

newboots

Angel Diva
All reviews are just somebody's opinion. Before we had the internet, reviews that were published were done by someone that the publisher thought had expertise. Now, there is no control over who is publishing reviews in some corners of the net. Some are trustworthy, some are probably nonsense.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is it just me? Some skis you look up and the reviews / ratings are consistent. Others one site will say they are best for a beginner to lower intermediate, others intermediate to advanced.

For example the new K2 Thrilluvit. Nothing calls it straight up advanced, but I have seen it rated as good for just about every level. So which is it? It can't really be a ski for every level, can it?
I skied them at mammoth this summer. I don't think they are expert. Imho. Nice ski but for me they lacked the get up and go i like. They were a tad too plankish.. today i took my new renoun z90 omg..this is an amazing ski. It blows away every other ski I've ever been on..

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did try them last March at a K2 womens demo day. I found them pretty easy going and liked them for the softer snow conditions we had that day, but one of the other women had enough of them after one short run. It does go to show that it is best to demo to find the right ski for you, but if you are looking at ski descriptions to narrow down a demo list it isn't very helpful if there is no consensus in the descriptions.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did try them last March at a K2 womens demo day. I found them pretty easy going and liked them for the softer snow conditions we had that day, but one of the other women had enough of them after one short run. It does go to show that it is best to demo to find the right ski for you, but if you are looking at ski descriptions to narrow down a demo list it isn't very helpful if there is no consensus in the descriptions.

I think the only way to get an idea is to know someone that skis like you or knows how you ski then the comparison is better.. but I totally agree, demo demo demo.. what one person loves another may hate! And there are SO many skis and new construction.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

It targets the advancing intermediate, but a skier can have fun on it as she advances to advanced. I think its a little bit of a "not sure where I belong" kind of ski.
Its too narrow to be a great off piste ski but the Pinnacle shape and design begs to go off piste.
When I visit K2 next month I'll ask a little more in depth.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly