• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Harb ski camp

Hsinski

Diva in Training
My husband and I just signed up for Harb's green\blue ski camp next Feb. So excited!

This is our first ski camp. Any ski camp preparation advise would be much appreciated.

I know it's early but I want to make sure we are well prepared so we can maximize our learnings from the ski camp.

Dtrick924

Angel Diva
I think knowing what the 5 essential movements (3 lower body: tipping, flexing, fore/aft balance and 2 upper body: counter-acting and counter-balancing) are is important for camp. It's good to know the terminology before you go and some of the instructors will quiz you on them. I've linked to some youtube videos for each of the essentials below.

The Harb Ski Systems website also has an online lessons section with short videos which will give you an idea of what some of the drills are. https://harbskisystems.com/pages/pmts-online-ski-lesson

Phantom Move

Tipping

Flexing

Fore/Aft Balance

Counteracting/Counterbalancing

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did Short Turn Camp last year and am going back this year. I can't emphasize enough the importance of reading/reviewing in advance the five essential movements (listed above by Dtrick924). Knowing what they are asking of you will make camp so much more fun. Really, Really. Also feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dreamofskiing