• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

St. Anton Ski Trip (actually snowboard...is that allowed here?)

elemmac

Angel Diva
DH and I started at sea level in NH, met his cousin at Logan and 20 hours later landed ourselves at 4,200 ft. on the front steps of the place we would call home for the next 8 days.

A few lessons were learned along the way:
1. ZzzQuil is a godsend for red-eye flights (just add a glass of wine, and you'll get a full flight's rest)
2. When you buy tickets from an Austrian train company, do not expect to pick them up in Germany
3. Leave plenty of time between your flight and your train...you may get evacuated from the train station while waiting
4. DH gets grumpy when traveling for 20 hours...feed him regularly

After that much travel, it was dinner and bed...nothing more.

Day 1 - Low visibility (and by low, I mean none). Better stay close to the trails...if you can find them
IMG_4773.JPG

Day 2 - We woke up fresh snow on the mountain, avalanche bombs in the distance, bluebird skies, and every view was more miraculous than the last
IMG_4788_4.jpg

Me and DH (always need a pic to send to Mom)
IMG_4803.JPG

Perfect way to end the day...goggle tans, beers and a view that does not suck
IMG_4819.JPG

Day 3 - This was our "Rest (but not really) Day". We traveled to Zurs via the new Flexenbahn
IMG_4831.JPG

And found some scrumptious, fresh lines
IMG_4835.JPG

Day 4 - Couple friends arrive and we head back to Zurs to find some good snow and venison sausages
IMG_4924_3.jpg

The place with the sausages was closed, but it would take a lot more than that for Zurs to disappoint (it did not)
IMG_4928_3.jpg

The snowboarders' version of the ol' spread eagle. A snowboard trip report would not be complete without a method grab
IMG_4977_2.jpg

elemmac

Angel Diva
Day 5 - Snow day...which would normally excite me, but with the snow come no visibility on the mountain. But...we found a restaurant with a slide to the bathroom, so that was cool.

Day 6 - Spent the day at a little area called Rendl.
IMG_5157.JPG

With my snowboard as my paint brush, and the mountain as a blank canvas, masterpieces were created.
IMG_5288=.JPG

Day 7 - We took the bus to Lech in the morning (when there's chains on the bus wheels you know it's gonna be a good day)
IMG_5290.JPG

It was
IMG_5334_2.jpg

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Awesome TR, @elemmac . I was "around the corner" in Kitzbuehl ..... maybe at the same time?

Christy

Angel Diva
A slide to the bathroom? Please tell me there is a photo. Is it easier to slide than to walk in ski boots or something?

1. ZzzQuil is a godsend for red-eye flights (just add a glass of wine, and you'll get a full flight's rest)

Can you normally sleep on planes? Did it make you hung over the next day? I have an overnight transpacific flight next month I am not looking forward to because I cannot sleep on planes, ever. I would love it if something could. Regular Nyquil makes me really groggy the next day though.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
A slide to the bathroom? Please tell me there is a photo. Is it easier to slide than to walk in ski boots or something?

Can you normally sleep on planes? Did it make you hung over the next day? I have an overnight transpacific flight next month I am not looking forward to because I cannot sleep on planes, ever. I would love it if something could. Regular Nyquil makes me really groggy the next day though.
Have you tried Advil or Aleve PM? I was going to take but my flight was delayed until 10 pm and we were served dinner at 11;30pm and had wine. Guess that was enough as slept (sort of) for a few hours....

elemmac

Angel Diva
Awesome TR, @elemmac . I was "around the corner" in Kitzbuehl ..... maybe at the same time?

Thanks! I was there from Feb. 23rd to March 4th.

Yes! Much easier to slide to the bathroom than walk! It did need to be slightly steeper, or be a few feet shorter, as I couldn't fully make it to the end. But overall, genius idea.
Photo credit to tripadvisor:
hospiz-alm.jpg

I can normally doze off on them, but never for a full flight. I think I slept for about 4-5 hours straight of a 6.5 hour flight. Had a glass of wine with the dinner they served on the plane and took ZzzQuil instead of the regular Nyquil...basically just a sleep aid. Might be better with the next day drowsiness? Also only took one pill instead of the dosage of two written on the box, since I knew I wasn't getting in an 8 hour sleep. No hangover the next day. DH barely slept at all...got by the next day with frequent coffee and Red Bull stops during the rest of our travel.

Jilly

Staff member
I've got to remember ZzzzQuil. I can't sleep on the trans-Atlantic flights either.

Not sure on the slide to the bathroom.....but novel idea! Just what a few places at Tremblant need.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly