• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mountain Collective Pass: Plans/Meet-Ups

kasuncion6

Certified Ski Diva
Hey All,

I have a Mountain Collective Pass (MCP) and am curious to hear how others with the pass plan on using it this year. Additionally, I'm hoping this can be a place where people can get together to plan trips together...
I don't know about you guys, but I've been finding it very hard to convince non-skier friends, and on-the-fence significant others to go on trips with me. It is a lot of work.

I am all for venturing out with fellow skiers. I'll start with my plans so far:

• Late December - did 3 awesome days at Mammoth, some with @Rainbow Jenny ...My bf Peter and I then drove up to Tahoe, but didn't get to use our Alpine/Squaw passes....we will back!

• January - Ski Diva West - going to use my days at Aspen. 3 free days plus 2 at 1/2 price

• February - Kind of up in the air....I'm now considering a Ski Week at Taos Feb.11-17. Anyone interested in joining?....Other ideas were Lake Louise/Sunshine Village or Sun Valley....Right now, the Taos option seems to be the most economical.

• March - Epic Gathering in Whistler March 5-11

• April - ??? ...Might claim my Squaw/Alpine days here and maybe sneak back to Mammoth

I'm on the East Coast, so makes sense to claim my 2 days at Stowe. Not sure where they will fit in. Perhaps somewhere between Feb-March.

Anyway, curious to see how others are using their passes and possibly a few meet-ups can be arranged. My personal goal is at least 22 ski days this year.

-Kara

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is my second year w/the MCP..
I'll be going to Alta this Wednesday!!
then over to Snowmass/Aspen for Diva West
I am going to Taos but prior to your dates in Feb-
End of Feb I'll be at Diva East at Stowe.
Whistler and Revelstoke are my March trips (not w/Epic)

If I could I'd love to go back to Sun Valley and hit Jackson Hole or venture to Mammoth in the Spring. The MCP is a great way to experience Mts at a low cost for sure!

alison wong

Angel Diva
My 2nd year w/ MCP also. I live in Northern VA. I plan to use MCP w/ 1) WB, 2) LL & SSV in Banff, and 3) Alta/snowbird.

@kasuncion6 - I will see you in WB for the Epic gathering. Will only ski 3 days @ WB, then I will be heading to Banff (on MCP also).

In early April, I plan to go to Alta/Snowbird, likely will meet up with @marzNC 's group like I did last year....

Stowe is on MCP and I live in east coast, but I don't have plans to go there. Stowe just don't have a strong appeal to me. I prefer K'ton.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
...In early April, I plan to go to Alta/Snowbird, likely will meet up with @marzNC 's group like I did last year...

Huh, what weekend is Snowbird/Alta planned for? I haven't been in a few years and really want to use those MCP days. That timeframe is about right for me.

alison wong

Angel Diva
To my knowledge, @marzNC will be there from April 5-14. I think many of her ski friends will be there April 5-9.
It was really fun to ski w/ her group, that's why I decided to go back this year.

I tentatively plan to be there ~April 6 to 10 (?). I haven't book anything yet. I may stay at Snowpine (eligible for 20% off on lodging for MCP holders) or at one of the lodges at Snowbird (my friend got me a 1 wk stay at Iron Blossom last April for $219 the whole wk) if she can find something cheap this year.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Huh, what weekend is Snowbird/Alta planned for? I haven't been in a few years and really want to use those MCP days. That timeframe is about right for me.
It's not a Diva weekend particularly. I'm meeting up with my friends at Alta Lodge per usual for a late season alumni event for my school in the Adirondacks. My ski buddy, Bill, is also a North Country School alum, as is my daughter as of 2016.

I'll be at Alta Lodge April 5-14 for 2017. Unless I extend a day or two to catch a snowstorm. :smile:

Last year, Alison happened to be staying at Snowbird for the first time when my alumni friends were around. So she met up with us at Alta several times. There were also folks from other ski forums who were around for a few days during my stay last year. It's a pretty popular time for late season.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
funny, I just got an ad about the MCP and I was wondering, Who can use this pass? People with private jets? Then I dreamed for a moment, if only I had my own jet...then I was snapped out of my little fantasy world to feed one of the kids.

How do you all do it? Kara, where do you live? Are you getting decent priced flights or can I hop on your jet?? I am excellent company!

Christy

Angel Diva
funny, I just got an ad about the MCP and I was wondering, Who can use this pass? People with private jets? Then I dreamed for a moment, if only I had my own jet...then I was snapped out of my little fantasy world to feed one of the kids.

How do you all do it? Kara, where do you live? Are you getting decent priced flights or can I hop on your jet?? I am excellent company!

I think you only need to ski seven days to make the pass worth it. That's just one real vacation or a couple long weekends, so you don't need your own private jet for that. We'll break even on ours with the two Sun Valley trips we would've taken anyway plus a couple days in Whistler (which we can drive to).

I was thinking we would also do weekends in Banff and at Alta--those are both places we can easily and inexpensively get to from Seattle. But since we haven't done any planning and we have some work and family stuff going on, that's looking less likely.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The pass is a great deal!! The prob is, I am in NJ, so the resorts are all flights away, except Stowe. If hubby skied, I'd prob be able to do it because we'd take trips and plan vacations that way, but he doesn't, so It'd be tough for me to do.

marzNC

Angel Diva

In general, most of the people I know who get the MCP can plan to use it at least two places. Buying early means getting 5 days for the base price, which mean far less than any other discount available for the destination resorts on the MCP list. Most of them have daily window prices well above $120 at this point. Since additional days are 50%, that's also less than other discount possibilities.

Can be two trips or one trip that is just long enough to cover two destinations. For instance, a friend in DC covered Mammoth and Squaw/Alpine for a late season trip to visit a friend in LA. Flying to SLC, it's possible to hit JH and Alta/Snowbird, or Sun Valley and JH in the same week. Last year two friends who are still working did Alta/Snowbird and Aspen during a 1-week ski trip, flying into SLC and home from ASE near Aspen.

I fly Southwest for trips out west. If timed right, airfares from RDU can be $300-400 to the Rockies.

The MCP is not for everyone. But for those who want to ski the premier destination resorts on the list, it can be worth considering.

The MAX Pass has become a pretty competitive multi-resort pass. 5 days at 39 different places, including quite a few in the northeast, Big Sky, Crested Butte, Solitude, and Brighton.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
LOVE my MaxPass - 2nd year having it. This year I have skied a day at Loon, two at Sunday River, and one at Killington, plus we have a family trip to Big Sky in Feb and I will use all 5 there; I live very close to Wachusett and can easily use my 5 there as well. Paid for itself+. Trying to scheme how to use my Brighton days since flights are so reasonable and we may have lodging covered as well....I fear though that DD's soccer season may interfere.

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
never heard of the Max pass..will look that up. I'd love to do the MCP one day..maybe when the kids are older and I can take multiple trips..Or maybe one can go to college in CO, one in CA, and on in NM :smile:

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a Southwest credit card so I fly on "points" to SLCity.. I paid $11.20 for a flight.. so I think I have to go..lol..

From SLC on the MCP you can hit several Mts within a day's drive (alta is about 35-40Minutes!!)

I am flying out of Aspen on the way home so that was $$ but going to Taos is SW. Going to Whistler will be $$ but again I get credit cards that give me free bag (s) and other discounts. It can be done and I'm self employed so I can only yell at myself for missing work :-)

several I ski w/have DH's that don't ski- (my doesn't this is why I love this forum I've found women friends to go places w/share hotel or condos-

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This thread is great, wasn't there another like it?

I have my 3 days in Aspen at Diva West and then will be in Banff Feb 22-26 to use two days there. I live in San Diego so plan on another 2 days at Mammoth after I get back from Canada, probably in March. I'd love to squeeze in another mountain but am not sure it will work with my schedule this winter. Maybe I can swing Taos Feb.11-17 or the Epic Gathering in Whistler March 5-11 @kasuncion6 or maybe even Alta April 5-14. I need to get through my crazy January and then think about it. I'd love to have some other Divas to do it with,

veronicarella

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love everything about this thread! I've been planning my winter months around where MCP can take me since the 2nd year of the inception of MCP, and my non-sking friends just don't get it. It's like "See you in the Spring!"

I'll be at Diva West. I'd love to see if I can swing Taos Feb 11-17, Whistler March 5-11 & Alta in April too! Any interest in organizing accom together?

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just checked my schedule and I probably can't do the feb Taos but maybe could do something in whistler during that week. April is totally open and that is probably the most chance I'd make it. Let's talk more about it in Aspen. So excited!!!!!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mountain Collective Pass holders: Mammoth/June received an epic amount of snow and is expecting even more. There will be skiing into April, May, June, July....

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mountain Collective Pass holders: Mammoth/June received an epic amount of snow and is expecting even more. There will be skiing into April, May, June, July....

Ooooohhhh. Might just have to take advantage of this!!! May sounds delightful.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly