• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What does you home resort look like in summer?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
There is something for everyone at both those mountains. Plenty for intermediates. But even more for advanced. The bowls are not groomed (or weren't when I was there) and black but not that steep. First thing I thought when skiing there is that is reminds me a bit of skiing in Europe. The views. Skiing in Europe is like nothing I've ever done in the US or Canada.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
:banana::banana::banana:

That is an amazing deal for a week of skiing here – especially including airfare! OMG – I don't think it's possible to get a better deal than that. I would definitely take it @surfsnowgirl . The airfare alone is often about $800. And yes – it's totally beautiful, and I would be thrilled to ski and hang out with you! There are some amazing amazing runs here, you won't be disappointed. There's lots of everything – steep long wide, on the grooms, big fluffy soft bumps, and beautiful scenery! I think you would like both Louise and sunshine Village, but especially Louise – I know a lot of East Coast skier say that it is a style of mountain they are more accustomed to. That really – part of the amazing experience here, of course, is skiing in the alpine and the bowls! Definitely definitely let me know if you find yourself in these parts! That is a hell of a deal! You will definitely be hard pressed to find something like it.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Yes @santacruz skier - The bowls are not groomed, however, Louise has two runs in the back bowls that are groomed - a blue and a green - and sunshine has one black groomed run in a bowl when it hasn't snowed for a week or more. Sunshine has another ball area to that is mostly blue ungroomed.

:banana::banana::banana:

That is an amazing deal for a week of skiing here – especially including airfare! OMG – I don't think it's possible to get a better deal than that. I would definitely take it @surfsnowgirl . The airfare alone is often about $800. And yes – it's totally beautiful, and I would be thrilled to ski and hang out with you! There are some amazing amazing runs here, you won't be disappointed. There's lots of everything – steep long wide, on the grooms, big fluffy soft bumps, and beautiful scenery! I think you would like both Louise and sunshine Village, but especially Louise – I know a lot of East Coast skier say that it is a style of mountain they are more accustomed to. That really – part of the amazing experience here, of course, is skiing in the alpine and the bowls! Definitely definitely let me know if you find yourself in these parts! That is a hell of a deal! You will definitely be hard pressed to find something like it.

I didn't even mention I wanted to to go on this trip to DH because I thought we're still coming off our expensive UK trip he's not going to want to talk about this trip. He just emailed me asking if he should take the week off for this trip. Well hell I guess he saw the ski bears email and is excited about it too. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I want to go so I'll talk to him about signing up soon. We just need to give a deposit sooner than later as I'm thinking this trip will sell out. Thanks for the confirmation that it was a great deal. I thought it was amazing deal and with airfare, lodging, food and a week of skiing. Wowza. I'm psyched.

I will absolutely let you know if we go (I sooo want to).

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I didn't even mention I wanted to to go on this trip to DH because I thought we're still coming off our expensive UK trip he's not going to want to talk about this trip. He just emailed me asking if he should take the week off for this trip. Well hell I guess he saw the ski bears email and is excited about it too. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

I want to go so I'll talk to him about signing up soon. We just need to give a deposit sooner than later as I'm thinking this trip will sell out. Thanks for the confirmation that it was a great deal. I thought it was amazing deal and with airfare, lodging, food and a week of skiing. Wowza. I'm psyched.

I will absolutely let you know if we go (I sooo want to).

DO IT!!!! :snow:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes @santacruz skier - The bowls are not groomed, however, Louise has two runs in the back bowls that are groomed - a blue and a green - and sunshine has one black groomed run in a bowl when it hasn't snowed for a week or more. Sunshine has another ball area to that is mostly blue ungroomed.
Such a beautiful place. One day it was blowing so hard and really cold so my friend and I rented cross country skis (first time for me) and skied across Lake Louise! I was in awe of the beauty.

We are doing the trip. Talked to DH tonight and we are both in. Just need to go to the next ski club meeting and put the deposit down. Thats not for 2 weeks though so in the meantime i am going to email Luis the trip leader and see if we can email him the form. Likely headed to quebec over MLK weekend and then Banff the end of February. 2017 Canadian double ski trip, yeah.

:ski2:

DO IT!!!! :snow:

We are booked for the trip. I knew this would be a popular trip so I emailed the trip leader and asked if we could bring our form to the meeting on August 16th. He said there are only 7 spots left and he doesn't think they'll be available next week let alone on the 16th.

Panic mode, filled out form and sent it in.

We are skiing Banff/Lake Louse February 25-3/4 2017. Wooh hooh......................

I should probably start the trip report now and get the thread going :smile:

I am beyond excited, beyond excited.

I look forward to hanging out and skiing with you.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Yay! :ski:

Like @santacruz skier mentioned - you've also got to try some other activities (snowshoeing, xc skiing) while you're here - Lake Louise is super amazing for both.

Good luck on getting everything together - send me a copy of your itinerary once you have it, and looking forward to seeing you here! PM me if you have any question etc - end of Feb/beginning of March should be warmer than other parts of winter, but I'd also be more than happy to give some clothing suggestions via PM once the date gets closer. That time of year is when the snow really starts coming down - we get more snow in the latter part of the season than we do in the first half.

Yay! :ski:

Like @santacruz skier mentioned - you've also got to try some other activities (snowshoeing, xc skiing) while you're here - Lake Louise is super amazing for both.

Good luck on getting everything together - send me a copy of your itinerary once you have it, and looking forward to seeing you here! PM me if you have any question etc - end of Feb/beginning of March should be warmer than other parts of winter, but I'd also be more than happy to give some clothing suggestions via PM once the date gets closer. That time of year is when the snow really starts coming down - we get more snow in the latter part of the season than we do in the first half.

Thank you. We're on the roster now so it's just a matter of paying up the trip by December but the ski club makes all the arrangements so it's easy peazy.

I definitely want to try snow shoeing and xc and there would be a great place to do it. We get 5 ski days so we'll have to plan everything out to make sure we get to try other things too.

I will PM you my itinerary once I have the details. I can't wait to get there and will pm you with questions as the date gets closer. I think I'm going to put myself in a lesson the first day of skiing. We are each bringing one pair of skis. Either Kenjas or 90Eights. Trying to decide if we should get a sport tube or not, currently have a soft shell but very sturdy double bag. How important is a bag with wheels? Airline is Air Canada so if anyone knows any specifics with them that would be fabulous.

I've already signed up for snow reports and all things banff. This is my first fly to ski somewhere trip.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I thinking picking skis will probably be left best until the week before :smile:

We have a soft shell bag that has served us well for car/bus transport. But it's a double bag and I know that I wouldn't ever do a double bag again - it's too lumpy and awkward. If I had to do a bag, I'd do 2 singles for a soft sided bag. I haven't had any experiences with hard-sided ones. I know divas love their sportubes - and I'm sure that a hard sided one is a better option. Maybe ask your ski club and see what they recommend? And there's a host of info on this site about ski bags :smile:

I thinking picking skis will probably be left best until the week before :smile:

We have a soft shell bag that has served us well for car/bus transport. But it's a double bag and I know that I wouldn't ever do a double bag again - it's too lumpy and awkward. If I had to do a bag, I'd do 2 singles for a soft sided bag. I haven't had any experiences with hard-sided ones. I know divas love their sportubes - and I'm sure that a hard sided one is a better option. Maybe ask your ski club and see what they recommend? And there's a host of info on this site about ski bags :smile:

Thanks. Yeah ski thought is out of my head until the week before the trip. All our other trips are by car but I don't want to hurt our skis traveling across the country. Maybe a single sport tube each is the way to go. However, I've got several months to figure that out.

Time to peruse some threads on ski bags on this site :smile:

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks. Yeah ski thought is out of my head until the week before the trip. All our other trips are by car but I don't want to hurt our skis traveling across the country. Maybe a single sport tube each is the way to go. However, I've got several months to figure that out.

Time to peruse some threads on ski bags on this site :smile:

My skis travel with me and have been to Europe several times(about 7) and Japan.I've always used a double sportube with all my other gear in it too.Goggles and a set of ski clothes go in my cabin bag.So far my skis have been undamaged even though the sportube is starting to look a little worse for wear.It will travel with me to Vail,Beaver Creek,Breck,Keystone and A Basin in Feb too. I honestly think they are so worth it.Your trip looks awesome.Everyone who goes to Lake Louise is awed by its beauty.One day maybe...

My skis travel with me and have been to Europe several times(about 7) and Japan.I've always used a double sportube with all my other gear in it too.Goggles and a set of ski clothes go in my cabin bag.So far my skis have been undamaged even though the sportube is starting to look a little worse for wear.It will travel with me to Vail,Beaver Creek,Breck,Keystone and A Basin in Feb too. I honestly think they are so worth it.Your trip looks awesome.Everyone who goes to Lake Louise is awed by its beauty.One day maybe...

I am very excited. My boss just okay'd my time off too double wooh hoo :smile:. I'd feel better with a sport tube. I did have a thought of just demoing there and not bringing skis but I'm tired of demoing, want to ski my own skis. Besides for what it'll cost me to rent skis for 5 days will be the cost of a sport tube so....... It looks so beautiful there. The deal sealer was my friends were just there on an RV trip, just looked stunning.

Your trip in February sounds fabulous also. I need to start looking for conferences in ski country, mine are always in warm places like Miami :(

Last edited:

W8N2SKI

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You MUST go @surfsnowgirl. Jaw-dropping gorgeous. I've skied there 3 times (also w/my club) and would go back in a heartbeat. And do take the poma lift at LL (I assume it is still there??). The views and the terrain are amazing.

You also must check out the Banff Springs and the Chateau. Gawd, I love those hotels.

Last edited:

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you're a teacher, August is "the long Sunday," and it's almost time to leave beautiful Vermont and get back to the classroom. I've been hiking and biking and finding myself at or near ski areas all summer. Here are a few pictures from Pico, Ascutney, and Storrs Hill:

upload_2016-8-5_9-10-36.png
Top of Pico Peak
upload_2016-8-5_9-15-9.png
Ascutney

upload_2016-8-5_9-15-51.png
Storrs Hill Ski Area
This is a small, volunteer-run area right next to downtown Lebanon, NH focused on ski jump training.

You MUST go @surfsnowgirl. Jaw-dropping gorgeous. I've skied there 3 times (also w/my club) and would go back in a heartbeat. And do take the poma lift at LL (I assume it is still there??). The views and the terrain are amazing.

You also must check out the Banff Springs and the Chateau. Gawd, I love those hotels.

We are definitely going, confirmed with the trip organizer. He got my form yesterday and we're set. Yay for ski clubs, they make these ski trips certainly affordable. They haven't announced it but they're likely going to quebec over MLK weekend so we'll go on that one also. We won't have a car in Banff but we'll check out whatever we can. Our friend Tracey wanted to go to the UK again next summer but I told her we can do the UK every other year cause next year I'm going on a ski trip out west and also spending almost 2 weeks in California and Northern Arizona and mama only has so much vacation time :smile:

I am afraid I'll find Banff so beautiful I'll never want to leave ha ha

@SallyCat gorgeous vermont pictures. I love all the green. Love the ski jump in the last picture. I am fascinated by those.

Last edited:
Going to check out Mount Sunapee saturday. Hanging with DH's family in New Hampshire and they are headed to a craft show at Sunapee. I have no interest in crafts but have a lot of interest in ski resorts. We're going with them. They have some nice hiking trails, mini golf, disc golf and a whole arrange of summer stuff going on. Hopefully it won't be too hot so we can enjoy the outside a little bit.

Will also have to look into skiing here. Their trail map is fabulously filled with blues, probably most of the mountain. That's my kind of place.

Last edited:

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@surfsnowgirl I was at Sunapee this Tuesday, and they have a fantastic bike park that I highly recommend! It manages to be both beginner-friendly and also very interesting and fun for progressing riders who want a manageable challenge. There are just five trails, but there is quite a variety in trail type. Their new trail, "Half Pipe" is a non-technical bermy, flowy, blast, but they also have an intermediate trail (Sidewinder) with some interesting technical features, both natural and man-made. I spent four hours there and was really bummed when my pass expired because I could have stayed all day. They rent DH bikes, but any full-suspension trail bike would be more than sufficient for the trails.

I love the overall vibe at Burke Mountain the best of all the bike parks I've been to this summer, and it is wicked fun to watch the riders hit the walls and jumps, but I can only really ride two of the trails there (granted, they are awesome trails). Sunapee is my fav for the sheer variety of trail types available to progressing beginners.

@surfsnowgirl I was at Sunapee this Tuesday, and they have a fantastic bike park that I highly recommend! It manages to be both beginner-friendly and also very interesting and fun for progressing riders who want a manageable challenge. There are just five trails, but there is quite a variety in trail type. Their new trail, "Half Pipe" is a non-technical bermy, flowy, blast, but they also have an intermediate trail (Sidewinder) with some interesting technical features, both natural and man-made. I spent four hours there and was really bummed when my pass expired because I could have stayed all day. They rent DH bikes, but any full-suspension trail bike would be more than sufficient for the trails.

I love the overall vibe at Burke Mountain the best of all the bike parks I've been to this summer, and it is wicked fun to watch the riders hit the walls and jumps, but I can only really ride two of the trails there (granted, they are awesome trails). Sunapee is my fav for the sheer variety of trail types available to progressing beginners.

OMG thank you for this.

I was initially bummed about going to a craft fair but then when I realized where it was I just perked right up. :smile: Your posting sealed the deal. Looks like you can rent a bike and all gear with a 2 hour trail pass for $49. That's definitely an idea. I just watched a 2 minute video of the dirt serpent (green run) and that looks fun. I'd be very entertained there. :smile:

There's also mini golf, disc golf which I've always wanted to play. Maybe a chair ride up/hike down. Ok I'm excited. I still love the ocean coming from California and all but going to ski resorts in the summer has really got me going in the last few years. I'm becoming more and more of an all year mountain girl each year.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly