• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Golfing 2015

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Anyone else get out golfing yet this year? We've hit up the driving range twice now, and the chip and putt once. Signed myself up for Get Golf Ready again this year; took the class last year for the first time.

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
I really want to. I'm pretty bad at it though. the masters always gets you in the mood...finding the time is bigger issue. So much to do now that ski season has ended.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really want to. I'm pretty bad at it though. the masters always gets you in the mood...finding the time is bigger issue. So much to do now that ski season has ended.

If you can find a class near you, I HIGHLY recommend the Get Golf Ready program. It's 5 weeks of lessons (mine were 1.5 hrs each) and only $99. I don't believe you need your own equipment, but I did have my own clubs (a cheapo box Maxfli set that we had cut down an inch since I'm short). First week covered putting, second week was chipping/pitching, third and fourth I think were full swings on the driving range (irons and woods), and the final week we played 3 holes of golf with the instructor.

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
If you can find a class near you, I HIGHLY recommend the Get Golf Ready program. It's 5 weeks of lessons (mine were 1.5 hrs each) and only $99. I don't believe you need your own equipment, but I did have my own clubs (a cheapo box Maxfli set that we had cut down an inch since I'm short). First week covered putting, second week was chipping/pitching, third and fourth I think were full swings on the driving range (irons and woods), and the final week we played 3 holes of golf with the instructor.
Nearest class was almost 200 miles. Which, frankly I don't understand. A lot of golf courses here, including high profile PGA ones. :confused: I guess they have enough golfers? Anyway. I took lessons a few years ago with the kids. Might be time to go myself. Did you learn anything that gave you a light bulb moment?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nearest class was almost 200 miles. Which, frankly I don't understand. A lot of golf courses here, including high profile PGA ones. :confused: I guess they have enough golfers? Anyway. I took lessons a few years ago with the kids. Might be time to go myself. Did you learn anything that gave you a light bulb moment?

That's crazy. I guess I'm lucky in that the local country club offers 2-3 of these programs a year. No requirement to be a member at the club, either.

artistinsuburbia

Angel Diva
my son went golfing this weekend...I got to pull weeds, trim shrubs and take my mom to the er (long term illness, same old same old) At this rate, I'm not going to get much golfing in during the offseason.

But I am motivated to go and shopping for new shoes. DD is taking mine as they are a little snug on me. Really liked them (Ecco) but was wondering if anyone had any recommends...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Have you ever heard of EWGA? Organization for women who golf at any ability level, not just for experts. When I was learning, had a lot of fun with the Raleigh chapter. Looks like there is an active chapter in Pittsburgh.

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We went golfing once during opening weekend, and since then, we've been too busy when it's been nice out. We have been to the driving range a couple of times since then, but it's been horribly windy here.

SkiQT

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
But I am motivated to go and shopping for new shoes. DD is taking mine as they are a little snug on me. Really liked them (Ecco) but was wondering if anyone had any recommends...

I have worn Foot Joy and Ecco. Personally, I feel the Ecco have better support.

canski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have only used Ecco lately. Just bought the BIOM Hybrid (spikeless - just prickly nubs - sneakerlike) last week (got last years on big sale). They are SO comfortable. I really wanted the regular BIOM (spikes) (I'm a bit traditional) but the forefoot fit was a bit too narrow (confirmed as a bit more narrow than the Hybrid by the salesperson). So Hybrid had a better fit for me. Both were supremely supportive - the lower level Eccos are not the same level of support/comfort. I walk 90% of the time, so really need a supportive and comfortable shoe. The sales guys (2) raved about them - one preferred the spiked, the other preferred the spikeless. They are pricey, but I have always worn mine for many years. Had to get new ones only because when trying to replace my spikes last fall we could not get them out and the plastic parts were ripping off. Zappos has them if you can't get them locally, and they come in fun sole colors (I got the lime green - my signature color - and they even matched the socks I brought with me to try on).
Fit wise, on my size 6 - 7 foot, I bought the 36 - the 37 was just a tad too long and had a bit of heel lift. I wear a 22 boot (tight fit).
Haven't had them out on the course yet......but all reviews are excellent.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't play golf. I still have sex. :noidea:

Soujan

Angel Diva
I just started golfing last year. I can't get DH to play. He hates it and doesn't see the point. If any Divas on Long Island want to play, I am always looking for golfing buddies.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Much to my surprise, I've totally got into golf. Play a nearby 9-hole course once or twice a week. This is probably my third year of playing more or less regularly - I've done a few lessons. Had a great one recently with the pro at the driving range. I was alone so just asked him all the questions I had (how to use my driver more or less properly, how to make chip shots, etc.) I actually took notees, as well as photos of him, so it was great. I only play with people who are totally low key, who NEVER get angry, who laugh at a bad shot, and who are extremely supportive. And often as I struggle my way aroung the course, I remind myself that in a few months I'll be skiing - and that I'm a WAY better skier than golfer.

I love mini golf (I know that doesn't count) but given how distraught I usually am when ski season ends I am actually considering a little golf. Its a little exercise, would get me outside and would occupy my time a little bit. Who knows I might like it. I am a very good mini golfer so maybe I'll be a decent golfer lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly