• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Bootfitters by Region - USA - Western & Rocky Mountain Regions

mustski

Angel Diva
With SkiDiva's permission, I have taken the information from this thread:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/list-of-bootfitters-across-the-world.6375/
and organized it according to region. I excluded any recommendation that did not include personal experience. The original thread is still fully intact and includes all that information.

A bootfitting is not the same as "trying on boots." It is both a science and an art. To understand this better, go here:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/why-you-yes-you-need-a-boot-fitting.2075/

The purpose of this thread is to provide an easy reference for women looking for a qualified bootfitter in a particular area. I have referenced the diva(s) who recommended a particular bootfitter. For further information, you can send them a private message. There are a few bootfitters listed from the original posting. I believe that information came originally from Epic and is trustworthy.

If there are great bootfitters with whom you have had personal experience, please add them here using this format:
Bootfitter's Name:
Name of Shop:
Address of Shop:
Phone Number:
Email:

Additional Comments:

mustski

Angel Diva
Washington/Idaho

Alpine Pro Performance Co
9998 W. Gallop LanePost Falls, ID
(202) 818-7005
[email protected]

Spokane to Sandpoint
Diva Rec: Geargirl
Washington

Martin Rand
Sturtevants

1100 Bellevue Way NE
Bellevue, WA 98004
425-454-6465

Diva Rec: Kim Kircher
Chuck
McU Sports

2314 Bogus Basin Road, Boise Idaho
(208) 336-2300
https://www.mcusports.com/
Additional Comments: I don't know about the shop downtown, but the one on Bogus Basin Road. Any one of the team there and you're in good hands. If they are stumped, or your foot needs something a little extra, they get Chuck. Chuck's amazing, and he's got a great crew!

Diva Rec: Kano
Oregon

Don Svela, Custom Boot Fitting
Strolz Ski Boots Northwest

34116 Church Rd.
Warren, Oregon
503-577-3240
[email protected]
www.strolzskiboots.com

Tahoe Area

Bud Heishman
Snowind Sports

Grand Sierra Resort
2500 E. 2nd Street
Reno, NV 89595
(775) 323-9463
www.snowind.com
Jim Schaffner, Jim Fowler (Sierra Jim), Phil (Philpug)
The Start Haus

10990 Donner Pass Rd
Truckee, CA 96161
(530) 582-5781
www.starhaus.com
Additional Comments: Start Haus has three boot fitters that made the nations top 10 list two years in a row. They have a full staff of bootfitters on and a crazy busy boot bench beginning in September through the winter.
Call if you want an apt with someone specific, or stop in and see who you get. All of them are great fitters, some with certain expertise (recreational, race, backcountry, tele, ...)

Diva Rec: SnowHot
Los Angeles

Claude Swonger, Master Bootfit certified
Ski Net Sports

11378 Ventura Blvd, Studio City, Ca
(818) 505- 1294
www.skinetsports.com

Additional Comments: Just got new boots with custom footbeds. He schedules only one fitting per two hour window, so you get his complete attention. (skithesierras)
I am thrilled with his attention to detail. He has an “if you don’t love it, you don’t own it” 12 month guarantee. On the first fitting, he spent an hour on assessment and measurements, fitted me in a boot I love, molded intuition liners, and made custom orthatics. I skied them for about 8 days, then went back for tweak. Claude couldn’t have been nicer! He took his time, adjusted the orthotics, fixed my heel slop, and now the fit is great. (mustski)

Diva rec: mustski, skithesierras, owl
Mammoth Lakes

Corty or Kevin
Footloose Sports

3043 Main Street, Mammoth Lakes
(760) 934-2400www.footloosesports.com
Additional Comments: Go during the middle of the day on a weekday for the best service. A major bonus there is you can DEMO their boots with the rental amount going towards the purchase of boots if you do buy some. Try to see Corty or Kevin, who is a pedorthist. (Contesstant)

Diva Rec: contestant, skibum4ever

Jim Lindsey
BOOTech,Inc.

Highlands Center
Aspen Colorado
970 429 3272
https://www.bootech.net/pages/home.html
Greg Hoffmann
Ski Boot fitting,Inc.

Lionshead Circle and Skier Enhancement Center
Vail, Colorado
802-379-1014
[email protected]
www.skibootfitting.com
Jeff Bergeron
Boot Fixation

127 S. Main, Breckenridge, CO
https://bootfixation.com/
Eric Ward
The Foot Foundation

PO Box 2574
Aspen, Co. 81612
www.footfoundation.com
[email protected]
David MacMillan C.Ped
Best Fit Boots @ Paragon Sports

560 Mountain Village Blvd.
Telluride Mountain Village 81435
970-728-0992 shop
970-729-0262 cell
[email protected]
bestfitboots.com
Larry Houchen
Larry's Bootfitting

2709 Spruce Street
Boulder, CO 80302
303-402-6733
https://larrysbootfitting.com/
Additional Comments: Larry Houchen has over 25 years of boot fitting experience from top Olympic athletes to the casual skier. Larry's Boot Fitting has been recognized in Ski Magazine, Skiing Magazine, Rocky Mountain News, 5280 Magazine, Ski Racing Magazine, and The Boulder Daily Camera as THE shop for boots and boot fitting. People from all over the country come to Boulder, Colorado to see Larry for a custom fit. (Lucine)
Diva Rec: Lucine, Mollmeister
John
One Stop Ski Shop

35 11th St
Steamboat Springs, CO. 80487
877-754-7474
www.onestopskishop.net
Additional comments: John owns the place and per his website, they have "a trillion years" of experience. Quite a cheeky bunch. My husband and me purchased boots last year and it made so much difference in our skiing. (SkiBee)

Trillion years could be close! They tweaked and modified my boots in 1988! Ditto DS. That's 22 years ago. (MSL)
Diva Rec: SkiBee, MaineSkiLady
Ollie
Boot Doctors

650 Mountain Village, Telluride, CO
(970) 728-8954
www.bootdoctors.com
Additional Comments: Robbie and Ollie…can't recommend them highly enough for ALL gear. Ollie works the US season as well and BOTH are qualified fitters. If you Do go to Ollie, tell him an Aussie Ski Diva sent you. He MAY recall me as I came into Ajay's all the time.

Diva Rec: Anna
Podium Sports Group
720 Main St

Frisco CO 80443 (Right below Backcountry Brewery)
970-668-9996
www.podiumsportsgroup.com
Additional Comments: The manager Brian Eggleton did my initial shell fit, we ordered the proper flex model and then Mike did the remaining fitting including punches and custom foot bed. Both are awesome. (Robyn)

Diva Rec: Robyn
Jack Rafferty, MasterFit University Bootfitter
Aspen Sports

Snowmass Mall
Snowmass Village
CO 81615
(970) 618-2530
https://www.bootfitters.com/shops/thotic-shops-snowmass
Additional Comments: Jack Rafferty is their Certified Pedorthist (Ball State). He does a fabulous job.

Diva Rec: SkiNana

Sue Booker, Master Bootfitter & Trina (also excellent)
Loveland Ski Area

Exit 216 Interstate 70
Georgetown, CO 80444
303-569-3203 ext 117 (upstairs sports shop)
Additional Comments: Trina and Sue fixed my boots and greatly improved them, and I now have the footbeds that I knew I needed. An added bonus is being able to have tweaks made through the day, as the sports shop is maybe fifty steps from the end of the two main runs. (If you're going to do this, I'd suggest going on a weekday so you can be seen pretty quickly when you come back in. They get busy on weekends.)

Diva Rec: Alice H​

Last edited by a moderator:

mustski

Angel Diva
Daleboot​
2660 S 300 W Salt Lake City, UT
(801) 487-3649
https://www.dalebootusa.com/

Earl Middlemass
The Sport Loft​
4678 S. Highland Drive, Holladay, UT, 84117
(801) 272-3701
www.thesportloft.com
Additional Comments: I'd recommend Earl for anyone who wants an even better fit than a normal fitter could give you. But if you have any anatomical or mechanical weirdness or unevenness, this kind of fit is what you want in order to ski the best you can, and Earl is that kind of fitter. (litterbug)

Earl has been in this game for over 30 years and his son Jeremy rocks. All over the world they come and I am grateful to know them and benefit from their expertise. (dloveski)

Diva Rec: Litterbug, dloveski​

John Feig
Canyon Sport Therapy​
6069 Highland Drive, Holladay, UT 84121
(801) 944-1209

Diva Rec: Litterbug​

Stephanie
Deep Powder House​
Adjacent to Alta Lodge
(801) 742-2400
Wasatch Powder House
3138 E 6200 S, Salt Lake City, UT
(801) 987-3005
www.powderhouseskishop.com
Additional Comments: Thumbs up for the boot folks at the Deep Powder House, especially Stephanie, their hard goods buyer! They have 3 locations at Alta, which is perfect for getting and trying adjustments.

Diva Rec: VASkier

___________________________________________________________________________​
Wyoming

Stephen McDonald
Jackson Hole Sports​
Base of Bridger Goldola
Jackson Hole, Wyoming 83001
307.413.5745 (c)​
____________________________________________________________________​
Montana
(406) 727-3955
https://www.skiersedgeproshop.com/
Diva Rec: B.E.G.​

____________________________________________________________________​
New Mexico

Taos Ski Valley
Sutton Place at the Base of the Ski Area
(575) 776-2489

Additional Comments: Boot Doctor in Taos Ski Valley. Outstanding and they stand behind everything that they do. Highly recommended. (Taos Blonde)

My husband had boots fitted at the Taos Bootdoctors. He broke his leg 6 years ago and has a residual lump left over from the surgical repair. He's never needed to have the adjustment tweaked. (skatha)

Diva Rec: Taos Blonde, Skatha

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is great!!! Thanks for doing it! I saw a Bear posted on Epic he was looking for a bootfitter in Ogden. I'm hoping Mary chimes in with the one she uses up there--I can't recall who it is!

mustski

Angel Diva
This is great!!! Thanks for doing it! I saw a Bear posted on Epic he was looking for a bootfitter in Ogden. I'm hoping Mary chimes in with the one she uses up there--I can't recall who it is!
I don't recall the name either. Send her a pm and ask.

Christy

Angel Diva
Mustski, how old is the (WA) Martin Rand info? He moved from Sturtevent's to Crystal Mountain a couple years ago, unless he just moved back.

Washington
Jim Mates
Custom Boot Service

6500 4th Ave NW, Seattle, WA 98117
https://www.custombootservice.com/
[email protected]

Jim is a one man show who operates his shop out of the basement of his house in Ballard. You need to make an appointment (be prepared to have to wait several weeks if you are trying to get a weekend appt during ski season). Most people consider him to be the best in the Seattle area.

mustski

Angel Diva
Another update. I contacted the Telluride Bootdoctors to check on "Ollie the wonder bootfitter" and ...alas... he is remaining in Australia these days. They are known for their bootfitters either way though.

gardenmary

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here's my bootfitter's info:

Bootfitter's Name: Josh (sorry, don't know his last name - he is one of the owners)
Name of Shop: Diamond Peak Sports
Address of Shop: 2429 N Highway 158, Eden, UT 84310
Phone Number: 801-745-0101
Email: [email protected]

Additional Comments: Josh is a certified pedorthist - he makes orthotics. So he gets it when it comes to fit issues. He is very thorough, and made changes in my boots that completely changed the way I ski. My DS needed new boots last year, and Josh recommended boots based on his foot structure - NOT necessarily what DS was looking at! Plus, he was very good about staying within our budget. I could see marked improvement in DS' skiing, and he was already at expert level. The whole second floor of the shop is a sale area - don't miss it! Note: this is in the Ogden Valley, above Ogden. Very handy if you are staying in the valley (i.e. Moose Hollow, Lakeside, etc.).

JulieT

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for posting this info! I'm looking for a bootfitter in the Seattle area and this was really helpful :-)

Rosebee

Diva in Training
Oregon
Bootfitter's Name: Svein Berg (there are others there too)
Name of Shop: Berg's Ski & Snowboard Shop
Address of Shop: 367 W 13th Ave, Eugene Oregon 97401
Phone: 541-683-1300
Email: Website contact page is here

Also see the shop's ski boot fitting videos: Ski Boot Fitting 101 videos
and

I haven't been in yet myself (except for XC when I was young), as my husband wants me to get through a season uninjured before buying my own boots.

Rosebee

Diva in Training
I'm no bootfitter but I think not having your own boots may be a factor in why you can't get through a season uninjured.
Yes, that could be part of it, but I've only ever tried to learn once before when I was out of shape & lacked the much of the core balance/stability muscles so necessary for skiing.

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
With SkiDiva's permission, I have taken the information from this thread:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/list-of-bootfitters-across-the-world.6375/
and organized it according to region. I excluded any recommendation that did not include personal experience. The original thread is still fully intact and includes all that information.

A bootfitting is not the same as "trying on boots." It is both a science and an art. To understand this better, go here:
https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/why-you-yes-you-need-a-boot-fitting.2075/

The purpose of this thread is to provide an easy reference for women looking for a qualified bootfitter in a particular area. I have referenced the diva(s) who recommended a particular bootfitter. For further information, you can send them a private message. There are a few bootfitters listed from the original posting. I believe that information came originally from Epic and is trustworthy.

If there are great bootfitters with whom you have had personal experience, please add them here using this format:
Bootfitter's Name:Greg Whitehouse and staff
Name of Shop: California Ski Company
Address of Shop: 843 Gilman Street Berkeley, Cal. 94710
Phone Number: 510 527-6411
Email:

Additional Comments:
A VERY small shop with awesome bootfitters. Drive the street slowly, or you'll miss it!

mustski

Angel Diva
CALIFORNIA

Bootfitter's Name:Greg Whitehouse and staff
Name of Shop: California Ski Company
Address of Shop: 843 Gilman Street Berkeley, Cal. 94710
Phone Number: 510 527-6411
Additional Comments:
A VERY small shop with awesome bootfitters. Drive the street slowly, or you'll miss it!

Diva Rec: Badger

Rainbow Jenny

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Agree with all of the above comments about Claude in Studio City. I met him yesterday, and he certainly lives up to his reputation I've heard and read from multiple sources. Everyone in the shop was super nice and helpful. Gary gave me some great tips about waxing my own skis which I plan to start doing this season.

BitchHound

Certified Ski Diva
Daleboot

(801) 487-3649
Earl Middlemass
The Sport Loft

(801) 272-3701
www.thesportloft.com
Additional Comments: I'd recommend Earl for anyone who wants an even better fit than a normal fitter could give you. But if you have any anatomical or mechanical weirdness or unevenness, this kind of fit is what you want in order to ski the best you can, and Earl is that kind of fitter. (litterbug)

Earl has been in this game for over 30 years and his son Jeremy rocks. All over the world they come and I am grateful to know them and benefit from their expertise. (dloveski)

Diva Rec: Litterbug, dloveski
John Feig
Canyon Sport Therapy

(801) 944-1209

Diva Rec: Litterbug
Stephanie
Deep Powder House

Adjacent to Alta Lodge
(801) 742-2400
Wasatch Powder House
(801) 987-3005
Additional Comments: Thumbs up for the boot folks at the Deep Powder House, especially Stephanie, their hard goods buyer! They have 3 locations at Alta, which is perfect for getting and trying adjustments.

Stephen McDonald
Jackson Hole Sports

Base of Bridger Goldola
307.413.5745 (c)
1510 9th Street South

Great Falls, MT 59405-4506
(406) 727-3955
Diva Rec: B.E.G.

Taos Ski Valley
(575) 776-2489

Additional Comments: Boot Doctor in Taos Ski Valley. Outstanding and they stand behind everything that they do. Highly recommended. (Taos Blonde)

My husband had boots fitted at the Taos Bootdoctors. He broke his leg 6 years ago and has a residual lump left over from the surgical repair. He's never needed to have the adjustment tweaked. (skatha)

Daleboot

(801) 487-3649
Earl Middlemass
The Sport Loft

(801) 272-3701
www.thesportloft.com

Diva Rec: Litterbug, dloveski
John Feig
Canyon Sport Therapy

(801) 944-1209

Diva Rec: Litterbug
Stephanie
Deep Powder House

Adjacent to Alta Lodge
(801) 742-2400
Wasatch Powder House
(801) 987-3005

Stephen McDonald
Jackson Hole Sports

Base of Bridger Goldola
307.413.5745 (c)
1510 9th Street South

Great Falls, MT 59405-4506
(406) 727-3955
Diva Rec: B.E.G.

Taos Ski Valley
(575) 776-2489

Second the Bootdoctor recommendation. Excellent boot fitters that seem to do free adjustements forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly