• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

List of Bootfitters Across the World

skatha

Certified Ski Diva
Cautionary tale...

My beloved Salomon boots went missing on a trip to UT in February. I got a tip about a bootfitter in Winter Park, CO, where we normally spend spring break. It was for LeFeet Lab.
I got fitted for orthotics-which I need because of my reconstructed ankle...then I was told that I needed to wear 24.5 boots because the orthotics would make my "feet shorter". My previous snowboarding hardboots and my previous skiboots were both 25.5, with orthotics.
The 24.5 boots they pulled out looked used with chrome having been worn off on all the buckles. Once the insoles had been molded, I sat there with pinched and crushed toes thinking how much my feet were going to hurt once they were pointing downhill on skis and swollen from a day of skiing. I also watched two other people come in to have further adjustments to their boots while I was there. It took alot to say "No" about the boots and, believe me, they did pressure me to buy...

My husband had boots fitted at the Taos Bootdoctors. He broke his leg 6 years ago and has a residual lump left over from the surgical repair. He's never needed to have the adjustment tweaked

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
junedog, I don't know any bootfitters around NYC, but I'd recommend Gary @ Startingate in Bondville, VT (Stratton). Also, Carol & Peter @ Basin in Killington are good. I've had experience with both, more tweaking experience with Gary, and have been quite happy with them.

junedog

Angel Diva
Thank you so much...if I'm lucky, I can try to head up their way this weekend and squeeze in one more day on the slopes!

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
New Hampshire:

Recommended by MSL on page 1 of this thread:
Profile Orthotic Center
296 South Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 491-4917

www.profileorthoticcenter.com
[email protected]

Second place with good recommendations:
Richelson's Feet First
Exit 26 off I93
7 Town West
Plymouth NH 03264
(603) 536-3338

Richelson's website says they also have locations in Bow (suburb of Concord) and Wolfeboro, NH. I do not know if the second and third locations do bootfitting.

https://www.myfeetfirst.com/

suzyq40

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I recommend Bumps in Elsternwick Victoria, Australia.

Any of the boot fitters are all trained, and very good at what they do.

Contact details
BUMPS SKI & SURF PTY LTD

465 Glenhuntly Rd.
ELSTERNWICK Vic. 3185
Australia

Tel: 61 3 9528 2701
Fax: 61 3 9528 4739
[email protected]

Opening Hours

Summer:

Mon-Thurs 9-6
Fri 9-7 Later by
Appointment
Sat 9-5
Sun 11-5

Winter:

From mid June

Mon-Wed 9-6
Thurs-Fri 9-9
Sat 9-5
Sun 10-5

Closed on Public Holidays.

junedog

Angel Diva
Happy Ending/Stowe Vermont

Thanks to all of the knowledgeable SkiDivas on this topic, I finally got my boots properly fitted at Inner Bootworks, Mountain Road, Stowe, Vermont. They were amazing and ended my season of boot doubt and trouble.

I just wish it would snow already!

canadianbelle

Certified Ski Diva
I'd like to throw in one more recommendation for those in Whistler, BC, Canada.

Fanatyk Co. is the way to go for bootfitting.
4433 Sundial Place #6 Whistler, BC V0N 1B4
(604) 938-9455

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No mention yet of McU Sports in Boise, Idaho -- I don't know about the shop downtown, but the one on Bogus Basin Road. Any one of the team there and you're in good hands. If they are stumped, or your foot needs something a little extra, they get Chuck.

Chuck's amazing, and he's got a great crew!

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Northern Utah Bootfitters

I went to an orthopedist today (no surgery needed) who gave me tips for ski boot fitting and his list entitled "Ski Boot and Foot Bed Wizards." I figure it's worth passing on because the first three listed below have been highly recommended here and elsewhere.

Sport Loft (Earl is highly recommended by Divas)
4678 S. Highland Drive, Holladay, UT, 84117
(801) 272-3701

Boot Works (Ernie) (rated high by Ski Magazine)
1401 Lowell Avenue, Park City, UT 84060
(435) 649-3032

DaleBoot USA
2660 S. 300 W., S. Salt Lake, UT, 84115
(801) 487-3649

Canyon Sport Therapy (John Feig)
6069 Highland Drive, Holladay, UT 84121
(801) 944-1209

Surefoot (Barry Woods)
1284 Empire Ave., Resort Center, Park City, UT 84060
(435) 649-6016

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
MasterFit University Bootfitter at Snowmass

Aspen Sports
Snowmass Mall
Snowmass Village
CO 81615
Jack Rafferty is their Certified Pedorthist (Ball State). He does a fabulous job
(970) 618-2530

We have a couple of good bootfitters here at Big Sky, and a pedorthist in Bozeman. I have had good luck with both ski shops (and have plans to visit the pedorthist). My present boots came from Snowmass, though, so I'm looking for a personal recommendation closer to home.

AliceH

<span style="color:#F89F07";">Angel Diva</span>
Loveland Ski Area (Colorado) has two bootfitters I really like, Sue Booker (who is a master bootfitter), and Trina (can't remember her last name) who is also excellent. The shop opens at 8 am.

Exit 216 Interstate 70
Georgetown, CO 80444
303-569-3203 ext 117 (upstairs sports shop)

Another boot fitting shop that came highly recommended made my boots unskiable, and despite me going in twice to have custom footbeds made (with the appointment set up as "I need custom footbeds and a full bootfitting"), didn't seem that interested in making them for me. Trina and Sue fixed my boots and greatly improved them, and I now have the footbeds that I knew I needed. An added bonus is being able to have tweaks made through the day, as the sports shop is maybe fifty steps from the end of the two main runs. (If you're going to do this, I'd suggest going on a weekday so you can be seen pretty quickly when you come back in. They get busy on weekends.)

There are other bootfitters there too, who I'm sure are excellent, but these two are who I've worked with and they seem to humor my girly neuroses rather well.

Moongidget

Angel Diva
There is a guy who works at the Gene Taylor's on the mall in Snowmass...his name escapes me at the moment but he has a terrific mustache... you really can't go wrong. (Pretty sure he's the only one there with such a fab 'stache) I went in and asked for the boot guru, and that is what he is. Fixed me up for $10. I went back with homemade cookies 'cuz I was SOOO thankful.

jgab

Certified Ski Diva
Bob Skinner's in Newbury, NH

Bob Skinner's Ski Shop
RT 103 in Newbury, NH (right by Sunapee)
(603)763-2303
[email protected]

Great shop - attentive, wicked knowledgeable, friendly. They got me in a pair of Nordica Fire Arrows that are ski boot heaven.

Mahniskis

Diva in Training
lou's in calgary is honestly just the best they only sell top quality stuff for racers and advanced free skiers !!!!

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can now whole-heartedly recommend Earl Middlemass at The Sport Loft in Salt Lake City, Utah. I will never consider letting anyone else touch my boots. I had called to ask for a consult and wanted to pay a fee for his advice. He said he'd look at my boots to see if I even needed a consult and then we could talk about next steps.

Earl spent about an hour asking tons of questions both about my ambitions and exactly what happened when I was skiing--what parts of the turns I skidded or not, then evaluated my feet and boots and explained my anatomical irregularities and how the boots and custom insoles didn't work. He could charge me several hundreds to make the old boots work, or sell me the right boots and fit them to compensate for all my "issues." His basic fitting fee with hand-built insoles, all that anatomical and personal evaluation, and liner molding is around $300 in addition to the boots, although that's without "major" work like a lot of punching and grinding the shells, which I would have needed with the old boots.

Of course I opted for new boots. Last Friday's fitting took between 2 1/2 and 3 hours. After many steps and some serious education about why he did what he did, I ended up with a completely different kind of right insole, a boot stiff enough to let me stand upright in the boots, flex the cuff without my knees going forward of my bindings, have my right boot follow my knee so my shins stay parallel in a left turn, and generally remove all the twisting and muscling things around that I was doing.

I'd recommend Earl for anyone who wants an even better fit than a normal fitter could give you. But if you have any anatomical or mechanical weirdness or unevenness, this kind of fit is what you want in order to ski the best you can, and Earl is that kind of fitter. I haven't worked with his son Jeremy yet, but I'm sure he's just as competent, even though he doesn't have Earl's 40 years of experience. Instead, he's spent significant time in Europe (France in particular) learning about pedorthics (if that's what it's called) and how to work with problem feet.

SkadiSkiGrrl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would like to put in a good word for Bob Skinner who owns a shop on the access road near the base of Mt. Sunapee. He is a wonderful boot fitter, though his selection of boots is limited. If you must, buy elsewhere and bring to Bob for fitting. He is a former member of the US Olympic Ski Team and really committed to the sport. He knows his stuff and treats his customers right.

josiegroper

Certified Ski Diva
I am in dire need of new boots! I am short and stubby and frankly had tried about 200 pairs of boots on and nothing has been even remotely comfortable. I still ski in my old rear-entry boots. I have added inserts, etc. so they fit better, but I do wish there was someone really willing to work with me on this around here!

SkiNana

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am in dire need of new boots! I am short and stubby and frankly had tried about 200 pairs of boots on and nothing has been even remotely comfortable. I still ski in my old rear-entry boots. I have added inserts, etc. so they fit better, but I do wish there was someone really willing to work with me on this around here!

Good luck! Montana seems to be virgin territory when it comes to boot fitting! There are definitely no Masterfit University fitters here. We have several good ones in Big Sky, Andrew at Grizzly Outfitters especially, but no one about whom I have ever heard the raves litterbug gives Earl. I am getting new boots
this season and will start with Andrew. If things get hinky, I guess I'll make a road trip to SLC: Brighton and Big Sky have season pass reciprocity, so I would be able to check them out down there without too much damage to my pocketbook. :snow:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna