• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Custom Bootfitting

I am on vacation at Smuggler's Notch Resort and drove over the notch into Stowe, VT this morning to meet with Benny Wax of Inner Bootworks to buy some new boots for me and my 2 daughters who ski. He meets by appointment during the summer. Super nice guy, extremely knowledgeable. I am very happy with my new boots -- Technica Flame Ultrafit with custom footbeds that he "cooked" and formed to my feet. I can tell that it's going to make a huge difference in my skiing. They were from last year's boot collection so I got a good deal on them. Also got boots that fit my daughters well with regular footbeds (not custom fit) from last year's stock. Took 2 hours total and worth every minute.

Here's the info. if any of you are interested: Inner Bootworks, Mt. Road, Stowe, VT 802/253-6929.

Captain

Certified Ski Diva
loving custom boots

I am very happy with my new boots -- Technica Flame Ultrafit with custom footbeds that he "cooked" and formed to my feet. I can tell that it's going to make a huge difference in my skiing... Took 2 hours total and worth every minute.

I agree! Worth every penny and the time. I got custom foot beds and not only did it help my skiing in the comfort, but also in responsiveness. I went to ProFit Ski-Skate (https://www.ski-skate.com/) in Leesburg, VA. They are "certified "America's Best"
by the MasterFit University Bootfitter Training Centers.: If you're not in this area, check out Surefoot (https://www.surefoot.com/). Saw them in Whistler - very knowledgable, too, and are at lots of places in the US, too. Recommended the Booster Strap. It REALLY helps get the boot snug on your leg. Less chance of shin bumps (of course, you have to stay outta the back seat to really avoid them :smile: ). My boots fit really snug, but not tight and uncomfortable. Then next step is custom liners from Surefoot, but not until these wear out.

Another tip - play around with the forward flex (if your boot allows you to). I changed my boot so it was a little more forward - made a big difference in my ability to stay forward in the bumps.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly