• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Golf Divas?

GoldN

Diva in Training
I love to golf- not particularly good at it, but love it all the same. Hmmm... kinda like skiing!

GoldN

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I took golf lessons last summer! I'm hooked, but I refuse to talk about it until I put my skis away:p
I'll check back in the second week of April:cool:

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love to golf and have for many yrs., just don't have many golf friends around here. Golf, for me, is like skiing, only because I love the gear and wish I could buy tons of it ! I could have a room full of golf and ski gear. I especially would like to collect putters and drivers. OH, and a collection of many different skis would be nice but so far I only have one pair....maybe it's time to get some new skis....hmmmm

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Calgal said:
I love to golf and have for many yrs., just don't have many golf friends around here. Golf, for me, is like skiing, only because I love the gear and wish I could buy tons of it ! I could have a room full of golf and ski gear. I especially would like to collect putters and drivers. OH, and a collection of many different skis would be nice but so far I only have one pair....maybe it's time to get some new skis....hmmmm

Best prices of the season are now!

I attempt to golf, although the only part of my game that is decent is the short game - I can chip well enough and my putting isn't awful. Driving off the tee or from the fairway, now that's where I suck.

I also attempt to fish - however I guess I am succeeding at fishing, just not catching.

Of the hobbies I've picked up in the last 5 years my skiing is by far the most successful. Probably why it's the one I'm most addicted too!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm a little odd when it comes to golf: I love the driving range. I like the cathartic repetition of hitting the balls, focusing and using muscle memory. For this reason, I batting cages, too. But, back to golf, I haven't been out on a course in well over 3 years. I've found that I tend to not keep score (because to do so would be depressing!) but instead search for the good strokes.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I took golf lessons last summer! I'm hooked, but I refuse to talk about it until I put my skis away:p
I'll check back in the second week of April:cool:
Okay!
Its the second week of April. My skis are put away for the season, and I'm ready to talk GOLF!
The only problem is.............theres so much snow in my yard, I can't get real excited just yet:(

We know that if the ski resorts were still open, I'd be on the slopes!:D

Best prices of the season are now!

I attempt to golf, although the only part of my game that is decent is the short game - I can chip well enough and my putting isn't awful. Driving off the tee or from the fairway, now that's where I suck.

I also attempt to fish - however I guess I am succeeding at fishing, just not catching.

Of the hobbies I've picked up in the last 5 years my skiing is by far the most successful. Probably why it's the one I'm most addicted too!
You and I should play Best Ball. I can drive off the tee, chip okay, but my putting is the place I need the most work.
I plan on taking putting lessons again this spring for a tune up.

I LOVE GOLF!!!! I'm going out to play tomorrow!

And then going to ski on Sunday! :D

Only in Colorado!

GoldN

Diva in Training
I'm sooooo jealous! In Mich. it's too late to ski and too cold to golf- at least this weekend! Bummer.

Goldn

lozz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I too would love to have room full of golf and ski stuff, but I have only just bought my first pair of skis, so have a long way to go. I took up golf about five years ago, but then we moved and I,m only just getting into it again. My short game is poor, but locally we only have short par 3 courses, so at least I get to practice, but I long to thwack that driver, because I hit a ball of a tee some fair way.

Golf a frustrating walk!

Calgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey Lozz .....Keep going to those par 3 courses, the short game is a major part of success in golf....if you take some lessons and at least have a driving range where you can practice some of the longer shots required, then I'd say you will be able to put together a pretty good game !! Getting used to using some of the longer clubs can take time and a lot of practice. Have you tried any of the 'hibrid' clubs ? I have one that makes getting the ball up off the fairway quite alot nicer than using a 4 or 5 iron.

lozz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I dont have a hybrid club, but I do have a seven or five wood, (thats how long its being since I looked in the big bag) which can work as a fairway wood. If I am on form I putt reasonably well, but if not its truely terrible. Thats what lets me down most, so its just practice on a regular basis. I just get a big thrill from seeing that long ball go straight into the distance, even a straight 75 yarder with a pitching wedge on the short course feels good. Wish it happened more often. Your are right though, short course is good practice for more difficult part of my game.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I dont have a hybrid club, but I do have a seven or five wood, (thats how long its being since I looked in the big bag) which can work as a fairway wood. If I am on form I putt reasonably well, but if not its truely terrible. Thats what lets me down most, so its just practice on a regular basis. I just get a big thrill from seeing that long ball go straight into the distance, even a straight 75 yarder with a pitching wedge on the short course feels good. Wish it happened more often. Your are right though, short course is good practice for more difficult part of my game.
Hybrids are my next acquisition!
I was going to get a complete set of clubs with hybrids included but found such a deal on a set that didn't have Hybrids, I figured that I would just get the hybrids I want to match my set.

lozz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My husband bought my set for my birthday a few years ago, and I have just added to it. I think thats the best way as you get get some great deals on full sets these days.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
me too! I just started playing. I just finished up my lessons and bought a set so i'm committed now!
Awesome!!!
I am totally committed to having a tune up lesson every spring when I get the clubs out.
Since this thread was started, I've acquired three hybrids, 22*, 18* and 26*. The 22 is the one I pull from the bag most.
I have really improved on my game this season and wish I had an opportunity to play more.

Yay, Golf!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whiff, I'm with you on that one!
I've played in some amazing heat and terrible cold temps.

My biggest problem is splitting my time with Mt Biking, which matches my golf passion.

I played a golf marathon for a fundraiser in May and did 42 holes of golf in chilly drizzle. I was running from hole to hole so fast that I got over heated and took my jacket off. It was a blast!!!
4632_1150402315185_1081421520_458004_2125150_n.jpg

denise_q

Certified Ski Diva
I golf! A few months ago I developed a weird 90 degree hook, totally off putting, I went and took a couple of lessons and now I am hitting straight up the fairway. Yay! I love lessons :D

Being from down under we can golf year round, and have maybe 8 weeks of good skiing :(

Skiing lessons are also mandatory for me.

skibumwannabe

Certified Ski Diva
I'm a little odd when it comes to golf: I love the driving range. I like the cathartic repetition of hitting the balls, focusing and using muscle memory. For this reason, I batting cages, too. But, back to golf, I haven't been out on a course in well over 3 years. I've found that I tend to not keep score (because to do so would be depressing!) but instead search for the good strokes.
I LOVE to golf but hate the repetitive nature of the driving range....funny that we are sooo opposite in that department

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly