• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

You're know you're a female skier when....

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
There's a cute blog post circulating on Facebook entitled, You know you're a female athlete when....

It got me thinking. As female athletes/skiers, we probably do things differently than male skiers or our female non-skiing friends. For example, my girlfriends might want jewelry for their birthday. For me, there's nothing I'd like more than new skis. Or a new jacket.

What about you?

Last edited:

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have enough ski jackets. But if someone got me one for my birthday, I'd be smiling.

ScottishGirlie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, I agree! I get more excited about buying a new fleece top than if I had to buy a formal top. I dread the day I have to go to a formal, posh dinner!

I liked the rucsac comment in the article as that is me! I don't have a handbag as such. I do have a very nice little Rossignol bag/purse instead!!

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm conflicted. I used to be a glamazon. Then I got a horse and learned to ski. Hiking and biking have always been more about comfort than looks. There's no point to "looks" at the barn since my horse makes sure anything I wear within 10 feet of him immediately becomes dirty and smelly. Looks while skiing? I WISH. And it the technical-gear manufacturers made an extra-large size that wasn't what every other clothier on the planet would consider a size 10, I MIGHT be able to style it up on the slopes. You can either be tall or broad, but tall and broad means you have to shop in the men's department.

So even though I have a closet full of fabulous clothes, shoes, and jewelry, I wind up wearing comfy stuff women's stuff from Bean, men's clothing from North Face and Stoic, and grubby, stained, disreputable things. My tack and my skis, on the other hand, are always immaculate. Mr Serafina knows what will always go over well with me: scotch, stuff for the horse, private ski lessons, and jewelry and bags even though I rarely use them, because I like to look at them.

B

B.E.G.

To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind jewelry AND skis ;) Before I became crazy obsessed over skiing, I was the same way about jewelry (I know a LOT about it at this point). But lately, all my big wants are skis, bike stuff, more ski stuff....

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd love skis or ski clothing/accessories for my birthday for sure. I spend much more money on ski clothing, gear, season passes. ski trips than on my regular clothing, makeup etc. I started buying ski base layers/sweaters that I are stylish enough to wear both to work and to slopes, like Neve sweaters and black Icebreaker leggings (perfect with sweater skirts when it's cold).

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
When a Winter Storm Warning is issued for tomorrow, everyone else is out buying driveway salt and candles. We are waxing our skis and posting WooHoo on our Facebook page.

On the same topic, when it rains in LA and everyone is whining, I am doing the happy dance because that means it's snowing in the mountains! Did the same thing when we lived in Sacramento.

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Back off topic: If I could register somewhere for gifts, it would be at Racewax.com, Tognar.com, or Artech.com, and involve upgrades from the poor woman's versions of tuning tools I can afford now. Mama needs a set of oval brushes (don't forget the fine steel one!). Oh, and maybe some real vises for a change! :D

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've started wearing my fleeces and (some) baselayers to work with boots and jeans. My ski and work wardrobes are becoming indistinguishable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna