• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When you are sick and stuck inside ......

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Flu probably. I had chills Monday/Tuesday, less fever today. Still weak as a kitten and coughing. YACK. So I booked a trip to Utah for the first week of April! Flight, hotels, staying with a friend one night, rental car etc. etc. etc. Haven't solidified where I'm going to ski beyond at least two days in Park City and one at Alta. Otherwise .... who knows!

That made this a much more productive day!

QCskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Booking a ski trip sounds like a good way to make the best of a bad situation! Now I know what to do next time I'm sick. I hope you feel better soon.

RhodySkiBum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Flu probably. I had chills Monday/Tuesday, less fever today. Still weak as a kitten and coughing. YACK. So I booked a trip to Utah for the first week of April! Flight, hotels, staying with a friend one night, rental car etc. etc. etc. Haven't solidified where I'm going to ski beyond at least two days in Park City and one at Alta. Otherwise .... who knows!

That made this a much more productive day!

Haha -- NICE!! I'm stuck at home with my broken hand, and have already done too much online shopping :-/ Ooops!

Hope you feel better -- and enjoy Utah!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Haha -- NICE!! I'm stuck at home with my broken hand, and have already done too much online shopping :-/ Ooops!

Hope you feel better -- and enjoy Utah!

And I see you are due to get anywhere from 2 - 8 inches of snow tomorrow where you don't need it. I live in RI (and VT in the winter) and only want to see snow there on Xmas Eve! I WAS going to try and drive back. Putting that off another day! Hope you get good news when you see your doc!

RhodySkiBum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And I see you are due to get anywhere from 2 - 8 inches of snow tomorrow where you don't need it. I live in RI (and VT in the winter) and only want to see snow there on Xmas Eve! I WAS going to try and drive back. Putting that off another day! Hope you get good news when you see your doc!

Yes-- I call these useless storms. Snow here and nothing in the mountains!

But at least I don't have to worry about driving to work in it :smile:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes-- I call these useless storms. Snow here and nothing in the mountains!

But at least I don't have to worry about driving to work in it :smile:

More to watch for on Tuesday, it seems. I should be back in VT by then if the flu doesn't kill me!

RhodySkiBum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
More to watch for on Tuesday, it seems. I should be back in VT by then if the flu doesn't kill me!

I just saw that! Of course they'll hype it up like the next blizzard here, lol

Bummer though because I was thinking about driving to Portland to see my daughter -- not on Tuesday I guess!!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just saw that! Of course they'll hype it up like the next blizzard here, lol

It's what an old roommate used to call 'being held hostage by the weather man'! Followed by the populace running to the grocery store!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Auuuugh! I just canceled. I'm still coughing some. I'm getting out in VT but I don't think I have the air or the legs to ski at altitude. I'm not willing to risk it. (and it has rained some out there). I'll finish out the season here and stay as healthy as I can. Always next year!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna