• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

SkiBilly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stranger Things....my kids said to watch it. I was sceptical as it's about kids...but it was great! Binge watched the 1st and 2nd season...hanging out for the 3rd now.

And OMG! Westworld! It's not on Netflix....but watch it....it's just the best show ever!

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Since the other discussion of X Files was in this thread . . . @tinymoose, what do you think of this latest version? I am not impressed. Can't see most of it, apparently they have no budget for lighting, and I have no idea what's going on. Do NOT like the revelation in the first episode. Also not happy with Skinner.

Oh, really? I've actually been enjoying it so far (I'm living in delusional land where CSM didn't reveal what he did in ep. 1 or is a lying liar who lies). lol Much better than I Want To Believe or Season 10 so far I think. I especially enjoyed last night's episosde.

X-Files has always had no lighting budget. lol

Christy

Angel Diva
Stranger Things....my kids said to watch it. I was sceptical as it's about kids...but it was great! Binge watched the 1st and 2nd season...hanging out for the 3rd now.

I didn't think I'd like this at all-- it's totally not my genre--but my husband watched it and our house is small, so there was no way to avoid it. And I LOVED it. Beyond Stranger Things is fun, if you are wanting more.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah Godless was pretty good. I almost gave up halfway through the first episode though - i took a while to take. I'm glad I stayed with it.
Me too, started watching, thought it was a bit grim so stopped. Came back a few days later and thought it was excellent once it got going.

Christy

Angel Diva
Any current faves that tend in the more positive direction? No pandemic movies. :smile:

I just finished Glow on Netflix. The first episode didn't really captivate me, the second I thought was okay, but then I got in to it. It's a very positive show (lots about female friendship) and very funny--the episode where they had their first public show had me crying (literally) laughing. I can't remember the last time that happened.

If anyone can recommend something that made them cry laughing, I'd love to know.

Top Chef starts Thursday!!

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you have Amazon Prime, Mrs Maisel is brilliant (or marvellous to be more specific) - not really into fashion but the clothes and sets are just lovely too.

On Netflix - the Kominsky Method.

If you've not watched it and it's available, the IT Crowd is stupidly funny. I think there may have been an US remake - the original UK version is the one I mean.

I'm not an obsessive Trekkie, but I'm really enjoying Picard (think it's on HBO). Not a comedy recommendation btw. After a few episodes I'm thinking I could watch Patrict Stewart read the phone book and it'd be worth watching...

Christy

Angel Diva
If you have Amazon Prime, Mrs Maisel is brilliant (or marvellous to be more specific) - not really into fashion but the clothes and sets are just lovely too.

If you've not watched it and it's available, the IT Crowd is stupidly funny. I think there may have been an US remake - the original UK version is the one I mean.

I'm not an obsessive Trekkie, but I'm really enjoying Picard (think it's on HBO). Not a comedy recommendation btw. After a few episodes I'm thinking I could watch Patrict Stewart read the phone book and it'd be worth watching...

Picard is on a CBS streaming service that requires a subscription, and I hate to do that since we already pay for cable and Netflix. But I want to see his Pittie sidekick that he demanded be in the series!

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Picard is on a CBS streaming service that requires a subscription, and I hate to do that since we already pay for cable and Netflix. But I want to see his Pittie sidekick that he demanded be in the series!
I would say the dog's not in enough episodes to justify getting a subscription (at least not so far)...

geargrrl

Angel Diva
A really good friend turned me onto "High Maintenance" on HBO. It's vignettes about a bicycle riding hipster pot dealer in Brooklyn. The stories are threaded together in unusual and unexpected ways. The characters feel really "real" to me. It's funny AF, slight irreverent with no laugh track.

Christy

Angel Diva
A really good friend turned me onto "High Maintenance" on HBO. It's vignettes about a bicycle riding hipster pot dealer in Brooklyn. The stories are threaded together in unusual and unexpected ways. The characters feel really "real" to me. It's funny AF, slight irreverent with no laugh track.

I LOVED High Maintenance in its first incarnation (first two seasons) when it was a web series. I'm not as sure about its current/longer format though I did find the episode with the dog quite affecting. Since I don't have HBO I haven't seen most of them though. Can you watch those original short pre-HBO episodes on HBO? I wish they were still available on Vimeo--I'd rewatch!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Loved Mrs. Maisel! LOL - I’m with you on Patrick Stewart! Let’s face it he is a classically trained actor. A friend of mine saw him, years ago, do a one-man Christmas Carol in New York City. She said it was outstanding.

on Netflix I’ve been watching a bunch of improbable but fun TV series. Mindless entertainment. I sort of liked Unlimited. And Lucifer. Totally improbable!

I LOVED Shetland on Britbox via Amazon Prime! Actually I liked a lot on Britbox.

Christy

Angel Diva
*bump*

We watched "A Suitable Girl" on Prime and it was excellent--I thought it was ultimately very moving. One of the people (a matchmaker) in that is the star of the Netflix show "Indian Matchmaking," so I thought I'd give that a shot. It turns out to be the perfect thing for these Covid/Wildfire/I think Godzilla was just spotted/and the Big One is probably coming tomorrow/etc times. I thought it would be very awkward and full of spoiled unpleasant people, but it's not. There are some very sweet people you really root for (will Nadia find love??), and even the picky ones that provide a lot of entertainment are basically good people who just want to find someone to share their lives with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly