• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What to watch? (need streaming series suggestions)

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for reminding me about Lillehammer, @geargrrl. I need to add that to our queue since we just finished S2 of House of Cards (which was excellent -- FYI, for anyone skimming).

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lol, @SkiBam, just saw your reply after I posted mine. Would have been easier to have just quoted you, and added +1,

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
I have been binge watching Sherlock. It is fantastic.

altagirl

Staff member
I forgot about it, but HBO is doing a marathon of Deadwood episodes this weekend and I forgot how much I LOVED this show. Hah, you do have to not mind cursing, but the dialogue is honestly the most entertaining in any show I can think of.

I'd also second Walking Dead. I'm generally not a fan of zombie movies/shows/etc. but it's just good drama to me - I like that it creates these gut-wrenching scenarios and the whole zombie thing is just a way to create dilemmas balancing survival and ethics.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
My younger son is a lot like Sherlock, ADD and brilliant. The show is a little hard for me to watch sometimes because of that.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Am loving the new Poldark on Masterpiece Theatre, by the way.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Am loving the new Poldark on Masterpiece Theatre, by the way.

I haven´t got into the story, but love looking at the scenery - I hiked the South West Coastal Path in Cornwall in May and passed what seems to be the exact spot, including the mines, where some of this was filmed.

Marigee

Angel Diva
DH and I really enjoyed the show "Justfied" with Timothy Oliphant. I don't know if it is on Netflix or not. Another good show is "The Closer" with Kyra Sedgewick.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been binge watching Sherlock. It is fantastic.

I LOVE Sherlock. The Christmas special cannot get here quickly enough.

If you've never seen it, X-Files is a great show (I'm such an X-Files homer) AND 6 new episodes are coming out in January so now is the time to binge watch it!

Other recs:
Parks and Recreation
Daredevil (haven't seen it myself but the H watched it and loved it)
Doctor Who
Arrested Development

Fringe and Hannibal are also very good, but I believe they're only on Amazon Prime.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I've been watching Once Upon a Time after many people suggested it to me over the years, I'm quite hooked!

Really liking Wayward Pines on Fox. Not on Netflix yet but Matt Dillon is awesome as the lead and its very Xfiles'ey

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@surfsnowgirl I've heard that's good!

I also want to check out: Fargo (Hulu), The Walking Dead, Twin Peaks

@tinymoose Wayward pines is sooooooo good. It was filmed between 2013-2014 and is based upon 3 books. Not sure if a second season is possible because all the books are covered in this first season. I guess it will depend on how they ended this season and if they kept any future a possibility in the finale. OMG it is so good. The score is excellent also. I really like it.

I want to see Walking Dead and Twin Peaks also. I have never seen Fargo, used to live in Minnesota so everyone talked like that when I lived there :smile:. Heard it was a good movie.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Admittedly, I want to watch Fargo b/c Martin Freeman is in it. I've heard it's good too, but Martin Freeman.

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DH finds all the CGI-enhanced science and acted out history mockumentaries: Life After People, Walking With Dinosaurs, Hatfields and McCoys.

There's an interesting one DS1 got us hooked on called "Black Mirror" which is a British anthology of science fiction stories based on unanticipated results of modern technology. It reminded us a lot of Twilight Zone. Only a few episodes have been released on Netflix, but I recommend it.

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sherlock
Life on Mars (whished Ashes to Ashes was avaialable, read somewhere that it was once on Netflix but they took it out)
Peaky Blinders
Broadchurch
Sons of Anarchy (when it has to be something not too ambitious)
Dr. Who (as it was never shown in Austria as far as I can remember :smile: )
Fjällbacka (based on Camilla Läckberg)

beside this my bf liked:
Fargo
Breaking Bad
Better call Saul
The walking dead

'Austrian' Netflix is way behind the ones in UK or US :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member