• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Volkl 2013 skis

I think I found the '13 line for Volkl skis. Kiku is misspelled, but has my fav grafix for the women's freeride line. The Jester and Duke bindings are there too, the Dukes look cool.

RuthB

Angel Diva
I'm glad I got this years Aura's though, don't like this year's graphics as much, apart from the kiku which I think I like more than this years.

The dukes look nice, better than the all white they are at the moment.

SNWL did you ever find anywhere to demo the aura's?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ladies, I'll be reporting on stuff as this weekend transpires, and will get more details on the product lines, but in the mean time, here is a taste of what Volkl has in the women's line, just from a walk around.
The front side line is called the Essenza(?)
LL

LL

FWIW, Head has some new stuff that is really interesting to me, for the first time in a while.

Celestron2000

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I prefer this year's free ride line (especially loved the birds), but I do think next years Attiva line is an improvement (much needed.)

Celestron2000

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
..wait Essenza? Does this mean they've done away with the famous Tierra???
I thought those were just new topsheets...
:noidea:

shima

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
https://www.skieur.com/actu-nouveautes-skis-volkl-2013

If you use google translate you'll get the following:

New Skis VÖLKL 2013

Völkl, K2 belongs to the group, left earlier this year the lap of Tecnica France remains the distributor hexagonal to a new entity now known as Marker Völkl France.

V. Werks
This new range incorporates two skis in place at Völkl, the RTM84 and Code (76 mm) but with construction 30% lighter, made from carbon, aramid and titanium. The idea is not to seduce lovers of hiking but rather the tech-savvy, the tip for 1200 euros.
V. Werks Code: 104-76-122 mm 178 cm
V. Werks RTM: 111-84-121 mm 176 cm.

Women
Attiva is the range Essenza aging, so with a series of six new skis, 20% lighter than its predecessors. From the bottom: Adora, 73 mm pad for 350 euros fixed Aurena, 75 mm to 400 euros, Viola, 74 mm to 450 euros, Chiara, 77 mm to 599 euros, Charisma, 79 mm to 699 euros and Allura, 75 mm to 699 euros. Least for the track, Kenji (87 mm) adopt a rocker at the tip as her male counterpart Kendo.

Freeride
Kendo, all-mountain ski, keeps the same sidecut (126-89-110 mm by 177 cm) and the same construction but inherits a full rocker with spatula, against 599 euros. The Mantra (649 euros) and Katana (749 euros) remain unchanged them, same for everything that is bigger if not the Kuro takes a layer of titanal for 799 euros.

Freestyle
If the Alley does not change with its 81 mm pad for 299 euros, same for the Ledge in the straight edges and double rocker for 85 mm and 329 euros or 450 euros in the Wall, a new Kink (very nice and flashy) has taken the niche all-mountain freestyle. Versatile rocker with a slight front and rear and equipped with straight edges, it is proposed in 147, 155, 163, 171 and 179 cm for 89 mm pad 179 cm. Price: 399 euros. Another newcomer, Step back line odds Ledge but is intended to pure jib. It will only be available in the shops very specialized, to 349 euros.

Marker
The Marker Duke offered a new lease of life with a broader base (screws wheelbase extended by 10 mm) and a higher performance plastic for better transmission of forces and respond to the expansion of skis. A metal bar on the top of the stop has also stiffen the assembly when the pivot was also redesigned to increase its life. Price: 399 euros.
The Marker Jester also receives a broad-based but also the metal bar on top of the stop. We thus find the Jester to 279 euros, 299 euros Pro Jester and Jester Schizo to 299 euros.
For touring bindings and if affinitées the Tour Marker Tour F10 and F12, the base was again redesigned with better plastic, the front pivot has also been strengthened. Prices are unchanged, respectively at 279 and 299 euros.

If it's translating correctly, it looks like Kenja got a rocker in the tip... not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

RuthB

Angel Diva
Ladies, I'll be reporting on stuff as this weekend transpires, and will get more details on the product lines, but in the mean time, here is a taste of what Volkl has in the women's line, just from a walk around.

FWIW, Head has some new stuff that is really interesting to me, for the first time in a while.

Ohh, Any photos of the head stuff? and what new stuff do they have?

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love my 2010 Tierras BUT I would love them even more with graphics like these! My year the skis were just plain dull looking and maybe even ugly!

livstew

Certified Ski Diva
i'm more than not, not a fan of the new graphics...

although i am tech-savy and the vwerks do look interesting... ;)

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Haha, Google Translate is awesome...ly awful. Makes me laugh, though.

My rough - but hopefully slightly more intelligible - translation:

Women's
The aging Attiva line becomes Essenza, with six new skis, which are 20% lighter than their predecessors. The skis are, from the entry-level on up: Adora, 73mm waist for 350 euros; Aurena, 75mm waist for 350 euros, Viola, with a 74mm waist for 450 euros, Chiara, with a 77mm waist at 599 euros, Charisma, with a 79mm waist at 699 euros, and Allura, 75mm waist at 699 euros. Less intended for on-piste, the Kenja (87mm waist) adds a rocker at the tip, just like its men's counterpart, the Kendo.

Sounds like the Charisma and the Allura will be the new top-of-the-line women's Volkl skis for on-piste, and the Kenja will be back with a rocker for off-piste.

Intrigued by the "20% lighter" thing. I've never tried a Volkl ski - they never really show up at demo days around here - but from what I understand, they're on the heavier side. I wonder if fans of the brand will be happy or upset at this change?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't gone to the Volkl Booth for a meeting yet, just got pics.
I will go there again today to clarify, but this is what I understand
  • The Essenza line replaces the Attiva line, but the top 4 models in that line still have the BioLogic system that they've had the past few years, but they've made changes as noted in segacs post above.
  • I don't believe that the Aura is different than it was in 2012, except for the graphics
  • The two skis to the lookers left of the Kenja are the women's park ski and the tweener ski.

Again, I haven't gotten the run through on the women's volkl line yet, so I'll correct myself if I'm wrong on any of these details.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay ladies, I promised a bit of an update after SIA 2012 and though I am a little late, I finally got the video's edited and set up from the show.
Here is an interview I did with Annie from Volkl Skis, just for you.....
(please don't ask why it looks like I'm pouting in the opening shot......I have no idea:doh:

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't like what they've done with the Aura and Kenja graphics, I preferred the birds. The rest look nice though.

What skis are those next to the Kenja and Aura in your photo SnotHot?

I had a little chuckle at 'SnotHot' hehehe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna