• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Vail bumps and glades near Lionshead?

AnotherColoradoGal

Diva in Training
I'll be heading to Vail Saturday to demo some skis. The demo tent is at Lionshead. I usually ski the backside unless I have my green-skiing kids with me, so I'm not super familiar with what the front side offers. Are there any runs that I can quickly access from Lionshead to try out the skis on terrain I usually ski? I'm looking specifically for bumps and trees. Steep would be good but not essential.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Call Outdoors Divas and ask for Lauren, the store manager. She'll know. I think she said she would be there until 6 pm today.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do you have time to pop over into Game Creek? It would be more like 2 or 3 runs per ski rather than 1, but a better test.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry I missed this but to be honest I haven't skied Vail in years so I'm not a great resource. Although I agree that Game Creek would be a good option. I'm guessing you were demoing with Outdoor Divas since they were having a demo day. Hopefully they were able to give you some good options.

AnotherColoradoGal

Diva in Training
So here's the route I took over and over as I demoed skis:

For bumps: Up Born Free Express, down Ledges, then ski over Bwana Loop to The Preserve. Note that these weren't spectacular runs -- I'm positive the back side of the mountain had better snow and more interesting terrain, but they did the trick for me that day.

For trees: Up Born Free Express, down through trees on skier's left of Born Free. Down through Cheetah Gully (so much powder in the Gully!).

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can you post your findings in a new thread? Inquiring minds!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna