• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ugh, are you serious? My knee is injured again

newboots

Angel Diva
LOL! Well, every thread wanders. We are each of us of course our own favorite topic of discussion ;-)

I try not to be like that, but quite unsuccessfully.

What's weird is that I've been fine, emotionally, no reaction. I think on some level it "confirms" my fear that I would hurt myself again Mother's Day weekend. I suspect I will have a severe emotional reaction coming at some point when I least expect it.

Or perhaps you'll just put nose to grindstone and work the PT, and grit your teeth when they tell you to take it easy, and steadily get better. Maybe you would have skied more this year, but even in Colorado it must be winding down?

Next Mother's Day, stick with the beach. And wrap up in bubble wrap, for good measure.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Maybe you would have skied more this year, but even in Colorado it must be winding down?

Next Mother's Day, stick with the beach. And wrap up in bubble wrap, for good measure.

Uh. Winding down? Have you SEEN the photos from the last two days?

And you know - I refuse to be ruled by superstition. It was just stepping in a binding! That could have happened at any time.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was at a tailgate party and closing ski day yesterday and thought of you. Hope your PT is working well for you.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was at a tailgate party and closing ski day yesterday and thought of you. Hope your PT is working well for you.

Thank you, Tricia! The knee is better - the kneecap isn't getting stuck on its track the way it was - but still a bit swollen and averse to some basic exercises with knee bent that were fine before the incident. Fingers crossed. The amount of crackling I hear straightening my leg is disturbing, and I swear that wasn't happening before. So weird.

Although ... I guess it's only been 2.5 weeks. Maybe I don't need to hold a funeral for my knee quite yet ...

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't believe your knee is toast. But I think you should stick to Salomon or Aaaatack bindings from now on. As your demo center, I'll be mindful of that. ;)

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't believe your knee is toast. But I think you should stick to Salomon or Aaaatack bindings from now on. As your demo center, I'll be mindful of that. ;)

Even though I immediately yelled at the bindings - I can't imagine they were really at fault. This had to be a ticking time bomb, and I'm lucky it happened next to the top of a lift, not stepping down off a rock 3 miles into a hike or something. So - silver lining?

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you, Tricia! The knee is better - the kneecap isn't getting stuck on its track the way it was - but still a bit swollen and averse to some basic exercises with knee bent that were fine before the incident. Fingers crossed. The amount of crackling I hear straightening my leg is disturbing, and I swear that wasn't happening before. So weird.

Although ... I guess it's only been 2.5 weeks. Maybe I don't need to hold a funeral for my knee quite yet ...

The good news/bad news is that mine have done this for 30 years ... it gets louder, then that stuff wears down a little and it gets quieter, then you get new stuff and it gets louder again, rinse and repeat ... It won't go away, but it is fairly normal and you can still do stuff.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The good news/bad news is that mine have done this for 30 years ... it gets louder, then that stuff wears down a little and it gets quieter, then you get new stuff and it gets louder again, rinse and repeat ... It won't go away, but it is fairly normal and you can still do stuff.

Yeah, honestly, sometimes when I worry, I think about all your knees have put you through, and you're still skiing, hiking, etc ... then I think of what you go through in order to all that stuff ... like you said, good/bad.

I think the Graston is going to be a big help. It's painful, but it's breaking down all these lumps in my muscles, front and back. I supplement with the foam roller and a lacrosse ball as much as I can stand.

I've been gardening a bit - we have raised beds, so not kneeling at all - and I can really tell how much my right leg is abdicating. My left quad gets sore, as does my right calf. It truly has regressed from a few months ago. Boo.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm sort of in this camp, with right MCL that was injured in 2011, that rinse & repeat cycle @pinto described. But in a very mild way (whew).

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
Tomorrow is my ~last~ PT for shattered femur more than two years ago and the inflamed hamstrings resulting from various therapy activities... I'm sooo ready to be done with all! I plan to celebrate by registering for next December's Steamboat race camp as soon after midnight tomorrow night as possible. :bounce:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Tomorrow is my ~last~ PT for shattered femur more than two years ago and the inflamed hamstrings resulting from various therapy activities... I'm sooo ready to be done with all! I plan to celebrate by registering for next December's Steamboat race camp as soon after midnight tomorrow night as possible. :bounce:

Very, very cool - and what a long road!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
@bounceswoosh, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope it turns out to be a minor problem resolved by PT.

My TKR crackles every time I bend it. How can an artificial knee even DO that?!? The doctor just says I have "crepitus" and shrugs his shoulders, but I am not happy. Makes me feel like he's telling me I'm "decrepit". Ouch!

Good luck!

newboots

Angel Diva
@bounceswoosh,

My TKR crackles every time I bend it. How can an artificial knee even DO that?!? The doctor just says I have "crepitus" and shrugs his shoulders, but I am not happy. Makes me feel like he's telling me I'm "decrepit". Ouch!

Medical terminology can sound so ominous or even judgmental! I turned 35 just after the birth of my daughter, which was old back then to have a baby. I saw in my chart: elderly primagravida

Ouch, indeed!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seeing "obese" in a medical report made me take stock. :fear:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I see "pleasant" in my medical chart so often that it makes me wonder if it's code for "obese." Or is everyone else an a-hole when they go to the doctor??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna