• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Top 9 Ski Resorts With The Best Views

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Go here to see the list. I have only been to Alyeska and might be able to go to Grand Targhee this winter. I would love to go to Lake Louise and Cerro Catedral. Chamonix would be great to visit too.
The view from the summit on Turnagain Arm at Alyeska is indeed breathtaking. The photo, even with the cloudy skies, from the article makes me miss Alyeska.
What do you think about the list? Which of the places on the list did you visit? Which ones would you like to visit?

abc

Banned
What do you think about the list?
One word: LAME.

All of them are great views. But there're are sooooo many others that are just as nice.

For example, I think Squaw Valley (or Heavenly, or Alpine Meadow) has just as good view as Homewood.

Targhee is not bad. But Jackson Hole is just as good. Or Big Sky. Or Bridget.

Besides, any "best view" list missing Zermatt is just...well, LAME!

Jilly

Staff member
I've got to agree with abc....Le Massif in Quebec...Blue Mountain in Ontario...both look over the water. There are so many.....

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can I say something? It's, like, this confession, this thing I've been keeping secret.

But I don't really care for lake views when I'm skiing. I was so excited to go to Tahoe, and it was really cool, but the mountains are so short, and the water, yeah it's nice, but... :noidea: I don't dislike the lake, but I'm kinda neutral I guess.

Ok, there I said it.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
One word: LAME.

All of them are great views. But there're are sooooo many others that are just as nice.

For example, I think Squaw Valley (or Heavenly, or Alpine Meadow) has just as good view as Homewood.

Targhee is not bad. But Jackson Hole is just as good. Or Big Sky. Or Bridget.

Besides, any "best view" list missing Zermatt is just...well, LAME!
There really are so many areas with great views. Homewood is practically on the lake! Surprised @abc knows about it…. Not many people do. Also, Chamonix, Zermatt, Wengen, Grindelwald, oh so many have beautiful views. My photo is "top of the jungrau":ski2:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
If any resort ever made it in the list from the east, I would have to nominate Wildcat, NH, which has pretty amazing views of Mt Washington, Tuckerman Ravine, Presidential range on a clear day.

marzNC

Angel Diva
About 25 years ago, a friend invited me for a few days of skiing in north Tahoe. The one clear day we went to Homewood. Really enjoyed the view since I hadn't skied many places out west besides Alta. Great place for an intermediate (friend's wife was a beginner). Made a point to go back when I did a ski week in north Tahoe and the first ski day was on a weekend.

Would like to ski Lake Louise since I've seen how beautiful the Canadian Rockies are in summer time.

@Olesya Chornoguz : you put Alyeska on my bucket list with your trip report from last April. :smile:

Christy

Angel Diva
It might be one of the reasons I ski. Most places have a great view. They're on mountains.

Me too. It's one of the reasons I've never night skied--I want the scenery and view. It's also one reason a resort might not make my want-to-return list, if I think the scenery is sub par.

marzNC

Angel Diva
What's really fun is when there is a full moon. I enjoy the view from the top of Massanutten under moonlight.

Night skiing is very common in the southeast. Sometimes better than during the day when it's warm, which can happen in Jan, and certainly starts by mid-Feb. Meaning over 45 during the day.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Zermatt has breathtaking views. Probably beats most places in this department. And it's huge. Murren/Grindelwald are not too shabby either, very pretty villages and great scenery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna