• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Time skiing vs time riding lifts

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Thanks.. I saw this somewhere recently.... well have been to 16 of the resorts listed....

Christy

Angel Diva
WHISTLER is #7 ??? Something has to be off in their data because that is the absolute worst place for this IMO. I've been there a lot and never stood in longer lines. It has to be that Whistler has so much top to bottom that it ranks favorably no matter what the lines, except that no one skis the whole 5000' at once, except for that last run of the day, because the bottom trails are boring, crowded with beginners, and often poor conditions. So in reality, this isn't right.

This is a very important data set. We all just wanna ski & ride. No one wants to spend time in lift lines or on lifts.

Well then Whistler shouldn't be on the list; I wouldn't think Vail should be either; a few others I'm thinking, "really? too.

altagirl

Staff member
Around here it's very dependent on weather, day of the week, time of day, etc. A weekday bluebird powder day will be a madhouse, but just in the morning, and after lunch the place will be a ghost town. Not sure how you'd account for that. Are they averaging it out or?

Similarly, if it's been snowing frequently, that effect isn't quite so bad. If it's a storm after a dry spell, it seems like the whole valley is up there.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
well.. I've skied over 50K at Okemo (always get 30k+)
due to Fast lifts (and Fast Skiing) and midweek w/no crowds..

Whiteface if the Gondola Isn't running (WINDY) it takes forever on the old Chairs... Yes tons of Vertical but Slow lifts.. IMHO..

mustski

Angel Diva
As always, it's relative to WHEN you are skiing. Weekends and holidays most definitely skew that data. That said, I found Vail a PITA overall. It wasn't at all crowded when we were there, but I felt as if we spent most of our time traveling from one area to another- either via traverse or chair lift. Personally, I can't stand traverses.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The data is only based on people who use the app. Just to show you the quality of that data, the magic carpet for here is listed twice and among the most popular lifts for this app. Another popular lift they list, chair 3, also caters to either beginners or park rats. The main lift, one of two here that actually get lines during the holidays, is NOT EVEN LISTED. Neither is the other popular lift, chair 7. I brought this to their attention months ago and basically they told me the data was good. Well, it may be accurate as to what their users are skiing, but it's certainly not a representative sample.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly