• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Melt After the Deep Freeze!

marzNC

Angel Diva
On the easier trails I am learning to tip my skis and turn. I need practice. He needs to go ski Superstar by himself a few times!
You are being very smart.

Today at Jiminy Peak I skied the blacks (not too long, steep enough) with some women I met in the morning. After they left, I stayed mostly on the blues. They were plenty steep enough to keep me entertained. Plus I'm working on a few things based on lessons in the last few weeks. By the afternoon, the blacks were skied off enough to be more work than fun.

Tvan

Angel Diva
@newboots, I’m in the same mindset as you are regarding practicing technique. I’m at Whiteface with Diva East this week, after 5 days at Okemo last week. Conditions here are definitely better than last week’s fog-then-rain-then-ice-then-cookies conditions.

My coach from Okemo suggested that the best thing I could do for my own growth was spend TIB... Time-In-Boots... meaning: practice. DH is exploring the entire mountain, ripping it and taking some beautiful photos from the peak, while I’m practicing railroad tracks, “zipper down the hill”, and getting both skis to edge simultaneously on the lower slopes. Everybody wins!

Last edited:

Jilly

Staff member
And the Cs are beautiful! Just way too fast on the steep slopes, so I keep braking and slowing down.

You are so right!

More turning effort. If you keep turning uphill, gravity will slow you down. Use the terrain to slow you down,

newboots

Angel Diva
More turning effort. If you keep turning uphill, gravity will slow you down. Use the terrain to slow you down,

I suppose this is where those wide, football-field trails come in handy.
Thanks, Jilly!

newboots

Angel Diva
This is what (I believe) my short, skiddy turns with uphill finishes look like (steep slopes):

IMG_0758.jpg
I guess by the time I get myself going uphill, it's high time to turn the other way. (Maybe I should have drawn in some trees.)

On gentler pitches, I can make big Cs and they are so pretty.

Yes, but just crank em for short turns. Keep those C's

So I should get the ski more on edge for the faster, steeper trails? So the turn would actually happen before one encounters the tree line?

newboots

Angel Diva
Similar question I have to ask myself: It's not could I ski it, but rather should I ski it?

Yes!

He skied by himself today - Superstar, Skyeburst, Needle's Eye. Perfect! I was working safely in an office.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna