• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The Chuting Gallery

socalgal

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just saw the video this morning and totally thought of posting it here! Looks like everyone beat me to it. It was nerve racking to watch. I can recall the feeling of cheering myself on... even though my brain is saying-- danger! danger! danger!

newboots

Angel Diva
I had a job interview today. I'm lousy at interviews. I decided to take "This is fun. This is fun" as my mantra. I did a better interview than I've done in a long time.

That's awesome!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a job interview today. I'm lousy at interviews. I decided to take "This is fun. This is fun" as my mantra. I did a better interview than I've done in a long time.

Love it!!! WAAAAAY back when, I used to blast the Go-Go's 'Can't Stop the World (why let it stop you)' on the way into interviews!! Go DeeSki!

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the encouragement. It also occurred to me that if I screwed up the worst that would happen is nothing. Compared to plunging down the side of a mountain, pretty low stakes!

cskis88

Certified Ski Diva
I love that barfy, excited feeling I get from watching stuff like this... lol

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also think she's amazing. Ah MA Zing! I wish I could harness some of her ability to overcome fear!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Powder podcast from 2017 where she talks about gender bias:
https://www.powder.com/powder-radio/sponsored-podcast-caroline-gleich/

It's interesting that in the interview, Gleich talks about the implicit bias and negative assumptions she faces as a small (5' .5")woman in mountaineering. The interviewer interrupts to say "well, I wouldn't say bias against small women, just small people." I wanted to tell him to hush his mansplainy face for basically overruling her description of her actual experience. :mad2:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I finally watched this a couple of days ago. The voicemail recording in the first minute turned my stomach. Like, I literally felt sick to my stomach. But the rest was pretty amazing. I hope she's doing it for herself and not taking those risks to prove her naysayers wrong. Although I realize it's never that black and white.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly