• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

The 10 People you Meet on the Ski the East Facebook Group

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
And characters like these, my fellow Ski Divas, are part of the reason I started TheSkiDiva.com.

It is hysterical, but why is the most beginner skier of the bunch "Ski the green circle girl?" Sheesh. Although Green Circle Guy is spot on.

Still, this really made me laugh:
"Looking-for-Advice-But-Not-Really Guy has been skiing since he was two months old and averages 115 days of skiing per year. He skied Tuckerman’s Ravine backwards and shirtless in cross-country skis in the blizzard of ‘78. Sound scary? Hardly. He fell asleep halfway down because he was so bored........"

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
It is hysterical, but why is the most beginner skier of the bunch "Ski the green circle girl?" Sheesh. Although Green Circle Guy is spot on.

Oh this was definitely part of the conversation on the post I was referring to. Lots of women, myself included, pointed that out and were displeased. There are so many knowledgeable, experienced, awesome skier ladies in the group, yet there was only one female personality listed which conveniently is the one needing all of the guys’ help..?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Oh this was definitely part of the conversation on the post I was referring to. Lots of women, myself included, pointed that out and were displeased. There are so many knowledgeable, experienced, awesome skier ladies in the group, yet there was only one female personality listed which conveniently is the one needing all of the guys’ help..?

Could you post a link to this? I can’t find it.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
lol’ed at “Vail Sucks Guy”:
“Do you want Vail Sucks Guy to elaborate? Good luck. There are plenty of thoughtful critiques of Vail out there. They did not come from Vail Sucks Guy.”

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I took the Ski the Green Circle Girl to mean that women are not a "type" on the STE Facebook page. The vast majority of women on there seem to be logical, polite, and well-informed. Nothing to make fun of.

Some of the men on STE make me think of this.

Attachments

• Are these my brains.jpg
    Are these my brains.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 16

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That was great. I'd like to see the equivalent for Pugski frankly.

I don't really see that stuff here. I see many of those types on Pugski, tho, and back on Epic. Does this mean it's mostly a "guy" thing? So far here I can't think I've seen any "types". Am I just not observant? Or is it a function of larger rather than smaller forums? No, I'm still on a small, PA ski forum and those types are there as well. I really hate concluding it is a gender thing.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

I don't really see that stuff here. I see many of those types on Pugski, tho, and back on Epic. Does this mean it's mostly a "guy" thing? So far here I can't think I've seen any "types". Am I just not observant? Or is it a function of larger rather than smaller forums? No, I'm still on a small, PA ski forum and those types are there as well. I really hate concluding it is a gender thing.

Actually, we're larger than Pugski.

And yeah, I agree. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think those types apply here. So maybe it is a guy thing.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, the raw number of members might be greater here but the sheer volume of posting is far higher there. That's the only way I know to determine "active" not being an admin. There's probably an "active lurker" number you can see.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Am I the only one who didn’t find the article funny? Maybe it’s just me.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

That PA forum is pretty guy-heavy. But then I think a lot of the macho stuff is tongue-in-cheek.

Obviously no generalizations are going to be absolute. Lots of women exhibit the negative, profane aggression that's such a bummer on some sites, and lots of men are actively positive and empathetic on those same sites. But it does seem that the ugly negativity mostly comes from guys. Though the meanest anyone has ever been to me personally was a female forum mod (not at TSD of course). Go figure.

newboots

Angel Diva
“Snow Tires Guy” brought to mind Pugski. On that forum, there is nobody pestering others about getting snow tires. Rather, there are entire (and long) threads about which snow tires, for which vehicles, under what conditions.

And yes, that’s threads. Plural.

@ski diva - we are so happy you started the site! Save us from Everybody’s-a-Jerry Guy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gilly1965