• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Sweet 16, Go Xavier!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not much of a college basketball fan but my Alma Mater, Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio just made the sweet 16 by beating Purdue.

Now they play West Virginia whose coach, Bob Huggins, used to be at the University of Cincinnati! :laugh:

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Xavier is in Ohio, of course we have to root for them!!

<I'm not a huge college bb fan either, but I have two brackets this year, and I have Xavier playing Kansas!>

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The tournament is always more fun when you can root for someone. A few years ago, my brother's alma mater made it in for its first (I think) appearance, against my then boyfriend's arch-rival. And wouldn't you know, the brother's alma mater pulled off the upset!

This year, though, my bracket is already decimated. I am right now second to last in a pool of 40! :(

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not doing bad, I'm holding my own. I don't follow basketball, just take a huge leap when it comes to picks. I'm also the only woman playing along at my bf's work, and at my work.

So far, I'm doing better than half the guys--last year, I won... hehhe...

We all rooted for Kent State this year, poor guys. We were so happy to see them get in <I grew up in Kent, and again, you have to root for teams that are close, you just have to!> and then they got crushed!

Oh well! It's all in good fun.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My soon-to-be-ex husband is a HUGE X fan (he's from cincy, his dad went there, but we both went to Miami), so I started cheering for them by association. Except when they play Miami, of course!

I haven't been paying much attention to basketball this year (too much other stuff going on), but I'll cheer for X anytime, especially vs. Huggins (or as he is known to Miami fans, Chuggy-bear)!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I spent most of my 20's and early 30's on XU's campus. After I got my Bachelor's degree I went to night school and got a Master's then did some post graduate work. My ex also went to Xavier and we were married at Bellarmine chapel.

That was so many years ago! :eek:

I also went to Miami, I spent my freshman year there. I loved that campus, so beautiful.

Solincia, I didn't get to the Kent area when I lived in Cincy but I do remember the shootings at Kent state. My ex had just joined the National Guard and was in basic training.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly