• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Steamboat Restaurant Recommendations?

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Women's ski trip to Steamboat first week in March. Can anyone recommend restaurants -- in town or on the mountain. Thanks! Julia

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a pretty spectacular meal last year at bistro c.v., in town. Creekside is great for breakfast. Cafe Diva is supposed to be wonderful but I have never eaten there.

On the mountain, we ate at Four Points Lodge, which was delicious as far as that goes; they focus on fresh, healthy food as opposed to your basic ski hill burgers. I had salmon.

abc

Banned
Cafe Diva has good food. But finding a seat is a challenge, unless you're willing to sit at the bar.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, Cafe Diva is really popular, so if you decide you want to eat there make a reservation. I liked it okay-- the service was really good and the server was very knowledgable about the menu, but the food is not really my type or taste. I would go back though if I was with other people who wanted to go there.
I like Mazzola's for casual Italian food.
I also like La Montana for Mexican and Fiesta Jalisco.
Rex's is another one--not on the mountain or downtown---it's in the Holiday Inn. They have a casual and eclectic menu.
On the mountain Slopeside is good for apres or a quick lunch. If you want a more leisurely lunch one day, go to Hazie's and enjoy the view if it's a clear day.

abc

Banned
It shows how everyone's got a personal taste!

I tried Mahogany twice. Was...well UNDER-whelmed.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Thanks for all the suggestions. We have a condo and some of us (not me!) are good cooks so we will cook some. Will try out some of your suggestions and report back. Looks like Steamboat is getting a lot of snow. Maybe wetter than normal but that works out to be a good base for the powder we are hoping to get in March!

Any other recommendations about Steamboat are also welcome.... We are definitely doing the Strawberry Fields hot springs!

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mazzolas was very good. Go later, or you're going to feel like you took a wrong turn into the grade-school cafeteria. VERY VERY VERY family-friendly, this place is. We had dinner one night at Bistro CV and it was amazing. Might be more the "romantic" trip rather than the "large group of buddies" trip. We also had dinner one night at Hazies, which was incredible. We also did that Haymaker sleigh ride, and my husband is still raving about it. The sleigh ride was really different from what I'm used to in New England - I'm used to sleighing in the forest, and this was on the floor of the valley, but watching the sunset from the sleigh was really something special, and the dinner was also very good. Next time we go, we are definitely going to check out the snowcat dinner at the Four Points Lodge.

Slopeside gets a lot of buzz for the apres scene - and it is definitely lively (very loud). The food, however, is god-awful. We ate there twice, and with three adults dining we had six totally different meals, and every one of them was Terrible. Their website says "best food on the mountain" but they don't say which mountain. My buddy is still having nightmares about the Slopeside nachos. Go there for the buzz, do yourself a favor, stick to beer. Even the bar food was unspeakably bad.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
Thanks for all the tips. Slopeside = stay away. We don't really like the loud scene. We like to talk too much! Hope you are all having great ski seasons. I am working today at Beech Mtn. in NC and it was -7 degrees this am. BRRRRRR! Good skiing though. Hoping for some "real" snow....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna