• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Spotty Trip Report from Mammoth June 13

mustski

Angel Diva
somewhere I saw a sunscreen spray for hair! google?
Yeas, I have used that . It's more for protecting your hair ( and it's chemical enhancements) from sun damage than for protecting the scalp from sun damage. Personally I found conditioner worked just as well at protecting the hair from the sun, but if you get a burned scalp it will take sunscreen or a hat.

On that note, I'm considering ditching the helmet in July but I'm terribly superstitious. Having just taken up wearing a helmet barely a year ago, I am certain I will crash and die if I ditch it for a day! :snow:

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Yeas, I have used that . It's more for protecting your hair ( and it's chemical enhancements) from sun damage than for protecting the scalp from sun damage. Personally I found conditioner worked just as well at protecting the hair from the sun, but if you get a burned scalp it will take sunscreen or a hat.

On that note, I'm considering ditching the helmet in July but I'm terribly superstitious. Having just taken up wearing a helmet barely a year ago, I am certain I will crash and die if I ditch it for a day! :snow:

Pat, does your helmet have removable vents? I took mine out today and was not bothered by the helmet. I know you feel differently about helmets, but you should wear it. There are still out of control crazies out here.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You will never catch me skiing w/o a helmet. I've used one since about 1992 and would feel naked w/o it. Lots of helmets have removable ear flaps. I'm confused why none of the pics show ladies w/o the ear flaps. Are you worried about your ears getting burned? And definitely open all the vents.

mustski

Angel Diva
I skied for my whole life without a helmet! Yep, this is my first full season wearing one. The vents don't help. The thing is still too damn hot! It's great in cold weather though!

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I got a helmet after my Dad was hit and by another skier, that hit shortened his life due to the brain bleed. I immediately got a helmet and now I can not ski w/out (or ride a bike) With just sunglasses on there's plenty of air blowing thru and I can take it off on the lift rides if needed. Many call them 'brain buckets' for a good reason.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I skied for my whole life without a helmet! Yep, this is my first full season wearing one. The vents don't help. The thing is still too damn hot! It's great in cold weather though!
Do you have removable ear flaps? Also some helmets are lighter, lower profile than others.. my smith is lighter lower profile than my giro

Jenny

Angel Diva
Don,t get me wrong, Michigan can be glorious, but not on the west side, in the winter, if it's sun you're after.

People have laughed at me in the past when I'm busy exclaiming how wonderful it is to ski in the sun. They don't understand how rare it is here.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We just wear dark sunglasses when we brood.
:rotf:

People have laughed at me in the past when I'm busy exclaiming how wonderful it is to ski in the sun. They don't understand how rare it is here.

Oh, I can imagine. I went to college in Syracuse, NY, which weather-wise is basically Seattle only really, really cold with a 99% chance of sideways precipitation frim October to April.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:rotf:

Oh, I can imagine. I went to college in Syracuse, NY, which weather-wise is basically Seattle only really, really cold with a 99% chance of sideways precipitation frim October to April.

[waving] Another Syracuse grad here! Vermont has pretty much the same weather. It's rare when we get to ski in the sun.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
I don't know how to take off the ear flaps! I gave it a quick look and it wasn't very apparent so I gave up. Would have helped!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly