• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Spotty Trip Report from Mammoth June 13

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, how did you like the Santa Ana 93s? Next year's version, I'm assuming?
I miss Mammoth. It really is a glorious mountain!
Get up to Bode if you can. It's truly a step back in time, with everything so well preserved!

mustski

Angel Diva
We will arrive back in Mammoth today and plan to ski tomorrow. @SallyCat I'll send you a text later, but do you want to meet at chair 3 at 8:30?

Anyone else who happens to be on the mountain also!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, how did you like the Santa Ana 93s? Next year's version, I'm assuming?
I miss Mammoth. It really is a glorious mountain!
Get up to Bode if you can. It's truly a step back in time, with everything so well preserved!

I liked the SAs a lot; they were stable & powerful yet playful and held an edge really well. I was only on them for a few hours hey reminded me a lot of a ski I already have: the Soul Rider. The SRs are a bit wider (97) and I think softer, and I've been LOVING them in spring snow.

Thanks for the tip; I'll check out Bode!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bodie is a day trip, and worth it. The dirt/gravel road out there after the turnoff isn't too bad. Very interesting, lots of photo ops. As you drive north from Mammoth along 395, take the turnoff for the Mono Lake South Tufa, before you get to the actual Mono Lake Visitor Center (whose gift shop and views are very browse-worthy), because the South Tufas offer a short walk around great formations and briny smelly smell of Mono Lake.

I find it fascinating that Mono Lake & the Great Salt Lake in Utah are on similar latitudes, both are land-locked salt bodies of water.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Check the status for Bodie before going. Earthquakes in the area last December caused reduction in services that is still in effect. They advise you take plenty of water with you. Public restrooms are closed; outhouses (port-a-potties?) are available.

I do not know if this has affected access to any of the sights. I was planning to go there this year but delayed to get a better report once the summer traffic increased.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
w
Yeah I was thinking about skis as well. I'll probably bring my old ones as well. I do have an extra pair of rock skis if anyone needs some for July.
I'

I'm trying to avoid bringing any.. what are your rock skis? My boot BSL is 287. any chance yours would work? thanks

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They are older womens rossi b2s. 160 I think. NO idea what the bindings are set at but I'm a size 9 so somewhere around there,

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They are older womens rossi b2s. 160 I think. NO idea what the bindings are set at but I'm a size 9 so somewhere around there,

wonder if we could make them work. I'll go look at bls charts.
if not, I'll bring my elysians and they'll be my new rock skis.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
just checked the Mt. seems they'd take my $$ for a premium rental at the main base. not sure if they really are renting. when it gets closer I'll call and will probably just bring my boots way easier than dragging the sport tube around.. :-)

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The videos were interesting; the website was, too!

Aw, thanks. It's just an anonymous outlet for my writing about education. It's unsafe to write under my own name because, sadly, the field of education tends to be hostile to critical thought about certain topics (ed-tech, the AP program, etc.). So I keep things on the down-low.

Oops, I hijacked. Skiing is still awesome at Mammoth and I've met and skied with some lovely and awesome Divas!

mustski

Angel Diva
Skiing was still good today as was the coverage. @nopoleskier My BSL is a 297 which isn't close enough. I don't have rock skis- everything goes out if it's what I want!

@SallyCat Twin Lakes was beautiful this afternoon. If you haven't been over, you should hit it. It's a fairly easy bike ride. The waterfall is raging!
IMG_1467.JPG
I can't figure out why this is sideways. I tried flipping it in my phone but same issue. Can a mod fix this for me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna