• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

soccer world cup

3VSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are any of you girls interested in the football world cup?
It's not actually my thaang but I'm with DH who is watching the England - USA match while I'm planning next season's skiing. I was just wondering if it's a big thing for any of you guys?

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I wouldn't call it a big thing for me, but I do enjoy watching it. I caught most of the first half of USA-ENG while running on the treadmill at the Y today, then got home in time for the second half. I remember several years ago, waking up to watch a USA game at 3 or 4 am or something ridiculous like that. :p

Bing

Angel Diva
In Toronto it's a HUGE thing - everyone has flags on their cars of the country that they are cheering for.

Me, I'm cheering for Holland.

HUP HOLLAND HUP !!!

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's big here in Australia. They're flying the Soceroos flag and have large scale TVs set up in the middle of the cities for everyone to watch, even the 4.30 am matches. The Aussies don't mind that they got trounced, they're just really happy to be in the World Cup.

I'd follow it if I could be near a TV. I hate league games, but the World Cup has top quality matches and I love the do or die pressure to perform. It makes for exciting viewing. So, I hope England does well ............... I have heard that Burma is a big soccer nation and that they turn the electricity generators back on when there's a good match - so who knows I might see the finals in a strange location. If it's UK or USA I'll be making a special effort.

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Its not really a BIG thing here but I do enjoy watching when I can. Unfortunately most of the live games are on while Im sleeping or at work! :smile:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes! Great sports day ... crazy tennis match, too, and tonight is Rockies/Red Sox.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna