• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

So what's your quiver like NOW?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
We had a thread a long time ago where we talked about the skis that made up our respective quivers -- but it was so long ago that I hardly think it's relevant anymore.

So I thought we needed a new one.

I'll go first. Here are the skis I've had this season. Yes, I love them all:

Nordica Hell's Belles -- 2014. No, they don't make these anymore; instead, they've been incorporated into the Wild Belle line. The HB are 90 mm underfoot, and I think they're a great all around ski: fine on the hard pack, yet able to float well on ungroomed terrain, bust through the spring crud, and take you into the powder. An easy to turn, fun ski for just about any conditions.

Atomic Elysian
-- 2014. 95 mm underfoot. An older member of the Vantage line, the Elysian is a twin tip, which makes it an absolute blast to ski. Easy-peasy to turn, lots of energy, and able to handle just about anything! Don't ski behind me, though; the turned up tail shoots up snow like nobody's business. I usually bring these out west.

Blizzard Viva X 8.0
-- 2016, 81 mm underfoot, a great frontside ski that's terrific on the hard pack. Quick, lively, and hard charging. Very stable at speed. Definitely my stiffest, beefiest ski.

Head i.Supershape Rally Era 3.0
-- 2014, 76 underfoot. A friend of mine gave me these like-new barely-used skis because they were too short for him, and am I glad he did. This is a real ripper that's super fun on the groomers. Very responsive, but you have to stay on top of it!

Renoun Z-77
-- 2016. 77 mm underfoot. I've had these on long-term loan from the company this year, and they are truly amazing! The Renouns have a special polymer in the core that reacts immediately to conditions at hand, making the ski stiffer when conditions are hard, and softer when they're, well, softer. It's a game changer. You can see my review of it here.

So what about you?

Last edited:

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Rock skis- 2010 Non Rockered Atomic Heaven's Gate (70 under foot) Awesome fast carvers for Eastern skiing. I bought 2 pair when rocker came out because I didn't like the tip flap many skis had this winter I finally replaced them with :

My Go fast Ripper ski-2016 Atomic Cloud 11's 71 under foot.Perfect for eastern carvers made for women who want to go fast and lay rail road tracks. doesn't like to be skidded, not for the timid.

My Go West Fat Ski- 2014 Atomic Elysian- Ditto what Ski Diva Said- They were perfect at Whistler this week in 8-10" of Powder on the Glacier :-)

Mid Fat Ski- 2014 Blizzard Black Pearl 88 under foot- perfect for spring bumps, western powder but not enough 'umph" for over 8" of snow-

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh boy.

In order of waist width -

Blizzard Viva 8.0s - my first front side oriented ski in years. It makes groomer days a lot more fun.

Scott The Ski (90mm) - I was going to sell these, but fortunately hadn't sold them yet when I busted my knee. They were a really great rehab ski - soft, friendly, forgiving. Now I have a dilemma - keep them around as rehab skis, or sell them?

Nordica Santa Ana (100mm) - When I asked for a playful crudbuster two seasons ago, @SnowHot and others pointed me to this ski. It immediately became my go-to ski for the rest of the season. I think this was the last full-MSRP ski that I bought. While I don't regret it, I now have every intention of sticking to the plan and learning the art of patience.

Line Celebrity 100 - These are my "comfortable house shoe" skis, so I put Fritschi bindings on them so that I could use them for touring. Easy like Sunday morning, much like The Ski. But entirely too heavy for the uphill slog, and twin tips make it a real pain to A-frame the skis on my pack. If I ever get my AT boots comfortable enough and find myself touring regularly, these will be replaced with something lighter, a flat tail, and probably some tech bindings.

DPS Zelda Foundation 106 - I demo'd these skis last May, and they inspired so much confidence that I got myself into a bit of trouble and had to take a sled ride. As I writhed in agony, I told SnowHot, "I get first dibs!" And she gave me first dibs. And I bought them, wondering if they could possibly be as confidence-inspiring as I remembered. .. They are.

Nordica La Nina (113mm) - After I decided I wanted something wider than the Santa Ana on powder days, I noticed that a couple of ripper friends really loved the Santa Ana's big sister. So I found new old stock for a good deal, and they instantly became my new daily driver for the rest of last season. These perform surprisingly well on hardpack and porpoise joyfully through two feet of snow. Really, I don't think I need anything wider than these. And yet ...

Fat-ypus V-Rock (126mm) - Identical to the I-Rock. A lightweight powder ski with traditional camber mid-ski. I bought these just before I blew out my knee, and just had the bindings mounted this week. We'll see if I get a chance to ski them this season. These are my last ditch attempt at a fat powder ski. I have had two pairs of this width that were heavy and fully rockered, and they wore me out. I know a lot of people who love this ski, and ski them in a lot more conditions than you'd expect. I got these at a great price, and I like supporting local companies - Fat-ypus is based in Breckenridge. If they don't work out - I'll be perfectly happy on my La Ninas.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
2011 Blizzard Black Pearls - my first new skis in a long time, I still dig them.
2012 Dynastar Exclusive Legend Idyll - I wanted a narrower ski than the BPs, heck to be honest I wanted a quiver. I like these a lot but made the sad mistake of buying them too short.
2013 Blizzard Viva 8.0s - purchased to remedy the too-short Dynastars, they're ok. Maybe I'll ski the Dynastars anyway this year.

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Hart Lady Hart Twin Tips - 176cm / 85mm. Bought in 2008, still my daily driver. I originally put Marker Griffon's on them, but now with tele bindings. Will need to replace them someday and I will be very sad when that day comes

Volkl Kiku - 178cm/ 10?mm (I forget exactly). Bought in 2014 for powder. They are ok in true powder but excellent in deep, cut up snow or crud. I love them in anything other than super hardpack. When there is nothing to bite into they are tough for me since they are rockered and a bit harder to get on edge due to the width. But I could use them as a daily ski if I had to. When I travel I like to bring the Kikus and the Twin Tips.

Volkl Aura - 170cm/95mm. Ummm 2009? The white ones. They changed my life when I bought them, and I'll be forever grateful to them (and you ladies for the advice). These days I find them a bit short and honestly I don't like the bindings I put on them, so they are sort of rock skis I guess. I haven't skied them this season.

Volkl Amaruq - 177 / 87mm (I think). Light-ish skis that I have for touring. I have custom skins for them and tele bindings - my first tele ski in fact. But, uh, I have not yet ever used them to skin up. It is a popular thing to do around here so someday I really want to. As for downhill, they are not bad, but a bit soft so not my favorite for that. Topsheet is wonderful, so they look good in the garage. Hopefully will start to use them more in the coming years.

Hart Attack - 173cm/~65mm?. Bought at the same time as the Lady Harts for next to nothing. I took them out once and HATED them. But the patriotic topsheet is great so for years now they stand in the corner of my living room as decoration and get lots of great comments, so they serve their purpose

K2 Burnin' Luvs - 160cm/??mm. System bindings. Bought in 2007 I think, first skis I ever bought and were perfect for me at the time, and helped me to improve very quickly. I really loved them. I haven't skied them in maybe 9 years, and I can't say I ever will ski them again, but they are in the garage. I should probably sell or donate them to someone.

Last edited by a moderator:

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
2011 Zag Gold(181/93 14m) my rock skis and still lots of fun.A ludicrous shovel but stiff with lots of camber with a small radius is the reason they ended up as rock skis(ie the skis you actually end up skiing much more than others)
2011 Volkl Tigershark (168/74/14.8m)I still love these the most especially as my skiing has improved
2015 Scott the Ski(181/92/18m) A fun ski,I can ski them quite fast,get them into short or long turns but they are delaminating and I'm falling out with my local shop about it.They are a quite good OSQ for travelling(unless you're off to Japan!)
2015 Rossi Savory Surfy(180/106/17m) and easy. They are my touring set up and do see use on powder days in resort-mostly our Canterbury club fields.

Funny though,I skied with Katy Perrey a few times last month and she just skied the same skis(I think they were Nordicas around 74-78 width, and looked quite beefy) and she happily skied crud,chop,heavy powder,moguls etc. Having spent most of the last 60 days skiing on either 74 or 93 width skis I'm questioning the need to go fatter.Guess the answer to that question comes on a deep and light powder day(which we never get in NZ!)

Jilly

Staff member
Rossi Attraxion 12's. my rock/teaching skis
Rossi Hero Elite ST Carbon - daily driver
Rossi Temptation 88's - my out west skis. And they are on their way out.....not liking them anymore.

Soon - Atomic Vantage 95W

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Volkl Burnin' Luvs - 160cm/??mm. System bindings. Bought in 2007 I think, first skis I ever bought and were perfect for me at the time, and helped me to improve very quickly. I really loved them. I haven't skied them in maybe 9 years, and I can't say I ever will ski them again, but they are in the garage. I should probably sell or donate them to someone.

Are you sure these are Volkl and not K2?

Love your comment about the Hart Attack graphics. I may do the same with my The Skis, ultimately. So pretty!

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After a period of child-like enthusiasm and a roving eye for skis, I finally calmed down and managed to end up with a nice quiver that should serve me well for a long time. Now I can save money for lift tickets and good beer! :smile:

2017 Volkl RTM 84. 177cm
. They rip on firm groomers and they're really fun in softer snow, too. I was in love by the second run when I demoed these. Wow!

2016 Nordica Soul Rider 177cm. 97mm waist. Fun and playful in soft snow. I picked these up heavily discounted because I wanted something easy and playful for spring snow, which I really enjoy. Turns out they are great for east coast spring skiing, because they have nice edge hold and are fun to carve when the snow firm in the morning; they are floaty and playful in the soft afternoon mush. Tbh, I have demoed more skis this year, and if I were to make the spring-ski choice again, I might look at the Line Supernatural 92 or one of the Atomic Vantages, but I'm super happy "slarving" around on the Soul Riders.

2016 ON3P Jessie 86 170cm This is a center-mount twin-tip that I bought because I was enchanted with terrain parks and wanted to learn to ski backwards and hit boxes, and I didn't want to ruin the bases of my everyday skis. They were the first ski I ever demoed, and I liked them, though I had absolutely zero experience with which to evaluate them. I love Portland, where they are made, and all things otherwise equal, figured I'd support a growing company. Plus the graphics are really nice. Now that I know more and ski a lot better, I can say that these are really fun skis and they seem solidly built. I'm obviously not hitting rails all day like some kid, but I do make a lot of dumb mistakes, and they don't show any wear or damage. They have good edge hold, a crazy amount of tip and tail rocker, and I feel rad when I use them. :becky: I don't ski them all that much, but I do plan to keep working on some modest park skills, so I'm glad I have them.

marzNC

Angel Diva
After a few years of having an all-mountain OSQ that was 75mm underfoot, I settled on the idea of having a pair of skis for the Mid-Atlantic and a second pair for trips out west. I'm petite, older, advanced, skiing >30 days a season with >20 days out west. Demo'ing for a few years lead to:

Blizzard Black Pearls (2012), 159cm, 88 underfoot, R17 - good on soft snow, either powder, packed powder, or during spring skiing. Plan to keep them as rock skis or for driving trips to the northeast.

Head Absolut Joy (2015), 148cm, 78 underfoot, R11 - general purpose mostly for Mid-Atlantic groomers and short sections of bumps, also for trips to the northeast. Great for improving technique working with a very experienced instructor at my home mountain.

Starting looking for new skis for trips out west last season. Had a few candidates based on demo days in recent years. End result was unexpected and based on being introduced to Stöckli skis at the Whitetail demo day last season. Even with a little discount buying demo skis, cost twice as much as any skis I've ever bought but I expect to be using them for a long time to come.

Stöckli Stormrider 85 Motion (2017), 159cm, 128-85-110, R13.5m, rocker-camber-flat - very responsive and stable in all sorts of snow conditions and at any speed. Great on firm groomers and bumps. No experience in powder yet.

mustski

Angel Diva
My quiver is small compared to most, but it covers all my needs.

Volkl Aura 2012 - still my most beloved ski. I ski conditions that change from fast, slick corduroy to slushy slop on a regular basis and the Auras excel at all that. I love carving them through cream cheese. I know they are not carvers, but damn those babies can definitely lay down some tracks. I also love them in dust on crust because they surf it and grab it.

Nordica Hells Belles 2014 at 90 mm underfoot, these are my frontside skis. I don't ski the east so I don't need anything narrower and I love that these gals are super responsive. I rarely get a chance to ski off piste, but I completely trust them in all but powder.

Volkl Ones 2015 at 106 underfoot, Bob bought these for me as powder boards. I have only had the chance to ski them once (I've been unlucky) but I'm hoping for another chance in April. They were great in powder as expected. What surprised me was how well they skied on the groomer runs needed to travel from area to area on the mountain. They were no work at all.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@mustski love the Ones! Rode them them today ;) but fyi they are 116. And I agree they rock on the groomers! lol.

I have too many skis...
Slowly transitioning some to DD.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My quiver is small compared to most, but it covers all my needs.

My husband just shook his head as I agonized this morning about which pair of skis to use. His one pair covers 98% of situations. The remaining 2% are epic powder days and days when he needs a backup pair because his primaries are damaged.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 3 pairs, but have only used my brand new Head Great Joys this season! There's been enough fresh snow that I haven't needed to use a purely hard pack ski. My other two skis are the Nordica Olympia Conquer, which I bought in 2012. They are great on hard pack and for going fast, but they're heavy, which is why I wanted a new ski (back problems). I also have a pair of Rossignol Saltos from 2001 sitting in my garage. Haven't used those since I got the Conquers. I'm going to try to keep the Great Joy as my OSQ, although there are other skis I'd love to own.

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Not too many skis here...but I love them both!

2013 Volkl Kenja - 88mm. this is my early season and late season ski for the groomers. This was my first real ski that I bought and I still really love it. Good for any conditions - but a little too stiff for me in bumps.

2017 Nordica Santa Ana - 100 mm. This has been my go-to ski for almost the whole season with all of the snow we have been getting here. I love it - it's playful, fun, great in chop and bumps. I love it for the Rockies, and see no reason to go wider than this ski.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where's the drool emoji when we need one?

Note to self: any time my SO gives me a hard time about quiver envy, I must show him this thread...especially @bounceswoosh's lineup! ##jealous##

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not too many skis here...but I love them both!

2013 Volkl Kenja - 88mm. this is my early season and late season ski for the groomers. This was my first real ski that I bought and I still really love it. Good for any conditions - but a little too stiff for me in bumps.

2017 Nordica Santa Ana - 100 mm. This has been my go-to ski for almost the whole season with all of the snow we have been getting here. I love it - it's playful, fun, great in chop and bumps. I love it for the Rockies, and see no reason to go wider than this ski.

Are we in the running for smallest quiver right now? :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna