• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snow!

mustski

Angel Diva
Aaah! Mount Bachelor is still so high on my bucket list! We were planning to hit it this winter until Diva West was announced for Mammoth. Next season for sure.

Christy

Angel Diva
Our mountains got a dusting last night too. There was rain all over western WA and was our first significant (there were 2 days with .01") precip since mid-June. How about this forecast? It won't last of course but this should help with fires!

...WINTER STORM WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FOR THE CASCADES OF PIERCE AND
LEWIS COUNTIES ABOVE 5000 FEET FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY
MORNING...

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...A total of 8 to 14 inches are possible by
late Tuesday morning.

* SOME AFFECTED LOCATIONS...Paradise on Mount Rainier and Chinook
Pass.

* TIMING...The heaviest snow is expected to fall tonight.

* SNOW LEVEL...Near 5500 feet, lowering to near 5000 feet early
Tuesday.

newboots

Angel Diva
...WINTER STORM WATCH NOW IN EFFECT FOR THE CASCADES OF PIERCE AND
LEWIS COUNTIES ABOVE 5000 FEET FROM THIS EVENING THROUGH TUESDAY
MORNING...

Okay, rooting for the snow to put out the fires! Wet, deep snow ought to do a good job of that!

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay, rooting for the snow to put out the fires! Wet, deep snow ought to do a good job of that!
It's funny last week we had both severe fire weather AND severe winter storm warning alerts for the same areas on the same days. We got snow, it seemed like the fires should have been done, but once the sky cleared we had snow capped peaks with smoke still coming up even into the snowline. It was pretty neat looking actually. I kept meaning to take a photo as I had been taking photos of this fire from my deck as it progressed almost daily. It's snowing up there again, nasty storm moving in so I probably won't get to document both snow and fire together, but in most ways that is a good thing.

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Even at the base level (the time stamp is wrong: it should be 8/18, 7 pm):

sunrisehome-1.jpg

We did start to get some reports that more of the firefighters are coming back home, so yay. None of the ski areas were damaged, I think, but it may be a matter of time if the climate trends keep up.

Any other webcams with new snow?

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mt. Hood Timberline Lodge:

lodge.jpg

Rain is forecast for this weekend, so most of this will be gone before the base starts to build.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna