• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

SkiA Sweetspot Trainer

mustski

Angel Diva
I did use it this summer a bit, along with hip and calf stretches. I started out much stronger than usual this season- then again, I skied until the end of July. Since I have never used anything in isokation, it’s hard to say what works.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Bumping because I just got mine, and read through this thread after my first use.
Green blocks.

Notes in line with all the comments, I think:
1) I definitely felt like the balance point was further back than I would have thought… leaning my shins against the front of my boot made me wobble quite a bit. Work to do, I guess.
2) I am also using it to find hot spots in my new boots and pack out the liner a bit more actively than just sitting
3) First standing: my legs were super wobbly. I almost fell 3x
4) I stood up with a better focal point and more focus on using my core and I did much better - I would say the biggest value may be the reminder to tighten that core for good balance in the legs - I forget
5) when I engaged my core, I felt the rest of my body get into the more natural state that it takes me to achieve separation when going down the hill…so I guess that is good? My shoulders could drop and my hips were much looser.

I do see value in using the blocks to focus the brain on the balance effort and the core strengthening/reminding.

FWIW, I was lifting 8/9 year old soccer players on my foot with side and rear leg lifts this morning so it’s possible that the combo of this and that will have killed my ability to move my legs tomorrow.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I should use mine, but I've been hesitant (lazy) as getting into my custom fit boots takes great effort and time (they fit like a glove, but getting in and out is an aerobic exercise on its own.

Excuses excuses.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I should use mine, but I've been hesitant (lazy) as getting into my custom fit boots takes great effort and time (they fit like a glove, but getting in and out is an aerobic exercise on its own.

Excuses excuses.
When I first got mine, I had relatively new boots and old boots that were easier to put on. I used the SkiA Sweetspot with the old boots for a year or two. Only was using it during pre-season in any case.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna