• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Divas' Other interests

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just did my first triathlon today. It was so much fun. I plan to do more this summer.
yoga, mountain biking, running, camping, travel

Congratulations! You should pop into our triathlon threads, we have quite a few triathletes here!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Congrats to all the tri-athlete divas. I'm not one (not at the moment anyhow as sore shoulder would make swimming tough), but our two daughters are training for one in early July.

I do yoga year round (I feel it basically saves my life). Out of ski season, I hike a lot, bike a fair amount, and do whatever else I can to keep fit during summer.

I also read a lot and belong to two book groups (plus volunteer at our local library), and have taken up painting in the past several years. I'd never even drawn in the past so am still feeling like a newbie, but just LOVE it. And I'm getting happier with what I'm producing. Next will be to gather the confidence to actually put some of my work on display. (Scary thought!)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:bump:Since off season is either here or fast approaching, I thought I'd bump this up. What are your off season interests?

Specific plans, we're taking a 10 day trip to northern UK this summer, seeing Disturbed at an outdoor concert in July and volunteering at a downhill mountain bike race at Mount Snow. I would like to try stand up paddle boarding this summer. Also plan to take the local ferry to Port Jefferson, New York and peruse the shops and have lunch. Looking forward to hitting Newport, Rhode Island for some boogie boarding and eating/drinking downtown. In general we have a little garden going love the local farmers markets for supplements for what we don't grow, outdoor concerts, weekend road trips in my Jeep, there's a couple country fairs in CT that we like.

I make brunch and mimosa most sundays so when we aren't out and about you will usually find us here eating, drinking and chilling on a lazy summer sunday.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Stand up paddleboarding, running and training for half marathons, maintaining a vegetable and multiple perennial gardens, riding my bike to local Mennonite food stands, doing geology field work with DH in Utah, reading lots of books, dinner at a new restaurant every few weeks with girlfriends, playing with my dogs, hanging out with DH, and celebrating the end of another school year and the commencement of a long summer break!

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Summer plans include going to the beach and a few trips to Mammoth for R&R, hiking, & cycling. Camping in Yosemite, a long weekend exploring Portland or Seattle, or a fall trip to New England sound like fun.

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I own a gardening business, so I will be surrounded by flowers until almost ski season. We are planning some cycling on mountain and city trails, hiking, a little golf and some time on the motorcycle.

We also just purchased another condo in Winter Park, so looking forward to spending time up there.

We live in the country, on 5 acres of ponderous pines...we spend every evening on our large deck, eating dinner, watching the wildlife, sunset and stars...I really look forward to this every summer!

Summer plans include going to the beach and a few trips to Mammoth for R&R, hiking, & cycling. Camping in Yosemite, a long weekend exploring Portland or Seattle, or a fall trip to New England sound like fun.

If you ever get out this way I'd love to meet you :smile:. Fall is THE time to come here.

altagirl

Staff member
This spring/summer, I'll be doing:
Stand up paddle boarding with my dogs.
Dog training/agility
Ballet and bellydance
Yoga/fitness classes
Mountain biking/road biking
Hiking
Swimming...
plus the usual yard work/gardening, etc. Oh - and I just signed up to be a volunteer with the U of U biology department to do bird banding - which entails going hiking for 6+ hours to help the biologists put ID bands on various birds. Depending on how I like it, I might make that something of a regular activity too.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
5 acres of ponderous pines...we spend every evening on our large deck, eating dinner, watching the wildlife, sunset and stars...I really look forward to this every summer!
I would too, it sounds lovely!

@surfsnowgirl I'd love to meet you too!:beer:

alicie

Angel Diva
Hill walking, probably a few munros and some non summit ones.
Camping, I want to do the north coast 500 at some point.
Going to Skye as usual.
A bit of cycling and swimming.
Probably quite a lot of 'gardening', mainly general tidying and spreading of gravel, with a bit of raking ground to grow grass and a planting a few pots.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Specific plans, we're taking a 10 day trip to northern UK this summer, seeing Disturbed at an outdoor concert in July and volunteering at a downhill mountain bike race at Mount Snow. I would like to try stand up paddle boarding this summer. Also plan to take the local ferry to Port Jefferson, New York and peruse the shops and have lunch. Looking forward to hitting Newport, Rhode Island for some boogie boarding and eating/drinking downtown. In general we have a little garden going love the local farmers markets for supplements for what we don't grow, outdoor concerts, weekend road trips in my Jeep, there's a couple country fairs in CT that we like.

I make brunch and mimosa most sundays so when we aren't out and about you will usually find us here eating, drinking and chilling on a lazy summer sunday.
Port Jeff is a fun little village...very crowded on nice summer weekends. It's only about an hour from me. I take the ferry to visit friends in Fairfield!

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
Summer for me is
waterskiing
kayaking
paddle boarding (my major purchase for this summer)
road biking
yoga (we have a great studio that moves to a tent/canopy in one of the vineyards ... heaven!)
walking the beach
yardwork
and hopefully an intro to dragon boating...I think I found a place that's not too far away

Port Jeff is a fun little village...very crowded on nice summer weekends. It's only about an hour from me. I take the ferry to visit friends in Fairfield!

We kept saying we were going to do it the past 2 years and then poof it's fall and we never made it to port jeff. Third times the charm right.

We live in Fairfield, small world.

Maybe we could meet up in Fairfield or Port Jeff this summer sometime.

Mary Tee

Angel Diva
We kept saying we were going to do it the past 2 years and then poof it's fall and we never made it to port jeff. Third times the charm right.

We live in Fairfield, small world.

Maybe we could meet up in Fairfield or Port Jeff this summer sometime.
Sounds like a plan!

Jilly

Staff member
I went back to see what I had posted before. Things change. I inherited a cottage on a beautiful spring fed lake here in Ontario. It's just over an hours drive. Just far enough that you don't come home because you forgot something, but far enough away to get back in a hurry if needed. All the comforts of home are there. As for sports I'm big into paddling....canoe, kayak, SUP and dragon boat. The first 3 I can do from the cottage. The last involves many friends and good times at home. Because of my knee issues, the PT are suggesting biking. I have a commuter bike at home and a cheap mountain bike at the cottage. I'll see if I can get out on it this summer. Not too much in-line anymore. Need a poke there to do some with somebody.

I was in Florida last week for a dragon boat paddling camp. I'm into summer mode now!!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Ski Squaw Valley Memorial Weekend (if there's still snow)
Hiking in Tahoe
SUP and Kayaking
Running (Ran Wharf to Wharf 10k 25 years in a row)
Mountain Biking
San Diego for 6 days in June- all you baby boomers I'm going to see Bob Dylan.
Possibly Puerto Vallarta (usually go every year)
Beach and weekly Farmers Markets here in SC
Tahoe in the fall - best time of year

Tvan

Angel Diva
I'm running three days a week, and cycling 30 mins on the stationary bike 2 days a week. Trying to work up to a 5k in the autumn, so I'm ready for ski season. Assuming we actually get one again next year.

heather matthews

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Going on a mountainbiking trip next weekend(Queen Charlotte track in the Marlborough Sounds), taking two art evening classes a week,salsa dance classes,regular trips up to Auckland to spend time with my adorable 4 month old granddaughter and totally excited about our forthcoming ski season. Woohooo!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna