• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Carry Strap for inbound/ slack/ side

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thoughts on inbound/ slack country ski straps -- I don't usually ski w/ a back pack, and everything that has a ski carry mode seems larger than I would want to deal w/ on a lift. I do have a small pack, but its not stable enough for ski carry. Looking for something for 10-15 min hikes to some inbound or side areas - thinking a strap would at least help - I found these tw0 -- any thoughts? Both offer more than just an over the shoulder strap

Both from this site: https://www.storeyourboard.com/ski-accessories/?source=category_nav~all

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the Function one - the last picture in your post. It is fantastic. Really like it. If you follow the instructions and tighten the two straps in order, your skis won't wobble around. I just keep it in one of my pant pockets at all times in-bounds. (It's bulky if you try to keep it all contained in the pouch, but if you just dedicate a pocket, it can flatten out - I've never had it get knotted up.)

marzNC

Angel Diva
I've had the Mountain Goat for a while. Used it mostly for the little hike to Catherine's at Alta when that's not groomed out. Takes a little practice to get it set up. Especially if it's windy. Small and light enough that I don't mind carrying it around in my small backpack. Can be stuffed in a pocket quickly if I don't want to take the time to put it away neatly.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you did want a pack that can carry skis, the Dakine Heli 12L is excellent (I have the women's specific version). I don't like skiing with a pack but needed something to carry skis on short hikes; it weighs practically nothing, is just big enough for spare gloves and a bit of food, and doesn't get in the way on the lift. I don't even notice it's there when I'm skiing. Also so far shows no signs of wear from a fair few days of admittedly short hikes.

Olesya Chornoguz

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you did want a pack that can carry skis, the Dakine Heli 12L is excellent (I have the women's specific version). I don't like skiing with a pack but needed something to carry skis on short hikes; it weighs practically nothing, is just big enough for spare gloves and a bit of food, and doesn't get in the way on the lift. I don't even notice it's there when I'm skiing. Also so far shows no signs of wear from a fair few days of admittedly short hikes.
I have Dakine 12L as well, really like it and I fully agree with review above.

marzNC

Angel Diva
You can also use a length of webbing tied in a loop if you have it laying around, which is what I use.
To get an idea of how to use webbing, here are pics of setting up at Aspen Highlands for hiking the Bowl. The Highlands Ski Patrol sell the straps for people who show up without anything, or want a souvenir.

https://www.skinet.com/skiing/photo-gallery/how-carry-your-skis-bootpack

Picture%207.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna