• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: Ski boots/mittens won't dry

Jilly

Staff member
Make sure you take any custom insoles, heaters and insoles. Just the liner out of the boots. If that doesn't work, there's always Febreze. I also wipe off the outside of the shell. Make them nice and pretty before they are put away.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've now read Jilly's post more closely, and it's worth being very carefully aware of what she said. She didn't say to put them in the washer; she said to put them in the sink where the water flows out of the washer.

We had that setup in the house where I grew up, but I haven't had it since. I think my front loader has a no-spin cycle that might do the same.

But ... leery. And I also wonder if it depends on the materials. I'm not sure I would try this with moldable liners like my Intuitions.

4sherms

Certified Ski Diva
I was just imagining washing in the sink. My boots are less than a year old (although have now found out that they are too big) so I'm hoping they will last a little while before getting too smelly! Appreciate the clarification!

4sherms

Certified Ski Diva
I had my Tecnica's for 5 years, about 45 days each year. No harm to my liners. Always take them out. It's your knuckles that take a beating. Like Christy I seem to get moisture between the liner and shell, so they have come out.

To 4sherms - what type of mitts are the kiddo's using. Not wool or fleece mittens I hope. Even Hot Paws are better than those.

Hi, Jilly! Kids both have a pair of Sways that go pretty far up their arms, and a pair of Gordhinis. Bought the Sways at Ken Jones in Manchester, NH and the Gordhinis were from Sports Authority before they went out of business. Pretty sure they were labeled as "ski" but I can't remember exactly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna