• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rossignol temptation 80 demo!

Zez

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Out of the blue I'm demoing! Popped into a ski shop in Tahoe and they had a pair of rossignol temptation 80s in 152cm for $275 all in. More than I wanted to spend, but we should get $150-175 for mine and my husband's old skis on Craigslist so hubby said to try. On paper they lol good for me. I'm demoing for the day to see if I like them. Wish me luck!

Great deal, good job.

:thumbsup:

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
YAAAY, I'm so glad you love them!

I've bought a pair as well, but had to buy without demoing. I took the plunge after reading so many great reviews, I hope I will love them as much as you do.

What did you like about them @Zez, and what conditions did you ski them in?

Zez

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The snow was lovely, there had been a couple of inches the night before. Perfect for me. No slush, no crud. Just smooth. I'm not very technical but I found they seemed to grip edges very well, we're more stable at speed than my beginner skis and turned so easily. I felt like I actually could ski more parallel on runs where I had been having difficulty.

Zez

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just found your thread.... They seemed to hold well on the few icy bits I found. Back to Tahoe next weekend and at Christmas. Will report back if I find ice to try them on!

I also see you're a Brit! This is our lasts season here as we're moving back to the UK next summer. I am so sad at the prospect of not being able to ski often. Is it really as hideously expensive as I fear? We had never skiied before we lived here...

Liquid Yellow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Good news about the edge hold! Have fun at Tahoe and please do report back.

Skiing when you live in the UK means one of three things: going to Scotland (worth a try if you live further north), going to indoor slopes (fridges) and dry slopes OR a trip abroad.

Trips abroad can be done on the cheap, and it's possible to do just a weekend for not that much money. Or at the other end of the spectrum you can spend tens of thousands on luxury chalets/hotels etc.

You can get a week in decent accommodation in an average resort in the Alps in a catered chalet for probably £400-£500 including flights, transfers and half board. You'd probably have to pay for a lift pass on top though.

Places like Bulgaria are super cheap, but you get what you pay for.

As with everything it all depends where you go, where you stay and WHEN you go - peak school holiday times like Christmas/New Year and Easter are much more expensive.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna