• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Rossignol S7's 168 or 178?? help :-)

Marcelina

Diva in Training
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to this forum. I'm looking to buy the Rossignol S7's but an not sure about the length. Hope someone can help me?? https://www.evo.com/outlet/skis/rossignol-s7-womens

I'm on a budget, so I'm looking to buy used powder skis. I've actually come across Rossignol S7's (2013) in both 168 AND 178 lengths for sale this week. Not sure which length is right for me. I've been skiing about 20 years, love to ski off piste, black runs (but it's hard in my current set up) I'm 150lb, and 178cm tall (5'10").

I currently ski on K2 Apaches' 169 length/67mm underfoot for the past 11 years, and I've taken then all over the mountain but always struggled on powder. I've tried taking my AT/backcountry skis inbounds a few times on deep powder days, but they are really light and were jumping all over the place in our wet West Coast snow.
Thanks for your advice :-)

marzNC

Angel Diva
+1 for 178.

I'm a lot shorter and lighter than you, older advanced skier, and ski mid-160s for powder skis. 5-10cm longer than my mid-mountain skis. My favorite place to ski out west is Alta. I rent powder skis when I get lucky since I have to fly to SLC.

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 5'8, about 150lbs and have the 178's. They ski short and are actually more of a 175; very nimble ski for the size. I thought they looked huge when I first started with them but they really ski themselves. I've been using them as a rock ski for the past week, on firm snow (well Western firm snow) and they handle it pretty well.

The men's version is identical by the way, in case you can find a better deal on those.

Marcelina

Diva in Training
Thanks, that's helpful!

I ski in various places - sometimes Whistler, sometimes in Kootneys (Red Mountain, Whitewater) Canadian Rockies (Sunshine, Lake Louise). I'm hoping to come ski in Utah one day!

Marcelina

Diva in Training
I'm 5'8, about 150lbs and have the 178's. They ski short and are actually more of a 175; very nimble ski for the size. I thought they looked huge when I first started with them but they really ski themselves. I've been using them as a rock ski for the past week, on firm snow (well Western firm snow) and they handle it pretty well.

The men's version is identical by the way, in case you can find a better deal on those.

Interesting... I actually found a men's version from 2012 but they have Marker Squire bindings and I'm not sure if those will work with my regular downhill boots. Any ideas?

MrsPlow

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Interesting... I actually found a men's version from 2012 but they have Marker Squire bindings and I'm not sure if those will work with my regular downhill boots. Any ideas?
I'm not sure if the S7 changed between 2012 and 2013 - not tried the 2012 myself. There are a couple of other threads about Marker bindings which might be worth looking at re: the binding.

CrystalRose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Marker Squire is a downhill binding so they would be compatible.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm 5'5" and S7s are my usual 'go to' ski and are 168. Marker bindings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly