• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Pretty Faces schedule & trailer

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
For everyone who supported Pretty Faces, the all-female ski movie being made by Lynsey Dyer, it's coming! It's coming!

Here's the schedule:

September 30, Boulder Theater, Boulder, CO
October 3, Roxy Theatre, Revelstoke, BC
October 4, Sturtevant’s, Sun Valley, ID
October 8, Tower Theatre in Salt Lake City, UT
October 15, Volcanic Theatre Pub, Bend OR
October 15, Roxy Theatre, Missoula, MT
October 16, The Mountaineers , SEATTLE, WA
October 17, Pink Garter Theatre, Jackson, WY
October 19, Don Thomas Sporthaus, Birmingham, MI
October 22, Portland, Oregon with EVO Gear
October 23, Outdoor Gear Exchange, Burlington, VT
October 25, Brava Theatre, San Francisco, CA
October 29, Egyptian Theatre, Boise, ID
October 30, Backcountry Essentials, Bellingham, WA
November 13th, Hadley Farms Meeting House, Hadley, MA
November 14, with WomensMovement.com, Durango, CO
November 15, Center for Contemporary Arts, Santa Fe, NM
November 16, Marriott Park City, Park City, UT
November 26, The Sitzmark at Alyeska, Girdwood, AK
December 12, South Lake Tahoe, NV
December 13, Taos Ski Valley, Taos, NM

And here's the trailer:

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pure awesomeness!!! So looking forward seeing this.

Winter is on its way!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
If you're driving 2 hours I'd go to the one in Burlington and combine it with a day at Stowe. :smile:

:carrot:

Unfortunately, that's October 23, so Stowe won't be open yet. But I could go up to Burlington, anyway.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gee, what a surprise, premiering in Boulder ;-)

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Call me cynical if you want to, but Hadley, Massachusetts? A center of ski country? 50 miles to the nearest ski area, but right in the middle of UMass country. There's a lot of skiing between there and Burlington.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I would think that Lynsey's crew is finding as many theaters as possible who are willing to screen the film for free. At least for the first tour. Getting an independent film shown in theaters is not easy. The number of locations is pretty impressive compared to other independent films that I've followed in the last few years.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought I read somewhere that the Get the Girls Out teams were scheduling the showings in their local areas. Can't find it anymore.

RuthB

Angel Diva
It's a few more hours to a venue for us down here ........

BUT, I should have my supporters copy before Christmas :becky: - Smaller screen, but who cares.

NZFarmG and Magnatude, happy to lend it to you if you want to see it - or we'll be in Wanaka the week before Christmas, maybe we should convince the movie theatre guy to show it on the big screen

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's a few more hours to a venue for us down here ........

BUT, I should have my supporters copy before Christmas :becky: - Smaller screen, but who cares.

NZFarmG and Magnatude, happy to lend it to you if you want to see it - or we'll be in Wanaka the week before Christmas, maybe we should convince the movie theatre guy to show it on the big screen
Yay I'd like to see it sometime.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nothing in Southern California? But I think I get a supporter's copy...

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
I can't believe that there aren't more shows in Canada!

marzNC

Angel Diva
The SheJumps coordinator for the southeast region lives in VA. So hopefully she'll be able to find a theater for a screening at some point.
I confirmed that there are plans to set up a screening somewhere in the DC/northern VA area after the end of year holidays. If you have any ideas for a venue, send me a PM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna