• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Pond Skimming and Costumes

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
salute-to-awesomeness.jpg

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Alright, girls. I can't figure out how to copy and paste a link on a phone, so if you'd like to see the video (and you would!), go to youtube and search 'Brooke Attempts to Pond skim at Camelback'

Enjoy!

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Wow! Just watched the video! You are awesome!!!:thumbsup::clap::thumbsup:

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was so nice meeting you! See you next year! (Hopefully ski patrol won't be bringing me down in a toboggan next time :smile: the risks of spring skiing I guess!

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wait, what??

We met up briefly yesterday, she was riding the mountain coaster with her daughter.
Apparently, after that, they headed out first run, she helped someone that yard saled...and then she caught a rock, went down , and ski patrol had to get her off the mountain! Buggered her knee up!

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks like something I thought I posted earlier didn't post after all! :smile: yes just as we were getting going again, I hit a rock under the snow, lost my footing and felt my right knee POP as I was sliding down face up with my legs beneath me. I was able to get up with helpand thought I could keep going (no obvious pain) but the second I tried to turn my knee felt like it would buckle. So I had to get a ride down. So far I haven't had pain, maybe just a little swelling but it's hard to tell. The knee still does feel unstable and weak and I'm going to try to get an appointment with the doctor tomorrow to get it checked out. I'm really bummed as it was literally our first run of the day.

Oh well. I really hope it's just a sprain of some sort. And not ACL related or otherwise. My daughter did enjoy the ride down with me :smile:

Oh no @Peaheartsmama Hope you are better soon.

@BrookeK I sent you the link by PM, just cut and paste if you want. You are brave, awesome and you did great!!!

SheSki

Certified Ski Diva
What's odd is that once I was out, I pulled off the hoodie, wrapped a towel around my shoulders...and I wasn't cold. I should have been teeth chattering, but I felt rather refreshed.
Ahh, I love the feel of adrenaline in the morning :thumbsup:
Congrats on going for it! We had ours yesterday and I was 50/50 on doing it but the pond was much longer this year and ultimately decided I didn't want to deal with wet boots. Yeah, I had no confidence I'd make it all the way. I have my boots dialed in perfectly and I'm afraid skiing and walking in them soaking wet would screw them up. Or at least that was my excuse....
DS made it across twice though so we still represented :ski2:

Mount Snow had their pond skim on saturday. It was easter weekend so we had 2 Jesus's and a Mary who didn't drop the baby in her skim. Jesus #1 didn't make it across the water, #2 did :smile: So fun, wish I had the guts to do it. It was a warm day on saturday so thinking not making it across the water wasn't such a bad thing lol.

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ahh, I love the feel of adrenaline in the morning :thumbsup:
Congrats on going for it! We had ours yesterday and I was 50/50 on doing it but the pond was much longer this year and ultimately decided I didn't want to deal with wet boots. Yeah, I had no confidence I'd make it all the way. I have my boots dialed in perfectly and I'm afraid skiing and walking in them soaking wet would screw them up. Or at least that was my excuse....
DS made it across twice though so we still represented :ski2:

Can't blame you for that! I was lucky, I had a good solution. I used my.old boots and a friends skis for skimming. Afterwards, I had dry clothes and dry boots to change into, so I could keep skiing.

Took a couple of days to dry out the old boots, though. I even pulled the liners out right away (puddles in the shells!)

BrookeK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was a warm day on saturday so thinking not making it across the water wasn't such a bad thing lol.

Oh, I can pretty much guarantee that it still sucked! Instant. Shock.
Once you're out, though, probably not as bad.

I'm excited for next year. I ended up not doing a costume, so next year, I need to think of a good one!

Oh, I can pretty much guarantee that it still sucked! Instant. Shock.
Once you're out, though, probably not as bad.

I'm excited for next year. I ended up not doing a costume, so next year, I need to think of a good one!

I am sure you'll think of a great costume. I guess last year's pond skim had horrible weather. People were saying it was very cold so hitting the water would have especially sucked them.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a hideous pink 1980's vintage Tyrolia 1-piece ski suit that I snagged for $15 on the way. I hope it doesn't smell of smoke and stale beer! Retro day is coming up on the 9th and 10th.

newboots

Angel Diva
Hello divas! I found this thread. I'm going to Waterville Valley next weekend; they're having their fun day, or whatever they call it, with pond skimming. I DO NOT plan to try the pond thing! But I need help with a costume - yes, at this late date!

I don't own any parkas other than my usual, which is a lovely shade of purple. Almost everything else I own is black, it seems. What's appropriate for super cheap? My Halloween supply includes a hot pink feather boa, scrubs, and a few other assorted unhelpful non-ski things. Might have to hit the consignment shops, but they won't have much ski stuff here. Ideas? Help!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna