• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Poll: Your Shoe Size vs. Your Ski Boot Size

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Obviously there's a ton of difference in boot fit preferences, etc. Just for fun, reply below with...
My street shoes are size:
My ski boots are size:
I am a (Beg, Int, Adv, Exp) skier:​

Optional/bonus if you know it…
My BSL (boot sole length) is:
The last of my boots is:​

Last edited:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'll play!

Shoe size: 6
Boot size: 22
BSL: 266
I'm an advanced skier.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My street shoes are size: 7.5 (or 7 in wide)
My ski boots are size: 24.5
I am a (Beg, Int, Adv, Exp) skier: Int.
My BSL (boot sole length) is: 289 1/4
Last is: 104mm

Last edited:

Jenny

Angel Diva
My street shoes are size: 10 (41 European)
My ski boots are size: 25.5
I am a (Beg, Int, Adv, Exp): I'd say an advanced intermediate.
My BSL (boot sole length) is: 295​

mustski

Angel Diva
I'm an anomaly - one of the few skiers that boot fitters do put in the chart recommended mondo due to my 2 freakishly long toes on each foot .
My street shoes are size: 8.5 -9
My ski boots are size: 25
I am an advanced skier
My BSL (boot sole length) is: 294

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My street shoes are size: 6.5-8. Usually a 7.
My ski boots are size: 22
I am a (Beg, Int, Adv, Exp) skier: Advanced Intermediate, sometimes better, sometimes worse!

My BSL (boot sole length) is: 270

Christy

Angel Diva
Street shoes: 7.5 or sometimes 8
Boots: 23.5
Sole length: 276
Low to middlin' advanced skier

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Street: 8.5 to 9
Snow: 24.5
I'm an intermediate/advance skier--like contesstant, sometimes more, sometimes :yardsale:
Soul: 285
Last: 97

cityskier

Certified Ski Diva
Street shoes: 9-10 depending on brand/how the shoe is cut. My forefoot is super wide.
Ski boots: 25.5
My favorite instructor describes me as a 'solid all-mountain skier.' So I guess high intermediate?

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My street shoes are size: 7-1/2 to 8 (38-39 euro)
My ski boots are size: 24.5 (was in 23.5 for racing, radically bumped and stretched and ground, but went bigger for free skiing to avoid having a second neuroma surgery)
I am a skier: Adv-Exp

My BSL (boot sole length) is: 284
The last of my boots is: 98
Boot flex is: 120

altagirl

Staff member
My street shoes are size: 11 mostly, but some 10's or 10.5's fit if they are wide.
My ski boots are size: 26.5
I am a skier: Advanced
Boot flex is: 110

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can someone provide a size conversion table please?
I think the point is that there isn't one, or at least not an accurate one. For instance, mustski, scrapula and I all take a size 9 street shoe, but I'm in a 24.5, mustski's in a 25, and scrapula's in a 25.5!

Street shoe sizes aren't very sensitive to foot volume and shape--that is, you and I might buy the same size lace-up shoe, but if you have nice lively arches and well proportioned heels, my laces might end up having longer ends than yours because although my forefoot is very wide, my arches are flat, my heels are narrow, and my big toe nails and joints are very sensitive to pressure. You can see why I'd wear a smaller ski boot; I'd need something that would hold my mid-foot and heel firmly, and the fitter would mold or punch the boot to make room for my wide forefoot, but you'd fill out a shell that was a half or full size bigger.

I hope that makes some kind of sense!

mustski

Angel Diva
^^^ and throw in some heel lifts which take up more volume and they will sometimes go with the larger size if you are between sizes.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Shoe size 9.5 (40)
Boot size 24.5
BSL 290
Last 98
Flex 110 (+liner = 120, where I am usually happiest.. had the 130s softened a bit, but 110 wasn't enough)

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Another consideration is that custom footbeds will often "shorten" your overall foot length. It's part of the reason I am in a 22 boot. Also because I have skinny skinny skinny skinny skinny skinny feet. (Which have driven me nuts trying to fit into ANY footwear my entire life!)

Also, the Tecnica's I am in have a longer BSL than most other 22's at 270, vs. 265 or 266 for most others. So, theoretically, I am between a 22 and 23, I suppose!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna