• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Old and shabby......

snowbeach

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
but they still do the job!
Ok I've had to sew them and even glue bits closed but they keep my hands warm and dry (well most of the time!)
I think they are over 15 maybe 20 years old and I haven't lost them yet so I'm still using them!
Good value I say!
image.jpg
PS: they are Reusch -30 Gore-tex Thinsulate

mustski

Angel Diva
Yes, that is a heck of a good value. I have a pair like that. But, mine are looking so disgustingly dirty ... I feel like I need to retire them. Mine are purple also and they are still the most comfortable pair I have.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
That was a great brand!!
Still around! I see the whole line of them at local ski shop (lots of racer stuff).
Inspired by fun thread title, I photographed my circa-1977 (older than many, if not most, members here?) Grandoe all-leather mittens, purchased to replace a similar pair that got rope-tow-destroyed in my early skiing years. Obviously, they haven't seen much wear but are carefully "preserved for posterity." :becky:
ry%3D400

BlackDiamondVolkl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love those mittens!

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a pair of Grandoe mittens for.... oh about 8 years I guess? I just threw them out last year after much pressure from the husband. To be fair, the palms were almost entirely duct tape, but they were still SO warm.

Jenny

Angel Diva
New sibling came along. :becky: (okay, I was young then, but my point is, I think the majority of the ladies who have shown up at meetups have recollections of 1977)
Oh I got your point - just wanted to know the story of the hunger strike. And I, too, remember 1977. 14, braces, awkward - wish I didn't remember!

mustski

Angel Diva
1977 was my first year U of Carleton ... I'd rather forget that year. Nothing against the U - just my choices!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna