• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

News about the '17/'18 Mountain Collective Pass

Rainbow Jenny

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was financially a wash for me to buy premium Cali4nia/Mammoth vs basic Cali4nia pass + MCP this season for the 7 days at Whistler, 1 day Lake Louise and 1 day Alta. But I would much prefer the convenience of having MCP instead of having to make multiple stops At Whistler guest services since they will only load 3 days max. And staff aren't all trained to recognize premium Cali4nia pass as Mammoth season pass with MCP reciprocity. An agent tried to turn my pass away.

Unfortunately I got the worst service at Lake Louise. The staff member insisted that they did not accept my Cali4nia pass after I repeatedly told her 3 times it is valid at LL. Then she checked with her colleague/supervisor and begrudgingly processed my lift ticket. No apology, no smile. I think she was just embarrassed that she didn't know. SO's MCP process was a total breeze in comparison. It was minor inconvenience of 8-10 minutes. Didn't bother me too much since we still had a great time.

For sure will purchase MCP next year for the UT perks and wish to return to Tahoe. MM season pass for the second year in a row is up in the air...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Bought the MCP for 2017-18 last week. Bonus day at Alta per usual. Not a big deal if that means Alta only, not the combo with Snowbird. Usually only ski Snowbird one day out of a week. Easy enough to get a ride to/from Snowbird for a day or two from Alta Lodge if I'm staying there. Although hoping that upgrading to the combo will be a possibility.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Got my pass just before leaving for Whistler.. Looking forward to Alta/Snowbird/Snowbasin trip, Taos, Mammoth if timing is right, and Sugarbush on the East coast for sure.. maybe if I can Sun Valley and Jackson Hole oh too many choices I want to ski Telluride too.

Christy

Angel Diva
It's interesting to hear about some of the ways the MCP is changing things. At Sun Valley it is bringing more skiers (and riders) and these skiers are younger. The younger folks can't afford as much as the older folks, so SV is having to look at some of its pricing. I would selfishly like to keep the mountain empty; on the rare occasion we saw a snowboarder, they were a grown up and they were a beautiful rider. There's been a definite increase in young male snowboarders the past couple years. But if more younger people is going to make SV reconsider some of their pricing, it's not all bad.

We only used it at SV this winter (3x) but still came out ahead. Besides the lift tickets we got 20% to 30% off lodge prices, which was nice.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The MCP status bar has moved into NEARLY SOLD OUT as of 5/2 at $429. The last price jump was $30. Be interesting to see what the next jump will be. Usually sales continue until early July, then close until some time in August.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Posted on another Diva forum but no one responded. Reposting here if anyone might be interested:

I rec'd an email from Liftopia for being a loyal customer. I was offered a $10 towards the 2017/18 Mountain Collective Pass, must use by 5/5/2017

But I have no need for this since I already bought the MCP. If you'd like to have it, please PM.
It is an unique coupon code.

1st come, 1st serve. thanks

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just bought my pass today!!! Picked Squaw/Alpine for my third day.

Next season, I hope to hit Mammoth, Squaw/Alpine, Taos, Alta, Snowbird, Snowbasin, Lake Louise, Sunshine Village, Revelstoke, and Sugarbush!!...I know, that's a bit ambitious...

Why can't it already be next season?

Hope I get to ski with you again at Squaw (and maybe Taos) next season!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Status bar is in the middle of LIMITED STOCK as of June 8. My guess is that the $449 price will last until late June or early July.

Note that it's official that Stowe is part of the Epic Pass for 2017-18. $895 for unlimited access to all Vail resorts, $695 for Epic Local that includes 10 non-holiday days at Stowe, W-B, Vail, Beaver Creek, plus plenty of access to the other Vail ski areas.

The stand alone MAX Pass is $679 until mid-October. Covers 5 days at 44 places.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I would love an MCP. Don't know if I can afford all that travel and time off from work...
The MCP is definitely not for those who would find it difficult to ski at two or more of the MCP destinations. Although the changes in Utah seemed designed to encourage people to think about a 1-week ski vacation that would include 2 days at Alta, 2 days at Snowbird, and 2 days at Snowbasin. For those who can make a decision early on, possible to add a 7th day by choosing one of the Utah destinations for the bonus third day.

For someone who wants to spend a week at a bucket list destination, there are situations where the MCP still makes sense given the 50% discount after the included 2-3 days. For instance, if someone can plan a ski vacation that involves flying plus can make it to one destination for a weekend. Thinking about a weekend at Mammoth for someone in SoCal or Sugarbush for someone in the northeast.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The status bar has made it into NEARLY SOLD OUT as of 17Jun. I doubt sales will stay open past July 4th. Usually sales close in early July and re-open some time in August. Be interesting to see if the price increases $10 or $20 for the next stage. Pretty sure the bonus third day will be gone.

luliski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am less than 5 hours drive from Mammoth, so could do a long weekend there for sure. If I could get two separate weeks off from work, I'd fly to Taos and do their ski week. SLC is a day's drive from me. I'd pay in gas and time, but would then I'd have a car there. And I could stop in Tahoe on the way there and back! I probably should get one.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Final reminder emails were sent out today about the $449 stage. I doubt it will go past July 4. Might even end before July 1.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Final reminder emails were sent out today about the $449 stage. I doubt it will go past July 4. Might even end before July 1.
I better decide what the heck I'm doing next season....

marzNC

Angel Diva
Just about done at $449. Be interesting to see if the price goes up $10 or $20 when MCP sales start up again in August. The bonus day will certainly be gone.

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 7.17.37 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
I decided to try to get clarification about the new approach to using the MCP at Alta and Snowbird. Supposed to get 2 days at each place. In particular, I was wondering about the price for additional days at 50% of a day ticket. If I understand the answer from Customer Service, should be cheaper than before. When the MCP was equivalent to a combo Alta/Snowbird ticket, you paid 50% of a combo day ticket even if you only skied at one resort. For 2017-18, sounds like an MCP holder will pay 50% of a single resort day ticket. That means it will be cheaper to ski Alta than Snowbird since Alta lift tickets cost less.

Here’s the answer I got from MCP Customer Support.

"This season, the only 50% off lift ticket that individuals will be able to purchase is the single-day Lift Ticket at Alta or Snowbird.”

marzNC

Angel Diva
Has anyone linked initiated the MCP at Snowbird and linked a credit card? I always got the MCP set up at Alta.

Taos did not have the ability to link a credit card last season. Was a bit of a pain to have to get a day ticket for each additional day after the "free" 2 days. Helped that it was possible to get a lift ticket for the next day in the late afternoon. Could get it at the ticket windows or the season pass office next to the locker room.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The MCP for 2017-18 is back on sale. Price went up $20 to $469. Folks in Australia and New Zealand should be happy. Niseko United was added as a destination.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna