• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: New Warren Miller Movie

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
@VickiK, we will probably see it in Newport Beach with Bill and his wife. Though she doesn't ski, she enjoys Warren Miller movies. We usually go out to a way too expensive dinner afterwards. I guess she tolerates the movie to have a really nice dinner. :beer: (Not beer, but fine wine; you get the idea).

Of course, we always say that if the skiing is good at Mammoth, all bets are off. I mean, would you rather be skiing, or watching a movie about skiing? That's why we never take advantage of offers for early discount tickets.

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I used to see the Warren Miller Movie in Burlington, VT every year when I lived there. It was such an experience and there was always something exciting in the gift bags. I went to see it in Boise, ID a few years ago and it was so different and boring. No cool swag at all and the crowd wasn't that into it. Its great to see everyone getting excited here. I must have missed these threads in the past. Sadly there are no San Diego shows this year and I'm not driving up to Newport Beach since that's about 2 hours from me. Enjoy ladies.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ours is November 4 and 5. I used to win prizes all the time, but there used to be more. I think the number of ski movies has increased over the years to the point that the local stores are cutting back a lot on the freebies.

Christy

Angel Diva
I wasn't so into this year's movie. I actively disliked the snowmobiling part. The coupons were really good though. There were 50% off coupons for Sun Valley and 2 free ski days at Jackson Hole plus the usual local stuff.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Went, was ok, no swag, Not into the 'studio movie grill' experience, would have rather seen it in the Bishop auditorium :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly