• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New clip in pedals

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hows 'bout that!

I also found out there's a HUGE difference between the way the cheap Shimano pedals and knock-offs work versus the real-deal XTR pedals. But geeze....the PRICE!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a first cycle on my new (second hand) bike last weekend having bought some new cycle shoes. The last time I had a "first go" with clipless pedals I managed to cycle headfirst, one foot still attached to the bike, straight into the canal having tried to dodge around a couple out for a Saturday morning stroll! They went left then right as I came up behind them, and I had no time to click out. It was quite hilarious, though they looked mortified!

Thankfully, the canal is only about 4ft deep...I felt a bit silly, climbed out, adjusted my dripping t shirt and cycled the last couple of miles home trying to maintain my dignity despite the water in my shoes, the soggy t shirt and hair plastered all over my face!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hehehe.

That's almost as good as saying "Listen to all those amateurs clipping out this far from the stop point", then gracelessly crashing to the ground in front of the entire group of 400 or so people just moments later, still clipped in.

Of course, I don't know anyone who would do anything like that. [hands in pockets, looking around, whistling non-chalantly :bag: ]

abc

Banned
Hows 'bout that!

I also found out there's a HUGE difference between the way the cheap Shimano pedals and knock-offs work versus the real-deal XTR pedals. But geeze....the PRICE!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Not just pedals. Shifters, brakes... XTR level components are so much smoother and precise!

Want the top quality? Got to pay top dollars!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna