• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mountain Collective Pass 2014-15 (Alta/Bird, Aspen, Squaw/Alpine, JH, Whistler, Mammoth)

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Mountain Collective Pass (MCP) for 2014-15 is already on the second stage. Still offering a third included day at one destination, but the price went up $10 to $369 for adults. Still $99 for kids age 12 and under. In previous years, the MCP was available in the spring and then again starting in mid-August until about mid-November. The price went up by about $30 between the first stage and the last.

For those unfamiliar with the MCP, it covers six destinations in North America: Alta/Snowbird, Aspen/Snowmass, Squaw/Alpine, Jackson Hole, Whistler, Mammoth. For Alta/Bird, it's for a combo pass only. For Aspen, all four mountains are included as is usual there. The idea behind the MCP is that you get two included days at all six places, plus 50% off any additional days (no blackout dates). For the 2014-15 MCP, also get two days at Thredbo and Valle Nevado in Summer 2014.

Someone who travels to ski at big mountains who can make it to two of the destinations for at least 3 days each usually can save a bit of money with the MCP. In some cases, skiing for 6+ days at one destination may make the MCP worth considering.

marzNC

Angel Diva
As of May 20, the status bar for the Mountain Collective is into NEARLY SOLD OUT at the $369/$99 price point with a 3rd day at one destination. Per usual, no way to know whether this stage will last another two days, two weeks, or well into the summer.

Screen Shot 2014-05-20 at 11.26.59 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
I've been intrigued by the evolution of the MCP. I think 2014-15 will be the third season, the second with six destinations. Last year the spring sales ended in mid-May. The next stage started mid-August and that's when the kid's price first showed up for $239, adults $379.

abc

Banned
It's been showing as "nearly sold out" since I bought my pass over a month ago.
It's their sales technique.

Last year, it was "nearly sold out" for something like 5 months!

And if my recollection is correct, the pass never actually "sold out".

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
The early stage prices do go away eventually. Last year the spring price was gone soon after a reminder e-Blast was sent out. I got that email a couple days ago. The status bar has moved to about halfway. Of course, that doesn't really mean much in terms of how long or how many more MCPs are available for the current price.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Hey, it's FALL??? :clap:
Yep, "fall" as far as the MCP goes. Back on sale as of August 12, about the same time as last year. Price is up $20 to $389, with the kid price still at $99 but must buy an adult MCP. Not surprisingly, the extra third day at one destination as an incentive for purchasing in the spring is gone.

People who bought earlier will get the Banff destinations included as well. So up to 14 days included, possibly 15 if bought soon enough. Per usual, really need to get to more than one destination to make it worthwhile.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Got a reminder email today. The status bar is getting towards the end of NEARLY SOLD OUT at the final price, $389/adult and $99/child. Last year the MCP was gone by early Nov. May not last as long this time. Includes 14 days with the addition of Lake Louise/Sunshine.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Well, I was wrong. $389 was not the final price. They have moved on to the next round of sales . . . status bar back in the middle of IN STOCK. Price went up $10 for adults so now $399/adult and $99/child.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Mountain Collective status bar is in the middle of NEARLY SOLD OUT at the $399 price. Be interesting to see if it's still available by Dec. 1.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Marz can you point me in the direction of this?

I was not aware of it and we may take a resort up on it :-)
Sorry, what you quoted was an old post. The extra perk of a third day only existed if the MCP was bought last spring.

ozgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Dammit!

oh well not to worry. At the moment we are planning an extra day at Jackson (weather permitting) and going cat skiing :-)

marzNC

Angel Diva
50% off additional days past the first day is a pretty good deal in any case. I won't know until mid-Jan whether or not I'll make it to JH. Only doing the drive from SLC if conditions are likely to be pretty good. Last year it hadn't snowed for three weeks when my friends and I were there in late Jan. While we had fun learning the basics about JH, don't need another trip spent mostly on groomers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna