• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Motorbike

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
today the weather was sunny and very warm. After a shopping trip to town I decided to start my bike. Its a Suzuki 1200 Bandit.
Wasn't shure if it would start (battery may be empty) but it did on the first try. In full gear for cold weather I started a 70mile round trip that included a visit to a very nice bikefashion shop (I had to check out if there is something worth buying). Very nice too is the fact that after loosing some 30lbs my bikeclothes fit again very well. As usual I just felt great with a big smile in my face that wont go away! Just the same happens when I go skiing.
Maybe there are other SkiDivas that ride a bike???

This picture was taken by my mom last year in front of the appartmenthouse she lives.

MissyD_Bandit1200.jpg

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
MissyD, you'll be happy to know that we have a few other divas who are motorcycle enthusiasts.

I have been an officer of the local motorcycle club for nearly 15 years, mostly in support of my husband's passion for the sport. Most recently, he's taken up Ice Riding, which is just crazy!

Where is Bravosarah? She is one crazy biking chick!!

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very nice there are other bikemad girls here!!!

Ice riding??? You mean the bike has the tires with the long spikes in it???? I saw it once on YouTube .... CRAZY!

ride_ski

Angel Diva
MissyD,

I ride as well. Although it will be a while until mine comes out of the garage- considering it's snowing like crazy right now. DH and I actually have a "quiver" of bikes. When it came time for new ones, we couldn't bear to part with the old ones- kind of like skis :eyebrows:

DH and friends race in the local club racing (road course at the local track). I ride a Honda CBR600, Aprilia Futura (sport tourer) and my husband and I "share" an Aprilia Tuono.

I can't wait to get out and ride again- it's been too long.

Do you watch any racing? Last year we went to Moto GP in Indy. It was great. They really know how to put on a race.

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi there!
I watch most of Moto GP on TV .... my ex boyfriend was a friend of Valentino Rossi when he was a teenager.

I had first a Harley Davidson1200 Sportster. What a beast to ride. Sold it without a second thought. Then it was time for my Suzuki GSXR1100 from 1986. Lovely bike customized to look like a superbike from the 70ties. Very nice to ride and it was a featherweight. But I also had to sell her (to a collector). I then bought the Suzuki 1200 Bandit which I just love. Fantastic engine and it rides so easy .... I may keep it till I am to old to ride! I wish I could have kept my older bikes .... but living in an appartment there is no space to store bikes.

I had the following bikes:
2x Yamaha DT125MX Enduro 1978
SWM250 Enduro 1979
Yamaha YZ465 Cross Bike 1980
EML Yamaha 750 Cross Sidecar 1980
Harley Davidson 1200 Sportster Custom 2002
Suzuki GSXR1100 1986
Suzuki GSF1200Bandit 2005

I like the Aprilias a lot! Fine italian made bikes!

PS: I did not ride bikes from 1987 till 2003!

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ohhh man! I'd love a crotchrocket street bike... but I would get into so much trouble with one!!

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ohhh man! I'd love a crotchrocket street bike... but I would get into so much trouble with one!!

You're right! I try to ride according to the road laws .... but sometimes .... :loco::loco:

With my old Suzuki I only once accelerated with full power on the motorway where I knew police couldn't be with their radar equipment.
Just a few seconds of full trottle .... started to break around 200km/h. Never tried it again since then. Highspeeding is not my thing. I like flowing turns and a bike with a lot of ooomps to ride through them!:D

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Uh, I have two bikes:

BMW R100GS (in my mom's Maryland garage right now)
BMW R1100S (in my Munich garage right now)

Love them both...

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would love to learn to ride :smile:

Do you plan to ride someday? I dreamed of it since I was 8-9yrs old!
For me riding my bike is a) some sort of therapy after work and b) a nice way to sightseeing my country and c) meet nice people 'on the road'.:becky:

Mafia_Princess

Certified Ski Diva
Never really thought about it as more than a wish.. My dad apparently rode before he had me.. said it was fantastic but too dangerous. I have a femme friend who has gotten into bikes in the last few years though and it's a push to kind of want to.. Sadly she isn't local.. and I don't really know anyone well enough to try to see if that's something I'd enjoy.

missyd

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just dream of it ... it may come true some day!!!!

I was crazy again on saturday .... bought me a nice Dainese Yu Lady leather two piece suit! My gosh its beautiful! Color is white ... I never thought I could wear such a small sized suit. But -16.5kg on the scale show its result!:becky::becky:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna