• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Memorable ski days

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
What makes a ski day one to remember? What makes it stand out from the rest?

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Good question. For me, because they're not all that common, are powder days. Two at Tremblant this season stand out and will be remembered - as will two at Vail. Not to mention some absolutlely perfect spring skiing days in the last couple of weeks, made more memorable by being with good friends and laughing a lot. And of course there are those horrendous days we'll never forget: snow like glue or sheer ice. Those, too, are memorable - if not in a good way.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's always a little different. The company and/or the weather are most often the factors, though.

deannatoby

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Making big improvements in skiing, especially if it's a new skill, like bumps. Sometimes it's making big improvements combined with amazing conditions. I end the day feeling invincible, so it's an awesome day!

abc

Banned
I've gotten quite choosy on when I ski (and I might add I got better and weather/condition predicting). So good condition days are more often than not.

Good company always make a day better. Combine good condition and good company? That makes for a GREAT day.

I got so many of those great days this season I don't even know how to start picking which one is the most memorable one.

I know, a good problem to have.

Jilly

Staff member
I would say, where you're skiing, the company you keep and atmosphere. I've had great times with friends in bad weather....SkiBam and I back in December....And great times with friends in almost decent weather - today, but the best combines all the elements...good friends, good conditions, good weather, good snow.....all the elements for a great day!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Making big improvements in skiing, especially if it's a new skill, like bumps. Sometimes it's making big improvements combined with amazing conditions. I end the day feeling invincible, so it's an awesome day!
+1

I remember very clearly the days at Alta when I first skied a harder ungroomed area. This year it was the lower half of High Rustler and going across the Devil's Castle traverse. Last year it was the day I went around the High T to the Backside for the first time. I have very clear memories of skiing Ballroom in 8+ inches powder for the first time as an adult in 2008.

The first time on Liberty at Big Sky a couple seasons ago during a Diva Week was also memorable.

Certain days are associated with memories of skiing with my daughter.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
+1

I remember very clearly the days at Alta when I first skied a harder ungroomed area. This year it was the lower half of High Rustler and going across the Devil's Castle traverse. Last year it was the day I went around the High T to the Backside for the first time. I have very clear memories of skiing Ballroom in 8+ inches powder for the first time as an adult in 2008.

The first time on Liberty at Big Sky a couple seasons ago during a Diva Week was also memorable.

Certain days are associated with memories of skiing with my daughter.
Where are these Diva Weeks? Sounds fun.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
When you have 25 posts, you will have access to the "Divas Only" section, where you will see one for meet-ups and trip reports from gatherings.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Also memorable are those days when you get someone else hooked on skiing. Happened for me this year with my six-year-old granddaughter. After about an hour, she was making controlled turns down the learning slope and announced, "Skiing is awesome!" I won't forget that.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Also memorable are those days when you get someone else hooked on skiing. Happened for me this year with my six-year-old granddaughter. After about an hour, she was making controlled turns down the learning slope and announced, "Skiing is awesome!" I won't forget that.
Or the day that someone we're with makes a particularly huge stride and is grinning from ear to ear. Love that. Learned early on to enjoy that from long-time instructor DH.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Diva Weeks in the west in recent years have been at Big Sky or Snowbasin/Powder Mountain. The first one I attended in north Tahoe included a 3-morning special Diva Clinic by NASTC that certainly included memorable days. We had 10 inches of fresh powder at Alpine Meadows and 20 inches the next day at Squaw. The first time I had a lesson in deep powder.

There are also Diva Weeks in the northeast, although those are usually smaller and only 3-4 days of skiing. Attendees usually drive for those gatherings.

If you create a self-introduction thread in Getting to Know You, you'll probably have enough posts pretty quickly. Plus you are likely to find a few Divas who ski in your region.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Diva Weeks in the west in recent years have been at Big Sky or Snowbasin/Powder Mountain. The first one I attended in north Tahoe included a 3-morning special Diva Clinic by NASTC that certainly included memorable days. We had 10 inches of fresh powder at Alpine Meadows and 20 inches the next day at Squaw. The first time I had a lesson in deep powder.

There are also Diva Weeks in the northeast, although those are usually smaller and only 3-4 days of skiing. Attendees usually drive for those gatherings.

If you create a self-introduction thread in Getting to Know You, you'll probably have enough posts pretty quickly. Plus you are likely to find a few Divas who ski in your region.
Thanks!

mustski

Angel Diva
For me, it's definitely the company that makes for a memorable ski day. Don't get me wrong ... I love those awesome conditions day just like any other diva, but add good company? That's a day I remember.

Needsalife

Certified Ski Diva
July 4, 1979, glacier skiing near Zermatt, Switzerland. I was 16 years old and at ski camp for the summer with a bunch of other American teens. For some reason the only "patriotic" song we could remember was "American Pie." I'll never forget whizzing down the mountain screaming the chorus of "American Pie" over and over at the top of my lungs.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There's no one thing that makes it memorable for me. It could be the weather, the snow conditions, the scenery, the company, the absolute silence in the woods, the glitter of super-cold falling snow in front of the rising sun, the beauty of the setting sun, that 1 perfect run where everything is just "right", or the company. Usually, though, it's the perfect combination of some (or many) of those things.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna