• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mammoth Mountain owner buys Bear Mountain and Snow Summit

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Full article: https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mammoth-big-bear-20140924-story.html
Highlights:
- The owner of Mammoth Mountain ski resort pays $38 million for Bear Mountain and Snow Summit resorts
- Expect development at Bear Mountain and Snow Summit after their purchase by Mammoth Mountain's owners
- Mammoth Mountain plans to begin this weekend to sell an annual pass that gives snow enthusiasts access to Mammoth Mountain and June Mountain, plus Bear Mountain and Snow Summit, for $689, he said. That's the same price that Mammoth Mountain charged for its annual pass last year.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks VickiK for the article -- very interesting to see how things will work out. Nice to know I can use my season pass at all 4 resorts this year.

mustski

Angel Diva
I, for one, am totally excited! For $240 I can upgrade my season pass to include Mammoth and June with no blackout dates! That will be only $689 for the Cali4nia pass which is a great deal! The best part is that @skibum4ever and her DH can pop up to stay with us in Big Bear also because their Mammoth pass now includes our local resorts.

Our SoCal diva group just grew to include anyone who has a Mammoth pass!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Thanks, mustski.

We are really looking forward to the ski season and to sharing it with you and the other soCal Divas. :ski:

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't forget me in the so cal ski diva meet ups. I'm new to the area and will be trying to find time to sneak away from my two kids to ski this year but am definitely up for some shorter trips. I doubt it will be worth it for me to get a pass but plan on it for next year.

mustski

Angel Diva
Don't forget me in the so cal ski diva meet ups. I'm new to the area and will be trying to find time to sneak away from my two kids to ski this year but am definitely up for some shorter trips. I doubt it will be worth it for me to get a pass but plan on it for next year.
Don't worry. We won't forget you. How old are your kids?

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a 2 year old and a 8 month old so we are busy but I'm SO looking forward to sneaking away this winter.

mustski

Angel Diva
I have a 2 year old and a 8 month old so we are busy but I'm SO looking forward to sneaking away this winter.
Yes, those are the busy ages! We will definitely have to meet up so you can have some diva ski time! Keep snow dancing.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For the "Things That Make You Go Hmmmmm" file:

Aug. 16, 2011: Vail Resorts, Inc. today announced a worldwide multi-year partnership agreement with two-time Olympic gold medalist, professional snowboarder and skateboarder Shaun White.
“This feels like a homecoming because I have spent so much time riding at most of Vail Resorts’ mountains,” said White. “With Northstar as my home mountain, I now have the ideal place to train and continue to grow as an athlete and I am looking forward to all the possibilities this partnership brings.”

Today: "The Flying Tomato" has gone from carving the slopes to owning them.
Olympic gold medal snowboarder Shaun White has taken a minority stake in the company that runs Mammoth Mountain and recently spent $38 million to buy Snow Summit and Bear Mountain, the Southern California resorts where he perfected his ollies, rail slides and back flips.
"It's like a homecoming to me," White said.
Article: https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-shaun-white-big-bear-20160128-story.html

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yah, wondering about that got an "email" about it this morning from Mammoth

Mammoth Resorts Announces New Investor

That’s right, from parking lot van life and first chair at daybreak to the Olympic podium—and now all the way back to the home mountain again—we’re stoked to announce Shaun White as an investor in Mammoth Resorts.
From supporting kids in snowboarding, to hosting some of the best musical acts in the world, to terrain park development, Shaun will lend his expertise to building the future of Mammoth Resorts.
Shaun White got his start with us, right here at Bear Mountain and Snow Summit. We’re excited to have him as a partner. High fives for homecomings—and here’s to great things ahead.
READ ON

Remember when "Dave" was the only investor......

Last edited:

mustski

Angel Diva
Sean White needs a manager to advise him because he just got taken for a huge ride! Mammoth has an absolutely terrible reputation in BB. That town is fed up with them, the traffic jams are the craziest they have ever been - and yes, it's Mammoth's fault. Sean White invested 7 figures which (an admittedly whopping figure in my world) is the proverbial drop in the bucket in the ski industry. Mammoth wanted a face - a friendly face that would be well received in BB. Despite claims to the contrary, just wait and see, Sean will be nothing more than a PR program, and it won't help. Unless Sean White can somehow fix the very real problems being caused by Mammoth management, BB won't be a welcoming, loving place for him for very long.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna